cv91915

The Dining and Food Thread

On 9/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, cv91915 said:

We had a bumper crop of (mostly) yellow grape tomatoes this year, along with a bunch of oddly tiny peppers, so I'm taking everything that's left and improvising a sauce.

I bought a red pepper and some garlic and a few Roma tomatoes to balance out the yellow tomatoes from the garden and roasted it all up.

I also cooked some mushroom and onion and garlic, and then puréed it all together in the food processor and tossed in some chopped fresh basil at the end.

The roasted tomatoes by themselves are so good I wish I had skipped the mushrooms, but I didn't discover that until the very end, after everything was combined and I licked the spoon that I used to transfer the tomatoes.

MXcGayq.jpg

That pan on the right needs to go.  :lol: 

I found an unmarked Ziploc bag in the freezer yesterday, and eventually realized that it was the last of this batch of roasted tomato sauce.

Tonight I roasted some boneless chicken breasts in the oven, tossed them in Parmesan cheese and put them under the broiler, and then served the sauce and the chicken over fettuccine.

I improvised some garlic bread using hot dog buns, butter and garlic salt.  Trashy, but it worked.

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

Dinner with the Patels. They own the Quality Inn I'm staying at. I'll report back later.

Well I had a feast fit for a king. I'll have curry and garlic coming out my pores for the next few days. But it was worth it. My hosts are well traveled. Straight up travel geeks. Flyertalk junkies.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:51 PM, cv91915 said:

Today I had lunch at Brennan's (but not with any of these people).

AtwyOix.jpg

7LJarRD.jpg

I picked out the entree before I arrived. While I waited for my fried pork chop (Center-cut Pork Chop, Black Truffle Grits, Over-easy Egg, Red Eye Jus) I enjoyed some crusty bread and an amuse-bouche, which was a small round of toast with spicy crawfish... it was really good.

Pork chop:

2MZThQN.jpg

I had planned to order the bananas Foster (I have had it here before and it's great) for dessert, but I had no place to put it.

Tonight I planned to have dinner with a colleague at either K-Paul's or Delmonico, but I canceled about 30 minutes ago because I just can't eat anymore...

Same person from the first photo?

QYfLDcS.png

Edited by cv91915

Tomahawk ribeye in the oven at 250 f until 111 f. Then on the charcoal for a sear (about 5 minutes between it's fourish sides). overshot just a bit on the rest to 136 f. 

They had some enormous strawberries at the grocery store this morning, so I did the only reasonable thing and bought 2 pounds of them, dipped them in white chocolate and rolled them in crushed cocoa-covered almonds.

hI9oVJj.jpg

Edited by cv91915

2 hours ago, Lander said:

CV seems to be actively trying to help you not go back to OG, lol.

I am presently having hot, delicious pizza. Two slices. And a can of Sprite.

Sbarro?

Dinner is in the oven. Homemade chicken casserole made from a rotisserie chicken we got at a Costco.

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

They had some enormous strawberries at the grocery store this morning, so I did the only reasonable thing and bought 2 pounds of them, dipped them in white chocolate and rolled them in crushed cocoa-covered almonds.

hI9oVJj.jpg

That's a dingleberry.

Taco Bell via GrubHub.

I'm too tired and lazy to leave the hotel. Plus right now there is no minimum order and delivery fees for Taco Bell. At least in my area.

Chicken breasts in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in the crock pot that will end up as pulled chicken. Need to run to store to get some milk and bread (and there's not even a snowstorm coming! 😀) soon. That'll be a couple lunches and a dinner.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Chicken breasts in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in the crock pot that will end up as pulled chicken. Need to run to store to get some milk and bread (and there's not even a snowstorm coming! 😀) soon. That'll be a couple lunches and a dinner.

Sounds good.  I like the BBQ sauce from Rufus Teague.

Chicken breasts + Buffalo wing sauce + CrockPot = good clean fun as well.  Drizzle more wing sauce over the chicken before serving.  

On 2/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Need to run to store to get some milk and bread (and there's not even a snowstorm coming! 😀)

And to round it off, I got a dozen eggs along with the milk and bread. So this will be breakfast tomorrow:

171673.jpg

That or:

recipe-4-7-68-eggscramburrito-447x257_tc