Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
shifter

shifter's Rebuilding Thread

Recommended Posts

The main success I've had (NFCU and Citi) are because my EQ is close to 800. I wouldn't recommend trying any of these things until you can get at least one report completely clean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2018 at 11:12 PM, cv91915 said:

So Capital One will approve people for a card while they still have a Capital One CO reporting, but 7 inquiries is over the line?

finally bothered to go back to C1 and try another CLI request.

 

this time got an instant 3k approval $3500 -> $6500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, shifter said:

2 months later and I got another CLI.

 

This time $2k to take me to $5k. Very satisfied with that.

 

Interestingly my balance is over $2500 right now. In the past I always waited until I had paid it off. Maybe they like to see a balance?

 

Oh and my 12th statement just cut last month. That likely has more to do with it.

Tried another CLI request on Disco today after another 2+ months, no go.

Edited by shifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EQ FICO 9 from NFCU just randomly jumped from 759 to 801 this month. a slight util decrease, but nothing really changed other than time, so I must have hit some new AAoA or oldest account bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have been trying regularly for a soft CLI on my Citi DC card, but it always has given me the hard pull line.

 

tried today and it offered me a soft, so I took it. $1500 increase to $10.7k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, shifter said:

have been trying regularly for a soft CLI on my Citi DC card, but it always has given me the hard pull line.

 

tried today and it offered me a soft, so I took it. $1500 increase to $10.7k

Have you had any AR’s with TU or EX since you have had the card? So far none for me but fear if one is done my AA card will be shut down due to BK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 2:13 PM, StantheMan said:

Have you had any AR’s with TU or EX since you have had the card? So far none for me but fear if one is done my AA card will be shut down due to BK.

No idea. I never bother to check the backdoor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, shifter said:

Tried another CLI request on Disco today after another 2+ months, no go.

I've tried every couple of months and still no go today. the one CLI to 5k after unsecuring and they have me capped. the message is always "insufficient experience at current limit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 4:04 PM, shifter said:

finally bothered to go back to C1 and try another CLI request.

 

this time got an instant 3k approval $3500 -> $6500.

tried a couple of CLI requests this year, but always declined. now it's been 6 months tried again: $6500 -> $9500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shifter said:

I've tried every couple of months and still no go today. the one CLI to 5k after unsecuring and they have me capped. the message is always "insufficient experience at current limit".

Did you check here recently? Maybe you can open a 2nd then combine after 2x ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Occam said:

Did you check here recently? Maybe you can open a 2nd then combine after 2x ends.

well it came back with Discover it Cash card. it has an Apply Now button. is that a pre-approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, shifter said:

well it came back with Discover it Cash card. it has an Apply Now button. is that a pre-approval?

I wish I could remember... it's been awhile and I didn't keep proper records.

 

But last time I did this, I hit 'Apply Now' and got the card with no inq. Wish I'd kept a screen shot.

 

The time before that (2017) it definitely said I was pre-approved. So I went to Amazon and apped there (for the extra sub) and got the card with no inq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No go on Disco. 

 

Looks like your Experian®credit report is frozen.

Unfreeze your credit report so you can get a decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the offerings look pretty subpar. 

 

You have 3 offers available:

Spectrum Cash Card

Cash Back

Spectrum Travel Card

Earn Miles

BB&T Bright Card

Low APR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CLI request on NFCU on Friday from 35k->50k

 

Just logged in today and see it was approved to 50k. Don't even think they pulled a hard this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, hegemony said:

are you in a state served by BB&T? https://www.bbt.com/offers/checkOffers

any reason I really want one of these cards? I tried to app from the offer, but they couldn't verify my identity (probably because ARS/LN are frozen) and want me to go in a branch to complete the application. there's one fairly close to my house, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shifter said:

any reason I really want one of these cards? I tried to app from the offer, but they couldn't verify my identity (probably because ARS/LN are frozen) and want me to go in a branch to complete the application. there's one fairly close to my house, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

they are nothing great other than the oddball factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shifter said:

any reason I really want one of these cards? I tried to app from the offer, but they couldn't verify my identity (probably because ARS/LN are frozen) and want me to go in a branch to complete the application. there's one fairly close to my house, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

BB&T is strange , I have everything frozen including ARS/LN except EQ and was denied a checking account online but got the travel card with a 15k limit with no hard pull but as Hege stated nothing really special.

Edited by StantheMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, shifter said:

No go on Disco. 

 

Looks like your Experian®credit report is frozen.

Unfreeze your credit report so you can get a decision.

So Disco called me today about the app and if I'd unfrozen EX yet. I told them no thanks and they offered to pull the CRA of my choosing instead. Got approved with a $7500 limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apped BofA out of the blue one night last week to test their BL. Got the 7-10 day message and called the UW but they were closed and I forgot about it. They called me today to process the application and said that EX and TU were on ice. I asked them to pull EQ, but they said they don't work with EQ anymore since the breach. Bummer, although I'm pretty sure I would be declined anyway due to the IIB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, shifter said:

CLI request on NFCU on Friday from 35k->50k

 

Just logged in today and see it was approved to 50k. Don't even think they pulled a hard this time. 

I am happy about this.

No pull is great.

How long have you had the card.

just gathering some data.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  




  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,979
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    HERBERTH
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines