Security freeze for all 3 CRAs

geeharry88

The last post in this topic was posted 1598 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hmm. Technically, if the bad guys do have your personal info, can't they unfreeze your reports if they want?

It seems strange that a credit bureau can screw up majorly like this, and the end result is they rake in the profits by collecting more fees for the foreseeable future to freeze and unfreeze credit reports.

Hmm. Technically, if the bad guys do have your personal info, can't they unfreeze your reports if they want?

It seems strange that a credit bureau can screw up majorly like this, and the end result is they rake in the profits by collecting more fees for the foreseeable future to freeze and unfreeze credit reports.

How right you are. They should be held responsible in someway. To answer your first question, it's my understanding that they need a PIN number to unfreeze.

I also changed all my passwords, user names and security questions on all my accts incl social media and the social security site.

I thought about this but I don't know most of them, have multifactor authentication on as many as support it and have been moving towards biometric security where possible so unless they have access to my phone, fingerprints, and eyes there are going to be people easier to hack.

It seems as with most vulture criminals, if they want something of yours bad enough they will find a way to get it, but if you make it very difficult to get they will usually target someone easier to steal from.

The last post in this topic was posted 1598 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.