The Dining and Food Thread

cv91915

At the moment I am eating the parts of the potatoes that were scooped out... heated up with some butter. Next to a pork chop I cooked on the grill.

I tried browning the potatoes with a creme brûlée torch, but I abandoned that quickly because the goal wasn't incineration.

Potato skins tonight.

sAc4og1.jpg

At the moment I am eating the parts of the potatoes that were scooped out... heated up with some butter. Next to a pork chop I cooked on the grill.

I tried browning the potatoes with a creme brûlée torch, but I abandoned that quickly because the goal wasn't incineration.

Potato skins tonight.

Next time you're in OC, hit up the Crab Cooker down by the Newport Pier. Go during a weekday lunch to avoid the crowds. Get the Twice Baked Romanao Potatoes. Figure out how to make them at home with your leftover baked potato/mashed potatoes. It's on my to-do list.

Tonight for dinner will be corned beef and cabbage. Not because its St Patrick's day, its just what we want.

No shepard’s pie?

Nope. I did see at Costco yesterday however some ones they made in house.

Tonight for dinner will be corned beef and cabbage. Not because its St Patrick's day, its just what we want.

No shepard’s pie?

Nope. I did see at Costco yesterday however some ones they made in house.
They have a decent bakery and meat departments at Costco. Unfortunately everything is too big. Even the bagels and bread would spoil before I can finish.

Made to order. Bacon, mushroom swiss burger. Bison. From Whole Check.

I'm leaving a kids b-day party at one of those trampoline places that are entirely too loud and too crowded. I will be stopping by whole foods for a pint or two on the way home. Although not wearing a wedding band has lead to some interesting interactions with south OC single moms...

Edited by Konrad2012

I need to order more salt for my grinder. I've been using Himalayan pink of unknown origin. Suggestions for a good general-purpose variety?

I get the one made by Natierra. Not sure if it is any better or any worse than any of the others. I just got it and it pops up on Amazon, so I have stuck with it.