Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Major Equifax hack. Major personal info leaked

The last post in this topic was posted 993 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/credit-reporting-firm-equifax-says-cybersecurity-incident-could-potentially-affect-143-million-us-consumers.html

Equifax Inc., which supplies credit information and other information services, said Thursday that a cybersecurity incident could have potentially affected 143 million consumers in the U.S.

Leaked data includes names, birth dates, social security numbers, addresses and potentially drivers licenses. 209,000 U.S. credit card numbers were also obtained, in addition to "certain dispute documents with personal identifying information for approximately 182,000 U.S. consumers."

Edited by cashnocredit

Sure they will. I think I already got free monitoring from a couple of other breaches. BC/BS and another one, I forget. Add to that, EFX will probably get sued.

Sure they will. I think I already got free monitoring from a couple of other breaches. BC/BS and another one, I forget. Add to that, EFX will probably get sued.

Oh, joy. Another class action lawsuit.

The last class action lawsuit I was in was supposed to give me $50 in free Starkist Tuna 2 years ago. Still waiting for that due to multiple appeals by lawyers. And if It ever does get finalized, I will only get approximately $4.43 worth of tuna. Thanks a lot Charlie!

Was just about to post that also. :/ And voila, CCT users were the targets, in retaliation for abusing the $1 trial! (/sarcasm) :D

As a bit of irony, when you go to the "Potential Impact" it says it will give you a message if your information was leaked or not, but it doesn't, it just signs you up automatically for the "TrustedID Premier" which doesn't kick in for a few days. -_- Way to help people with anxiety, EQ!

"On or after your enrollment date, please return tofaq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.

For more information visit the FAQ page."

Edited by Zanshiro

143 million. That's a huge number. It sounds like everyone who has a credit file in the U.S. We've kind of reached the point where it's pointless to protect your social security number, since the bad guys already have them all.

143 million. That's a huge number. It sounds like everyone who has a credit file in the U.S. We've kind of reached the point where it's pointless to protect your social security number, since the bad guys already have them all.

It seems like everyone is getting the deferred message, which just shows a date to come back and enroll in TrustedID Premier.

+1

+1

I was wondering how I was got.... I blamed it on either My fico (using card online) or Quiktrip.... That card was switched out about 2 weeks ago..... I saw 2 charges to amazon for a Kindle e-book, and I do not have a kindle. Good think I check daily..smh

+1

+1

I don't know how that double-double happened.

I don't know how that double-double happened.

:) :)

Edited by Burgerwars

I apologize didn't see this and posted a thread about is also. Terrible terrible news :(

+1 on the monitoring. i want it free as long as my SS# is out there with all my other info (no sarcasm) if they end up only allowing monitoring for 12 months of course the holders/sellers of the info will just wait until 12 months +1 day to actually use it.

Was just about to post that also. :/ And voila, CCT users were the targets, in retaliation for abusing the $1 trial! (/sarcasm) :D

As a bit of irony, when you go to the "Potential Impact" it says it will give you a message if your information was leaked or not, but it doesn't, it just signs you up automatically for the "TrustedID Premier" which doesn't kick in for a few days. -_- Way to help people with anxiety, EQ!

"On or after your enrollment date, please return tofaq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.

This is just heresay but on DoC the comment section commenters seem to think that if you are immediately offered that TrustedID thing it means your data was compromised in the 'hack'.

Edited by credidimus

Went to the sign up site.

I got a come back date of 9/13, my wife got a date of 9/11 but with my daughter, there was a message that she had not been impacted and to come back on 9/15. Neither my wife nor I received the not impacted message...interesting

This is just heresay but on DoC the comment section commenters seem to think that if you are immediately offered that TrustedID thing it means your data was compromised in the 'hack'.

I think it's pretty safe to assume if they are giving you something for free that means you were one of the 150 million or so.

Hold on to your ankles, boys & girls, we're in for a looooong ride.

My message said they had reason to believe I was affected by the data breach. It wanted me to sign up for the service.

Here's the message.

Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.

Edited by DarknessFalls

The last post in this topic was posted 993 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.