ddom90

Optima program through American Express

Recently, paid off balance of closed Amex account (closed by them) and was offered the optima card to rebuild relationship. Should I open to rebuild and if so ask for deletion of the original amex account ?

Recently, paid off balance of closed Amex account (closed by them) and was offered the optima card to rebuild relationship. Should I open to rebuild and if so ask for deletion of the original amex account ?

I would accept the Optima Card. They wont delete the old tradeline. They used too at one time but those days are gone.

Will they allow reopening of the closed account? You'd get to keep your original opening date.

If not, Optima is good.

If you want AMEX cards again take the optima. If not, dont take it.

Will they allow reopening of the closed account? You'd get to keep your original opening date.

If not, Optima is good.

I'm going to call the back door number and see if they'll remove the two lates on the account and re-open since they were late due to medical reasons. If not, I'll open the optima and keep trying to get those two lates figured out.

I just recieved my Optima card!  I had a $2,200 CO.  It took many calls to find the right department to offer the card, but eventually it all worked.  I doubt AMEX cares about what the reasoning is regarding a CO.  Mine was due to medical reasons as well...

Congratulations!

Glad it worked out for you.

10 hours ago, Kaijo said:

I just recieved my Optima card!  I had a $2,200 CO.  It took many calls to find the right department to offer the card, but eventually it all worked.  I doubt AMEX cares about what the reasoning is regarding a CO.  Mine was due to medical reasons as well...

Did you end up getting a phone number for that department, or the name of the department?  This may help others looking to get into the program.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 9:13 AM, CTSoxFan said:

Did you end up getting a phone number for that department, or the name of the department?  This may help others looking to get into the program.

The number I called that was able to successfully get me enrolled is :

1-877-443-0144

I believe this line belongs to Firstsource Advantage although they only identified themselves as American Express and refused to tell me what department I had called.  The gentleman I spoke with was xxxxxx. In contrast to what I was expecting, he was rather polite.

I simply told him that I had previously been offered an Optima card in exchange for a full payment, and that I would like to immediately take advantage of this opportunity.  I insisted that I receive a written offer before I provide any payment information.  After about 3 minutes and a brief discussion with his manager, Muffadal agreed to mail me an offer.  I recieved the 1 page offer roughly 2 weeks later.   I then called back, made a full payment, and then mailed the appropriate section of the offer form off (address listed in the header.). I recieved the card roughly 2 weeks after this account reported as paid to the CRA’s. The whole process took about 5 weeks.

Edited by CTSoxFan
removed name of rep

17 hours ago, Kaijo said:

The number I called that was able to successfully get me enrolled is :

1-877-443-0144

I believe this line belongs to Firstsource Advantage although they only identified themselves as American Express and refused to tell me what department I had called.  The gentleman I spoke with was xxxxxx. In contrast to what I was expecting, he was rather polite.

I simply told him that I had previously been offered an Optima card in exchange for a full payment, and that I would like to immediately take advantage of this opportunity.  I insisted that I receive a written offer before I provide any payment information.  After about 3 minutes and a brief discussion with his manager, Muffadal agreed to mail me an offer.  I recieved the 1 page offer roughly 2 weeks later.   I then called back, made a full payment, and then mailed the appropriate section of the offer form off (address listed in the header.). I recieved the card roughly 2 weeks after this account reported as paid to the CRA’s. The whole process took about 5 weeks.

Thanks for posting the info and story.  Note I removed the name of the rep and his extension so that he does not get inundated with calls, as tends to happen when good info gets posted on boards.  We don't want something good getting shut down.