Sign in to follow this  
Udontdoit

AT&T Diversified Collection

Its been many years but I happened to bump into an issue and I am reaching out to the experts here for help again. OC was AT&T and account was moved to Diversified Consultants Inc. for the amount of $2,500. This was for cell service and the lines got crossed between the SIM cards, cell numbers, account etc, AT&T could not resolve the issue after upgrading the phones a year back. After several attempts to resolve the service, AT&T's best advice was to cancel all of the lines. When the collection came, I was right in the middle of buying a new home and getting a fresh mortgage, bad timing. I reached out to AT&T and although they refused to do a written PFD, I was promised multiple times on the call, which I recorded, that it would be removed in exchange for full payment given the service was not working correctly. The credit reports instead got updated with "Paid". I reached out to Diversified who holds the collection with EQ and EX. Diversified after several calls informs me that they do not own the collection and are simply an agent for AT&T, they would require a letter from AT&T to remove the collection for an invalid debt. I reached out to AT&T who informs me that they wrote off the account in November of 2015 and that Diversified owns the account fully. I have disputed with both EX and EQ and they keep coming back as verified. - Please help me with guidance oh wise people.

I had issues with ATT last year and finally was able to get immediate action by contacting the office of the president of ATT. Guy that helped me was named Don Arteaga and he can be reached at 806-758-6580 or email at da5947@att.com

I had a billing issue with AT&T last year, After six months of blatant lies and disregard, I filed a complaint with the FCC to finally get my issue addressed. Don't believe ANYthing AT&T reps tell you, Their objective is to get you off the phone, and the truth is irrelevant to them. I have never dealt with a company as dishonest. I switched to Verizon and don't miss the fraud and lies in the least.

Edited by spacemule

I had a billing issue with AT&T last year, After six months of blatant lies and disregard, I filed a complaint with the FCC to finally get my issue addressed. Don't believe ANYthing AT&T reps tell you, Their objective is to get you off the phone, and the truth is irrelevant to them. I have never dealt with a company as dishonest. I switched to Verizon and don't miss the fraud and lies in the least.

This^^^ times one million!

I just PFDed an ATT/Diversified collection with no luck. I am going to go the route of paying it off and trying for goodwill removal.

I just PFDed an ATT/Diversified collection with no luck. I am going to go the route of paying it off and trying for goodwill removal.

Don't do it. Once a CA is paid they have no reason to ever deal with you again.

Have you had success with them? and which approach did you take?

+10,000,000.

file a complaint with your states public utility commission against AT&T

be concise about the service mix up

DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!