Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Midland credit mgmnt and prelegal notice

The last post in this topic was posted 1167 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received a letter from Midland with the heading that this was a prelegal notification. They stated that they have attempted numerous times to contact me and were considering seeking legal litigation and that they may refer the account to an attorney in my state if they don't hear from me by the end of this week. Has anyone had a letter like this mailed to them. I remember asking for proof and they even notated it on my cr but i cant seem to find my letter that was sent. I don't want the drama of the attorney if pursued. I would like any help if possible.

I got a letter like that from Midland, but that was 8-9yrs ago. They folded instantly with a Texas validation and ITS letter.

The letter states a little over $1,000 for a cc. I dont know about a ITS because it is in SOL (GA) and they have it from 2014. Im just at a loss of what to do. I cant find my green card and letter from when i sent validation request and they kept on sending the dunning letters but marked my CR as being in dispute.

Write them another validation letter informing them that this is your 2nd letter requesting validation with no response from the 1st letter and send it CMRR. After they receive your letter immediately dispute with all CRA's reporting the account ( have that letter ready to go as soon as they sign for your validation request letter ). Do not pay them anything until they validate because even though they love going to court, they will also fold lots of times if they know you will fight back.

I meant to add Midland never validated, ive never received anything from them as proof, but continued to dunn me.

Was your validation request sent within 30 days after you received their first collection letter?

Edited by Bluesie58

Yes, i remember sending the validation letter within the 30 days of the initial dunn letter because i moved to another apt but i can't find it and we are talking a little over two years ago. Im wondering if i send a second validation letter how it would be worded in terms of needing an actual date of the first validation letter. I know the burden of proof is on them, but trying to find the initial letter is bothering me a little.

Yes, i remember sending the validation letter within the 30 days of the initial dunn letter because i moved to another apt but i can't find it and we are talking a little over two years ago. Im wondering if i send a second validation letter how it would be worded in terms of needing an actual date of the first validation letter. I know the burden of proof is on them, but trying to find the initial letter is bothering me a little.

They didn't respond at all with anything? It doesn't take much to validate a debt.

In any case, it's your burden to prove you sent the first letter. If you don't have proof, it's your word against theirs.

I did some housekeeping/investigation and found a few dunn letters from them and letters from three CA that dunn me before being passed to midland in a folder in an old backpack. From what i can gather the dunn letters seem sporatic from midland. Im thinking they may not (hopefully) have had anything once it was passed to them and thats why there was no validation from them. In any event they may have sent something that i overlooked because,hey, im now finding past letters from them...but i still seem to remember not seeing anything from them. Ill do more digging and will take to my storage to see what i can find. Thanks to all who helped me and holefully nothing comes of this.

The last post in this topic was posted 1167 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.