Sign in to follow this  
FoxSamual

Removing Old Addresses & FKA From Experian

I believe (from USPS Informed Delivery) that I've finally got a paper copy of Experian sitting in my mailbox. I'm looking to remove several old addresses and my FKA (spouse's name, long since divorced) from my report.

With TransUnion and Equifax I just disputed the old addresses/name online, don't think they even asked for a reason, and they removed without issue. From what I've read Experian is a tougher nut to crack. In fact, I don't think they even give you a mechanism to dispute such things online.

Tips on the best strategy would be appreciated.

Regarding the addresses, I very specifically wish to remove three addresses:

1. The physical address I had when I filed BK.

2. The mailing address (Post Office Box) I had when I filed BK -- the goal for #1 and #2 being to eventually dispute the PR.

3. The address at an apartment complex I broke a lease with -- the goal being to have them out of my electronic life before I go apartment shopping.

Should I dispute just these three or all old addresses?

(#4. My ex's address -- the goal being not to have to think about them every single time I look at my credit report, lol)

Edited by FoxSamual

You can call or write EX to dispute addresess. My suggestion is to dispute all old addresses. EX will not remove any addresses attached to a currently reporting creditor.

My suggestion is to dispute all old addresses. EX will not remove any addresses attached to a currently reporting creditor.

With what sort of verbiage?

EX will not remove any addresses attached to a currently reporting creditor.

Yeah, about that.... one of the addresses is a Post Office Box I've legitimately never had. Come to find out, it belongs to the FCU with whom I reaffirmed my car loan during BK. Apparently their practice is to change all member addresses to the POB of their legal department when they file BK because that's the only way they can keep their computer system from breaking the bankruptcy stay when it generates late/collection notices. I've asked them to change it back to my real address now that the bankruptcy is over but they refuse to do so. I guess their system is still "mailing" me monthly notices on all the IIB accounts and they're afraid I'll sue them.

(Hopefully they're smart enough to fix that when the auto note is paid off in five months and they mail my lien release letter, lol.)

Doesn't bother me being stuck with this address, I'll eventually get rid of it, but it does make me wonder if I can safely dispute all old addresses or if I should stick to attacking the aforementioned three?

EX will not remove any addresses attached to a currently reporting creditor.

They're presently refusing to delete addresses and names attached to old TLs that haven't reported in nearly four years. :angry:

Trying to trick me into admitting those TLs are mine. I keep coming back and saying, "I am not [OLD NAME]. I sent you my driver's license."

Suspected it was a mistake to call them and this call validates that belief. On hold pending a supervisor. Debating just hanging up and doing a CMRRR dispute on this. Not sure how it went for all the folks reporting reps that dumped old addresses no questions asked but that's not happening here. :unsure:

This is my current draft:

[CURRENT ADDRESS]

August 24rd, 2017

Experian
PO Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regards to numerous errors contained on a copy of my credit report that was recently sent to me. That report number is XXXX-XXXX-XX and my identifying/demographic information is:

Name: [MY NAME]
Address: [CURRENT ADDRESS]
Old Address: [OLD ADDRESS NOT IN DISPUTE]
SSN: XXX-XX-XXXX
DOB: XX-XX-XXXX

There are multiple names on my credit report that are not mine. The name [FKA] is not me and additionally shows up as [VARIATION] and [VARIATION] The ID numbers for these names are XXXXX, XXXXX, and XXXXX. Please delete these names immediately to ensure the accuracy of my credit file.

Additionally, it appears that my father’s name appears on my report in error. I am [MY NAME WITH SUFFIX] not [MY NAME WITHOUT SUFFIX]. Name ID XXXXX should be deleted so that his credit file does not cross with mine.

All three phone numbers on the report are incorrect and should be deleted.

The following addresses (identification #) are incorrect and should be deleted:

List of addresses (Experian IDs)

I have enclosed a copy of my Louisiana Driver’s License, which proves my identity, as well as a utility bill for additional verification of my current address. Please send an updated copy of my report to that address after you have deleted this inaccurate information from my file.

Many thanks in advance for your efforts on my behalf.

Sincerely yours,

[MY NAME]

I just called Experian last week with my report number to delete old addresses. I asked them to check first to see which were connected to old addresses.

I would have preferred to get them to delete all old ones, of course, but at least now I know which addresses remain which will need special attention.

Well, the salamander phone rep apparently filed disputes on two of my IIB TLs (Chase and Barclays), which I presume were connected to the FKA and addresses I'm trying to purge. Did not ask him to do that. I guess we'll see if they verify before doing anything else. I doubt it will be that easy to get rid of OC IIB TLs and it was not my intent to even try, they would age off on their own before I next need to do apps.

FWIW I have successfully purged a number of addresses off of Experian, FWIW, and some name variations, but I'm stuck with an address connected to my BK as well as one of the FKA name variations.

Edited by FoxSamual