Sign in to follow this  
breeze

crazy Chromebook stuff

I have never been able to drag 'n drop using my touchpad. I've tried all different ways. However, when I do not want to drag 'n drop using my touchpad, it does it. Allow the cursor to rest on something - anythig - then try to move the cursor across the page, there goes whatever the cursor was resting on (sorry about the grammar). I've tried to reproduce this, so I can drag 'n drop, but no! It refuses! :angry:

Works fine for me. Maybe you need a new chromebook ;)

lI8CkrG.jpg

Edited by Kat58

It's not old. :D It's my R11 and I love it. I just think this is soooooooo strange. I actually have a C3 and a C720.

Can you not drag and drop on all 3, or just the R11?

Edited by Kat58

I don't recall if I have this issue on the C720P. I'll see next time I use it. I rarely need it but I was going to use it to move some files to my google drive - that's when I realized I couldn't get it to work. It was recently. For most stuff, the Chromebook has keyboard shortcuts. I really don't use the C3 much - it's a backup. Not a touch screen. Oh, reminds me, I've tried to drag with the touch screen. Nope.

Are you grabbing multiple files at once, or a single file? Have you experimented dragging and dropping an image only? Is it not working at all or just Google Drive?

Are you grabbing multiple files at once, or a single file? Have you experimented dragging and dropping an image only? Is it not working at all or just Google Drive?

Tried single file and tried folder, tried images. None of them work, unless I am not trying. :lol: These are files stored on the machine, trying to move them to google drive. I don't see how the destination would have any effect, it doesn't grab them at all.

Do a power wash, and see if works then.

That's a thought! I haven't tried this. Thanks.

Does your mouse touchpad hace buttons that 'click', or is it just a plain ole touchpad that doesn't move or click or anythign like that?

Just the touch pad. It's also a touch screen - the only one that isn't a touch screen is the CB3. There are also keypad shortcuts for a lot of the things you would ordinarily use the touch pad for. Like to highlight, click the beginning of whatever you want to highlight, then click the end, then hold the shift key down and click the beginning again. Works in some situations when you don't have the cursor to move to highlight, like in some publications. Lots of places where it's impossible to highlight the usual way.

Bob's busy. Good busy, I think. ;)

Anyway, back on topic. This C-book has magnets in it!! In the front corners. I was cooking, had a small pan in my hand, and suddenly it moved - all by itself. It jerked down, and when I pulled it up, I realized there was a magnet there. Checked the other side, and sure enough, it had a magnet in it too! Looks like the speakers are located there. Speakers have magnets, right? Stuff is so interesting. I don't know why it all bored me when I was in school and could have learned about anything I wanted.