Would I be able to get it deleted?

cjd9153

The last post in this topic was posted 1052 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received a settlement of $3175 on a $4350 account. I sent in the settlement. They received it, but instead of updating my credit reports to PIF, they updated the balance to $1447. They said it could take up to 45 days to update, and I believe it will update to a paid collection.

Today I received a letter in the mailing from them stating my balance is zero. Would I be able to send this letter in to the credit bureaus disputing the account, and have it deleted totally? Would it be okay to dispute this electronically since I have paperwork to prove the account is "wrong". Any input will help.

I was going answer but wasn't sure, also you shouldn't of sent the money in before getting written agreement that it would be deleted first

I know that is the general rule, but in this instance it was my AAFES Military Star Card. They aren't your typical credit card. They are a government entity, and you really can't fight them, unless you file bankruptcy. They will not do a pay for delete. If you don't pay, they take your tax check. If you reduce your taxes to where you are barely getting a return, then they garnish your paycheck. No way around it, what so ever.

So since they are reporting $14xx, and I have a letter from them saying I owe $0, should I dispute it? They said it should update within 45 days, but maybe if I dispute before then it will get deleted and stay deleted.

Edited by cjd9153

• 2 weeks later...

Do not send that letter to the credit bureaus because it will cement that negative to your reports and that letter would be the proof.

twotrouble, pls explain...how does the payoff letter "cement tne negative" on the CR??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

While going over my credit report yesterday I noticed a discrepancy with my AAFES/Military Star account.  The account was paid off through a garnishment in Feb 2017.  Then the account in question went into collections from October 2017-October 2019.  I have tried to email the AAFES collection department.  The person who email me back (Tanya) was a big help up until I sent AAFES a copy of my credit report showing this.  Then crickets from AAFES.  I have tried to dispute this in the past, I am trying my hardest to clean up my credit report so we can build a house.  I am going to call them today and see what and if they can help.

Edited by MarvBear

3 hours ago, rickert91 said:

While going over my credit report yesterday I noticed a discrepancy with my AAFES/Military Star account.  The account was paid off through a garnishment in Feb 2017.  Then the account in question went into collections from October 2017-October 2019.  I have tried to email the AAFES collection department.  The person who email me back (Tanya) was a big help up until I sent AAFES a copy of my credit report showing this.  Then crickets from AAFES.  I have tried to dispute this in the past, I am trying my hardest to clean up my credit report so we can build a house.  I am going to call them today and see what and if they can help.

Right now is likely NOT the time to expect a lot of meaningful assistance on a non-urgent issue.  Offices will be short-staffed and credit reporting is NOT going to be the priority.  It just isn't...

The last post in this topic was posted 1052 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.