shifter's Rebuilding Thread

shifter

Well, that's disappointing. EX finally updated my last balance and the $2 trick increased my FICO 2 exactly zero points over multiple cards with balances and 24% total util.

I think it might be a case of bucketing. FICO 8 doesn't seem as sensitive to bucketing, but I remember from conversations with the old schoolers that sometimes it would take 2-3 months after paying down balances to get rebucketed into the 1% util bucket and see a score increase.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, shifter said:

Finally managed to get another CLI on my Citi Costco Visa. 12k -> 15k

Good news!

Say, Shifter I want you to know I appreciate you suggesting to me a long time ago to apply for a Chase cc. At the time I was not interested but I changed my mind and was approved yesterday. I am looking forward to using their travel portal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I think Citi is definitely desperate. They've been blowing me up with letters every other day with BT checks and alerts about Flex Pay. It makes sense as their stock is tanking - I lost 25% and just sold recently.

Now they gave me an auto-CLI on my DC after they just declined my request on 3/9 for "too many recently opened accounts".

$18k -> $23k

Edited by shifter

On 6/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, shifter said:

CLI day with NFCU for the wife.

Got another small boost $7.5k -> $11.5k.

That's two $4k increases in a row. At least things are finally moving forward after they kept her capped so low for the first 18 months.

Just noticed today that her CLI was increased to $12.5k. Not sure when that happened, but I think fairly recently. I think she requested a CLI since December, but I don't remember receiving any notifications and I didn't make a post here about it, which is what I do to keep track of these things.

• 2 weeks later...

The pinned thread is here. You really have to read through it all because stuff has changed over the years with what used to work and doesn't work anymore.

The TLDR that worked for me is:

• Ensure your new address is reporting as your current address on all current creditors
    • If you didn't move, get a PO Box or something and switch all your open accounts over to that
  • Dispute and remove all the old addresses, especially the one tied to the BK (on the phone or online is fine)
  • Dispute the BK (always in writing, by mail, CMRR)

2 hours ago, shifter said:

The pinned thread is here. You really have to read through it all because stuff has changed over the years with what used to work and doesn't work anymore.

The TLDR that worked for me is:

• Ensure your new address is reporting as your current address on all current creditors
    • If you didn't move, get a PO Box or something and switch all your open accounts over to that
  • Dispute and remove all the old addresses, especially the one tied to the BK (on the phone or online is fine)
  • Dispute the BK (always in writing, by mail, CMRR)

Thank you so much. I will read it thoroughly.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

A bit of a shocker today. Disco gave my wife a CLI.

$11.5k -> $15.5k

They haven't given either of us a dollar in years. In fact they wouldn't let me combine my cards because their policy requires that I be eligible for a CLI on both cards before I can combine and they decline me every CLI request.

Edited by shifter

8 hours ago, shifter said:

A bit of a shocker today. Disco gave my wife a CLI.

Thank you for posting this.  I had just given up on Discover CLIs but I read your post and thought, "Why not?"

$2,000 CLI for my Discover.  I will try my wife's tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, A Credit Ed said:

Thank you for posting this.  I had just given up on Discover CLIs but I read your post and thought, "Why not?"

$2,000 CLI for my Discover.  I will try my wife's tomorrow.

Well this one was unsolicited. Sadly my CLI requests today were quickly declined. 

13 hours ago, shifter said:

Well this one was unsolicited. Sadly my CLI requests today were quickly declined. 

I tried my wife's this morning and it was instantly denied - but they will send me a letter in 3-4 days 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Citi DC CLI for the wife: $18.5k -> $23.5k

They also gave her a 0% purchase interest promo through Jan on her Simplicity card that she barely uses. Have to wait 2 weeks to request a CLI there.

Edited by shifter

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 12:52 PM, shifter said:

Citi DC CLI for the wife: $18.5k -> $23.5k

1 hour ago, shifter said:

Small Citi Simplicity CLI for the wife: $10.5k -> $12.5k

I think Shifter took all the Citi CLIs for the day.  After seeing his two, I decided to give my wife's Citi Luv button a try.  We've had that card 18 months, over $25K of activity in that time, always pay in full and haven't asked for a CLI before.  Denied just now 😞