Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Where Was Your Card Declined Today?

On 8/11/2018 at 2:14 PM, Torpedo said:

Hopefully, my card is not being declined anywhere. If my card is being declined, it means I don't have any money.

That said.. The next place may be somewhere in the mall.

You need to get something besides crappy debit cards which afford you ZERO protections compared to credit cards...

Forgot to add to my original post.

Amex Platinum at Guy's Fieri burger joint in Cancun Mexico Airport. $20+ us conversion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My chase Card was declined at the Apple store, called in then approved.

it was then declined at the local pizza restaurant.   Called in, then approved 

I tried to use WF's cardless ATM on Sunday using codes tied to both my debit card and my ATM card.  All attempts were declined.  

I called in today and they couldn't explain why, but they've unlocked my cards so I can try again.  

A couple weeks ago, Citi declined at local grocery store, didn't have time to call and find out why, then used it several more times with no problems. Then called to follow up and they couldn't say why it was declined and there was no problem. 

Pretty rare that transactions are declined, but it does happen. Goes to show to always have a couple backups.

Smith's Fuel (Kroger). Attempted to purchase gas at the pump with my Penfed 5% cashback Visa.

Card did not work: "Please see cashier".

Cashier informed me that Visa is no longer accepted due to excessive interchange fees. He suggested I apply for a Smith's Mastercard.

I bought 35 gallons of gas across the street at Shell instead, so Kroger successfully avoided paying the interchange fee.  :lol: 

I ordered a new Citi TYP for TAD since his was nowhere to be found.

The card arrived and was activated, and I put it in his wallet.

Later that day the card was declined for a $1,600 equipment purchase he needed to make for work, and then again for a $12 fee at a parking lot.

I assumed that my new W*****t card from Capital One was sitting in our mailbox in California.

As it turns out, someone was trying to use it at Amazon this morning...

jPks9w7.jpg

23 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I assumed that my new W*****t card from Capital One was sitting in our mailbox in California.

As it turns out, someone was trying to use it at Amazon this morning...

jPks9w7.jpg

Apparently those two ideas weren't mutually exclusive.

14 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

This an open mailbox or a locked one?

Locked.  And I looked back and I had a mail hold until yesterday.

Cashier at Chick-fil-a told me my Uber Visa was declined and asked me to pay some other way.

Used my PNC Cash Rewards instead but was suspicious so I kept the receipt in case of double charge.

Oddly enough I see the charge pending on Uber Visa so I'm not really sure what happened.

W*****t MasterCard, at W*****t at 6:00 a.m. today (I'm boycotting the nearby Vons and their 8-ounce/$3.99 bags of grated Kraft cheese).

I waited too long to do store pickup, so I had to go inside.  

OMG.  :swoon:  

My Chase Hyatt card is consistently declined when I try to use it at Hilton properties.  It's approved literally everywhere else.

:dntknw:

Sam's Club Mastercard...declined several months ago at a restaurant.  Amex worked there.  Went home,  found no issues with the card.  Used it at another restaurant the next day.  Last night used the card at a restaurant and about 30 minutes later, declined at a movie theater for $5.  Went home and found no issues with the card.  It seems to be the only card I have had this intermittent issue with.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:17 AM, cv91915 said:

W*****t MasterCard, at W*****t at 6:00 a.m. today (I'm boycotting the nearby Vons and their 8-ounce/$3.99 bags of grated Kraft cheese).

Wow, now you have to clip a digital coupon to get a little bag of grated cheese for $3.99.  🖕

6MhD1wc.png

Edited by cv91915

On 4/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, cv91915 said:

I tried to use WF's cardless ATM on Sunday using codes tied to both my debit card and my ATM card.  All attempts were declined.  

I called in today and they couldn't explain why, but they've unlocked my cards so I can try again.  

I've been dealing with this for a year.

After getting zero help from the local branch, I escalated the problem for a second time via phone last week, and got transferred to someone who opened a tech support ticket and gave me an incident number.

Yesterday I got an email asking me to call in to provide tech support with more info so they can help.  

I called in and the incident had already been closed (apparently, WF tech support doesn't see the need to fix my problem since I've been able to get cash with the physical card since I reported the incident with cardless ATM access).

The agent who helped me today is now saying that the cardless ATM access doesn't work if you aren't using an ATM in the same state as your mailing address -- unless you have a travel notice set up on the account. 

So I had him change our mailing address back to our place in California, since this is the only place where I ever get cash from a Wells Fargo ATM.

And now I prepare for the next declined attempt to get cash.