Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard ONLY $2K??

princedazzler

The last post in this topic was posted 2456 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

OK So I was just approved for the Barclays Arrival Plus Mastercard and was only approved for $2000?

Ive been with Barclays for almost 10 years Never been late and never asked for a increase in all that time. Albeit that is the only credit card I had for the last 10 years, Been using my debit cards 97% of the time. My original card was the Juniper/Barclays itunes card with a $2250.00 Credit line. So now that my Fico is between 780-807 I figured Ill apply for the Arrival plus and hopefully expect atleast a $12k or more limit...Nope They originally declined me due to ID verification???? I called them and said Ive been with you guys for almost a decade What do you mean you cant verify my Identity? I spoke to a UW and she said since you only had one credit card (Even with us) Thats not enough history to be approved for the Arrival plus. But since you have been with us since 2008 I will approve you for $2k and well see how it goes. Now you do know I have to pay $89 a year to have this card and the special they have going is Get 50,000 points if you spend $3K with the first 90 days of opening account.... This is crazy Anyone else had anything like this happen to them? Ad could I get a CLI sooner that, lets say 3 months?

I successfully applied for 5 credit cards in May.

4 were approved with generous new credit lines.

Barclays was approved only by siphoning a credit line from another Barclays card I had. 2 months later Barclays cut my overall credit lines with them by 40%.

Barclays had been pretty generous with me in the past. They must have adjusted their algorithms to "stingy" mode sometime in the last 12 months.

Use the card, spend $3000 in 2 months or whatever, get your $500 credit toward future travel (of $100 or more), and if you want an international travel card with higher limits, try the Capital One Venture, Citi Thank You Premier, or Chase Sapphire Preferred, both have generous signup bonuses and will be much more generous with their initial credit limit.

Edited by moneypyts

My spouse just got this card. It was autoapproved at $12,500. :lol:

Stats: 832 FICO, strong HHI, low utilization, 15-year credit history. This is his lowest limit (highest is $61,905).

This card turns Full FecalTM in year two when the AF kicks in (even without the ridiculous redemption restrictions, who pays $89 a year for a 2% card?).

We got the card solely for the SUB, and he will put some non-category work spending on it for 2% back in the next few months, then we'll cash out and move on.

It's definitely not a keeper, at any credit limit.

You've had a single card for 10 years that you admittedly don't use. Why would they give you a large limit?

That being said you might be able to call back to a Barclays analyst and explain the $3K min spend conundrum and get another couple K out of them. Be cognizant of an additional hard pull.

Are you eligible for NFCU or another lender known for high credit limits? If so, add a 3rd card and then wait six months. You'll have some history and can take Chase for all of their fat bonuses.

Do you have any open installment loans?

You've had a single card for 10 years that you admittedly don't use. Why would they give you a large limit?

That being said you might be able to call back to a Barclays analyst and explain the $3K min spend conundrum and get another couple K out of them. Be cognizant of an additional hard pull.

Are you eligible for NFCU or another lender known for high credit limits? If so, add a 3rd card and then wait six months. You'll have some history and can take Chase for all of their fat bonuses.

Plus one

I'm wondering if Barclays is stingy in general, or if it's only with the Arrival Plus. I never had a Barclays card before last month, but I just got an auto-approved AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite with a $25000 credit limit. I was planning to go for an Arrival Plus next year, but now I'm curious if they'll try to screw me over with a low limit.

I'm wondering if Barclays is stingy in general, or if it's only with the Arrival Plus. I never had a Barclays card before last month, but I just got an auto-approved AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite with a $25000 credit limit. I was planning to go for an Arrival Plus next year, but now I'm curious if they'll try to screw me over with a low limit.

The only two outcomes I've gotten from a Barclaycard CLI request are a meager increase or, more frequently, a big fat "no" because there is "not enough usage on the card."

It's not uncommon for us to run $10,000-15,000 through the Aviator Silver in a statement cycle.

My limit is currently $45,000, but by far the biggest boost came from moving the limit from my Sallie Mae card when I closed it, just before the Sallie Mae converted to that tragic piece of garbage that replaced it.

As a means of comparison, I have an $81,000 Citi card I almost never use.

Edited by cv91915

No installment loans

The last post in this topic was posted 2456 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.