Sign in to follow this  
reinadiaz

Chexsystems Deletion Request

I have seen many people suffering from the affect of a paid-off bank account reported as fraud through Chexsystems or Telecheck just as I have.

Hopefully this may help your situation:

Send your letters to the address of the appropriate agency:

ChexSystems Consumer Relations

7805 Hudson Road

Suite 100

Woodbury, MN 55125

TeleCheck Services, Inc.

Attention: Consumer Resolutions-FA

P.O. Box 4514

Houston, TX 77210

[Your name]

[Your address]

[Name and address of original bank]

[Date]

RE: Acct # [Your account #]

To whom it may concern:

This is a formal notice of dispute regarding information that [name of bank] sent to [ChexSystems/TeleCheck], a consumer reporting agency.

The following false information was sent to [ChexSystems/TeleCheck]:

This information was disputed with [ChexSystems/TeleCheck] on [date]; however, [Name of bank] verified the information as accurate. This falsely reported information damages my financial reputation and should be removed immediately.

[Name of bank] reported [account abuse/suspected fraud/fraud] when in fact, no [abuse/fraud] took place. There was no illegal activity on the account.

[Only include these two sentences if no money is owed to the reporting bank]: [Name of bank] did not experience any financial loss and no money is owed on this account. There was no violation of the account agreement that governed the account.

Under my rights under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, I am asking for an investigation of this reported information, and removal of the false information reported to [ChexSystems/TeleCheck].

Sincerely,

[Your name]

cc: [bank branch where account was opened]

You can try the letter, but if the bank or credit union verifies your disputed information, you're back at square one.

After the dispute process, the next step to remove falsely reported information is to file a formal complaint with a regulator; The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the US Office of the Comptroller (the OCC has been referring consumers to the CFPB), the NCUA (for credit unions), or the state regulatory agency (for state chartered banks).

The OCC and NCUA are pro bank and credit union, so you must have clearly documented proof when you file a complaint.

P.S.

Unlike the big 3 credit bureaus, Chexsystems info is difficult to remove. Telecheck usually clears your report once you pay them.

Tell us about your successful experience getting a removal from Chex. Let us know the bank and specific details. It may help someone dealing with that bank or credit union.

Good morning all,

After sending this letter with some tweaks to fit my situation, Chexsytems saw that the BOA account that I had was paid in full and removed it off of my report. By no means am I advising anyone to falsify information. I just posted this letter and if need be you can tweak the letter just as I did, but it's a start.

Thanks for the letter. Removal depends on individual circumstances. Depending on the issues, you may have to use additional methods.

It helps to have a documented error or mistake by the bank to use as leverage. When you dispute, they contact the bank to verify what you assert in the letter.

Edited by tmcgill