Sign in to follow this  
groze

foreclosure, homeless and estate issues

Groze, maybe you already know this but, SSDI is not transferable and would stop if you move outside the USA.

Incorrect, That is SSI not SSDI. If I was on SSI I would have no choice but to chose a nursing or another type of home. SSDI is the same as Social Security retirement. I get the benefit off of my parent. A lot of people think you can't get Social Security Disability Insurance or Social Security retirement if you move out of the U.S. that is not true. A lot of people live on Social Security(SS) outside of the U.S the only thing that is dropped from SS/SSDI is Medicare part B. Medicare Part A is still somewhat covered provided you retain your U.S. citizen status. On my SSDI, My payment is lower then a normal disabled person would get-However, it is higher then the SSI standard benefit.

Edited by groze

Groze, maybe you already know this but, SSDI is not transferable and would stop if you move outside the USA.

Incorrect, That is SSI not SSDI. If I was on SSI I would have no choice but to chose a nursing or another type of home. SSDI is the same as Social Security retirement. I get the benefit off of my parent. A lot of people think you can't get Social Security Disability Insurance or Social Security retirement if you move out of the U.S. that is not true. A lot of people live on Social Security(SS) outside of the U.S the only thing that is dropped from SS/SSDI is Medicare part B. Medicare Part A is still somewhat covered provided you retain your U.S. citizen status. On my SSDI, My payment is lower then a normal disabled person would get-However, it is higher then the SSI standard benefit.

+1

The above is accurate. SSDI can be taken outside the US. SSI can't.

Update. Got rid of most of moms & a lot of my stuff that I don't need. There is an 80% chance that I am going to get an apartment sooner then expected at a good rate. I hope it comes through. I will be moving in the next 2 months if that is the case. The reason I got rid of a lot of stuff is so that I will have room for my stuff and a couple of memorable items from my mother, grandfather and grandmother.. I don't think a landlord would like a packed apartment. This rest of the items will be donated or sold at a moving or rummage sale. Which will be very small because I don't have much left-I may put the items with a friends rummage sale. All my money is in the bank, which is from Social Security.

Edited by groze