Sign in to follow this  
Kat58

These are the Chromebooks that can run Android apps from Google Play

Yep, I do. I haven't gone app shopping lately. Have to see if there are any goodies I want. Have you tried MightyText? I can do SMS messaging from the C-book. :D

More.... So, the TV transmission on NBCSP is messed up, so I logged into my cox account to watch the race qualifying online and it can't connect - on any of my c-books. It says flash version is not compatible. I was watching it yesterday, no prob. so I followed cox links through a bunch of different things to see if it would do anything, followed the link to download the latest flash version, and it told me c-books update flash automatically (I know that), and that I have the latest version of flash. I'm thinking it's not on my end. I have 3 c-books and none of them can connect to contour.

So I got it on my phone, and listened while I unhooked my thinkbook and brought it over to the couch (I nest there). Now, the thinkpad has been ON for days and days. So it decided to update when I started streaming the qualifying. Restarting, asking me to update my privacy settings blahblahblah. I'm using my chrome browser, logged into my cox account, chrome has not loaded, but it is streaming the sound, while my hard drive spins spins spins. sigh. I love tech, I really really do.

I know y'all will think "That dumb blonde breeze can't even stream stuff without screwing it up." :rofl:

Update: I was starting to restart the thinkpad to see if I could get the browser to load, and boom, it did! Yayyyyyyy!! Now I'll see if it's going to cut restart again. :lol: Aha! I was behind the blue windows stuff.

It's Bristol baby!!

What are you watching? Kyle Busch just won the first stage. :D

*Admin Removes Vulgarity* Kyle Busch!!!

And my Brett Bodine reference was apparently lost in you - he's the pace car driver.

Ooooh yeah it was lost - I missed that. I thought you were watching a recording of a truck race or something. :D Kyle won the race. There are some really good new drivers coming along. Impressive.

Yep, I do. I haven't gone app shopping lately. Have to see if there are any goodies I want. Have you tried MightyText? I can do SMS messaging from the C-book. :D

Ever try Google Hangouts? I use that. I have a Google Voice phone number attached to Google Hangouts and the Google Hangouts extension installed on my chromebook in Chrome browser. When I get a call on my cellphone, my computer and my phone rings. I also can text from my chromebook as though the message came from my cellphone.

I also have an Obihai connected to Google Voice at my home so I have a landline with the same number as my cellphone.

It's nice to not have to check several different texting accounts for messages. I have an 'all in one deal' type of setup.

Yes, I use google hangouts, it syncs with mighty text. I have a google voice account but I haven't used it in a long time. I let it disconnect from my phone, and use it and another number as voice mail when I don't want to give out my cell number. Somehow my cell number got out tho. :angry:

I love that I can text using a real physical keyboard. It is sooo much easier than that touchpad/touchscreen garbage.

Certain 'smarter than the average bear' type people can tell when I'm on my computer because I reply with full sentences in under 5 seconds.

I know!! It's so much easier and faster. I also get notifications from my phone, like who's calling, etc - anything I get on my phone, and it tells me the battery level, if I'm charging it, it tells me when it's done.

Yes, I use google hangouts, it syncs with mighty text. I have a google voice account but I haven't used it in a long time. I let it disconnect from my phone, and use it and another number as voice mail when I don't want to give out my cell number. Somehow my cell number got out tho. :angry:

You use Google Hangouts with SMS and cell number?

With Mighty Text. I forget whether I can SMS with just google hangouts. I do have a Pixel XL phone if that makes any difference.

Next time I use it, I'll pay attention and see. I know I don't see a dialer.

Yup. Basically my computer, landline, and cellphone are all one in the same. Currently it's all free, since I don't have cell service, I just need wifi to function properly.

I think DD is asking about using it with cell service.

Then I am not sure what the question is.

Can I send SMS texts from my C-book over my cell network using google hangouts. Think about it.

Yup. Basically my computer, landline, and cellphone are all one in the same. Currently it's all free, since I don't have cell service, I just need wifi to function properly.

A cell phone without cell service.

And you're using Google Hangouts with a landline number.

Dude, I know you're full of it.

Can I send SMS texts from my C-book over my cell network using google hangouts. Think about it.

Hahaha OK.

I vote DollarDogs avatar, or whatever it's called, to be...

The Interrogator

:D

Hahaha OK.

A U of I student. Potential Apple intern.

And you can't do a simple search.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/23/15045086/google-hangouts-sms-messaging-removed

Keep trying, dude.

LOL Thanks for your input!

I'm sorry that you seem to think I am trolling. That is hardly the case!

I just sent about 50 SMS messages today from my CBook and from my cellphone via Google Hangouts.