I'd like to know which credit card is the premier card?

The last post in this topic was posted 1546 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I am finally at a spot in life where I can just about get any credit card I want. I wanted to know, what's the hardest card to get? Is American Express supposed to be one of the best? Which card should I go after? I'd really like to see if I qualify for the best.

Hardest to get would be ones that you must be invited for, or have very large sums of investment with the lender.

Invite only would be Amex Centurion, so prepare to spend at least 250k per year on a Platinum card before they will even look at you.

High investment would be JP Morgan cards that require you to be a JPM private client.

You shouldn't go after the "hardest to get" cards but the ones that you can benefit from the most. That depends on your lifestyle. Match up what you currently spend with the cost / benefits the different cards offer then pick the best fit.

Don't get sucked into the marketing. The implied status that various credit cards provide is largely a marketing fiction aimed at consumers. Merchants only care if a charge is approved.

I am finally at a spot in life where I can just about get any credit card I want. I wanted to know, what's the hardest card to get? Is American Express supposed to be one of the best? Which card should I go after? I'd really like to see if I qualify for the best.

Best is subjective and you haven't provided any useful criteria to narrow down the options for you.

Hardest is not the criteria to use. Form a strategy based on your needs/wants and select cards that suit you versus going for whatever you think may be the hardest. Don't select a creditor and then try to justify a card from that creditor. You should be looking at specific cards.

Edited by takeshi

You could move to Kazakhstani and get their real solid gold card with 26 diamonds in it.Only costs $100,000 and its limited to the top 100 richest people in that country.Now all you have to do is move there and be in the top 1%of their top 1%.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235121/Visa-launching-solid-gold-26-diamond-encrusted-credit-card-ultra-wealthy-customers-Kazakhstan.html

You could move to Kazakhstani and get their real solid gold card with 26 diamonds in it.Only costs $100,000 and its limited to the top 100 richest people in that country.Now all you have to do is move there and be in the top 1%of their top 1%.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235121/Visa-launching-solid-gold-26-diamond-encrusted-credit-card-ultra-wealthy-customers-Kazakhstan.html

So, if your wealth grows, and you move from # 105 richest to number 95 richest - do they take the card away from the guy who was #100 and is no longer in the top 100? lol

The last post in this topic was posted 1546 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.