FoxSamual

Sagestream Hard Pulled Innovis Through Security Freeze?

Applied for a Verizon landline back in 2015 and got told to FOAD, we want a $400 deposit. Figured that was because my reports were all frozen and they couldn't pull but now I'm reviewing Innovis and I see a hard pull for "Sagestream, LLC/Verizon." Innovis has been frozen for as long as I can remember and shows as such on my copy of their report.

How did Sagestream pull the report through a security freeze, with a hard pull no less? What can I do to close this avenue off in the future? I've already requested a security freeze on Sagestream as part of my ongoing clean up.

Applied for a Verizon landline back in 2015 and got told to FOAD, we want a $400 deposit. Figured that was because my reports were all frozen and they couldn't pull but now I'm reviewing Innovis and I see a hard pull for "Sagestream, LLC/Verizon." Innovis has been frozen for as long as I can remember and shows as such on my copy of their report.

How did Sagestream pull the report through a security freeze, with a hard pull no less? What can I do to close this avenue off in the future? I've already requested a security freeze on Sagestream as part of my ongoing clean up.

Freezing does not apply to creditors/CAs that have an account as they are reviewing reports for that account. Only works to keep companies off that don't have an existing account. It can stop OCs from pulling for new applications but not for reviewing existing accounts.

Edited by cashnocredit

Freezing does not apply to creditors/CAs that have an account as they are reviewing reports for that account. Only works to keep companies off that don't have an existing account. It can stop OCs from pulling for new applications but not for reviewing existing accounts.

if the OP did not have a verizon account there may be a violation assuming she or he has proof IDS was frozen prior to the pull and that PP was not given. I would be curious what the letter from verizon said regarding why the OP did not get the best credit terms. it should disclose who.what.where.when was pulled. if not, another violation.

of course in the big picture inquiries don't matter, inquiries over 12 months old don't matter, and inquiries on IDS don't matter. moreover, IIRC the FCRA statutory penalty for non-PP has a 12 months clock so the OP may be chocolate out of luck

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to file a non-PP lawsuit or anything of the sort, but rather to find out how they pulled a frozen report and what if anything can be done to stop that from happening in the future. My reports are frozen to impede potential identity theft; if would-be creditors can pull them anyway what's the point of paying for the security freeze process? :(

Edited by FoxSamual

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to file a non-PP lawsuit or anything of the sort, but rather to find out how they pulled a frozen report and what if anything can be done to stop that from happening in the future. My reports are frozen to impede potential identity theft; if would-be creditors can pull them anyway what's the point of paying for the security freeze process? :(

Maybe they screwed up and it wasn't done as a freeze but an opt-out. An opt out wouldn't stop the INQ. Call and ask.

My file shows both an opt out (with date in 2012) and a freeze (date in 2010.)

I have never requested a temporary unfreeze with Innovis nor shared the PIN with anyone.

I will ask them, as I'll have an excuse to call them in the next few weeks, after they process the name/address dispute I'm mailing out tomorrow. Just thought that I'd arm myself with knowledge from the CB brain trust before that phone call happens.

Do you have a lot of free time? if so, go ahead and call.

I am curious to hear what they say.

Think about what you will say to raise the issue. good luck

I'm trying to get my married name/FKA off the report; had to do that dispute by mail since they wanted DL. I figure I'll call them for some miscellaneous cleanup after that's completed. If the old threads here are any indication they're very easy to deal with on the phone?

Figure I'll ask the question about this pull at the same time.

My hunch is freezing Sagestream will close this "hole" for the future and I've already requested that for other reasons.

Stay tuned, will update this thread in a few weeks.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:53 AM, hegemony said:

Do you have a lot of free time? if so, go ahead and call.

I am curious to hear what they say.

Think about what you will say to raise the issue. good luck

This just happened to a friend of mine.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?/topic/617390-is-innovis-trying-to-pull-a-fast-one/&tab=comments#comment-5766872