Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Use Alexa from an Android phone

Cool, huh? Now I need to find instructions I can follow to get flash to work right on my C-books. Sheesh, it's been working perfectly, then the other night I go to watch a tv show on Cox and it doesn't work. I found instructions for changing my settings but I think I did it wrong. :( I have to use the windoze nb now, which works great unless it decides to do something else first.

The same thing happened to me a few days ago (on C-book). IIRC, a message slid out (on C-book, not the web page) and asked me if I wanted to activate/turn on the plug-in. I said yes and it's been working fine since.

I didn't get that message. AFAIK Flash is activate on mine, at least the switch is in the on position. Then I went to another section where you can add sites that you allow to fun flash, and I entered what I thought was right - the URL - I added "watchtv.cox.com" but apparently that wasn't the right thing. I know someone I can get to do it for me, just have to catch him when we're both online at the same time. He's set up a bunch of stuff for me. I got the instructions from guys on the Chromebook forums, so maybe it was garbled. Or with my luck, I had a typo. :D

Where is the switch?

I don't see one on mine.

ETA - I've never downloaded/installed anything Flash related, so I'm assuming I'm using a built-in Flash only.

Edited by Kat58

Advanced, content, flash - expand - there is a list - first thing on the list "allow sites to run flash" - one of those slider thingies. off and on, I have it turned on.

further down, there is a section "flash settings" - then block and allow, so I listed watchtv.cox.com in the "allow" section - but it seems pointless when I have "allow sites to run flash" enabled. Right?

Oh, yeah, we can't install flash or update - google does all that.

Android 8 is on the way. Oreo.

Advanced, content, flash - expand - there is a list - first thing on the list "allow sites to run flash" - one of those slider thingies. off and on, I have it turned on.

further down, there is a section "flash settings" - then block and allow, so I listed watchtv.cox.com in the "allow" section - but it seems pointless when I have "allow sites to run flash" enabled. Right?

Ok... I see it now.

I'm using the default Flash settings (obviously) since I've never seen them and not messing with them since mine is working :D

:offtopic: Just finished watching 'you know who' 'you know where' and I'm now watching CNN :rofl:

The "switch" - turned on - is the default. Mine is on too, but apparently I need an update or something. I dunno. I'll get my friend to look at it, he knows.

Have you tried InCognito mode? That works for me sometimes. But we are on different CBooks. I have the Toshiba Chromebook 2. Twas pretty much the best CBook on the market when I bought it other than that one $1,200 one.

Funny, now they're pretty inexpensive. This is an ACER, I've also owned a Samsung. All 3 of mine are ACERs they all have this problem with some of the flash videos. I got my MS notebook hooked up - it is great for the TV. Larger screen, and seems to handle the memory better. The C-books will start skipping after a long time, out of sync then it catches up, the windows NB is smooth as silk. Can't believe I'm praising windoze. :D I should stay it's smooth after it finishes with whatever it's updating. After I closed the browser this last time, it popped up that thing where I'm supposed to update my privacy settings so it can install some other thing that I don't care about. grrrrr. The big box wouldn't go away so I just closed the top. There. Leave me alone, MS. :P