FICO is making up and reporting false negative information. HELP!

The last post in this topic was posted 1525 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

When I last posted, the OP had ordered his paper TU report and was apparently still awaiting them. As I said then, I think he has identified a clear issue and that it is likely some detail related to the way an account was reported post bk. It's messing with his FICO score, effectively freezing it at the level it was just post bk. But until he gets actual reports directly from the CRAs it' all just guesswork. Without them, he will have a hard time identifying the specific issue causing the drop and is just going around in circles.

It may turn out the problem can't be corrected via some report correction. It may also turn out to be some intrinsic anomaly in the FICO score algorithm. If the latter there is better chance hell will freeze over than Fair Isaac will admit anything is incorrect about their score algos.

I've been following the thread to see what light, if any, will be shed by those paper reports

Soooo....

MAJOR SUCCESS!!! END RESULT AFTER 5 WEEKS EFFORT- TU FICO 8 RAISED FROM 617 TO 714 FOR A 97 POINT INCREASE!

It turns out my theory of TU FICO 8 overriding the paid as agreed payment history due to comments in the remarks section was 100% correct.

I may be missing the obvious here, but what changed on your TU report to cause the score increase?

It should have been obvious. If it wasn't for 4-5 pages filled with the "opposite of the help" given in my seemingly innocent request for the community to help me work through my fairly unique credit issue, it would have been clear as day.

Comments only in the remark section of my TU mortgage tradeline erroneously triggered the TU FICO model to override the "as agreed" pay history being reported within the same tradeline. TU FICO model proceeded to score me as if I was late one month ago. TU FICO model kept listing, as one of the negative factors, a late one month ago each month due to my account being an open account reporting monthly. I proceeded a lengthy process to get the comment removed. Once the comment was removed, my score immediately shot up 97 points.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are confused.   First of all, you are crying over a FICO score that virtually no lender uses in deciding whether or not to approve your application. Contrary to popular belief, virtually no len

FICO scores, even the same model and vintage, are created differently at each CRA based on the particular database structure as well as content. Its algorithm is tuned only on the data at that CRA, no

Marv, you REALLY are patient.   This whole thing is a repeat of DigDeep's previous thread about how an Alliant secured loan is viewed unfavorably by underwriters. Not the topic, mind you, but the

I proceeded a lengthy process to get the comment removed. Once the comment was removed, my score immediately shot up 97 points.

To help others in the future, can you briefly list the steps you took that were effective in getting the comment removed?

CONGRATS OP!! I had a similar "phantom late" with TU that no one was helpful because no one understood and everyone just assumed I was being dinged for something.

Took MONTHS (it first popped up in February and resolved late August) and MANY calls to TU executive office and it finally got fixed! Went from 636 to 710. Initially I thought it was a FICO issue too but they couldn't help. So glad you got it resolved.

CONGRATS OP!! I had a similar "phantom late" with TU that no one was helpful because no one understood and everyone just assumed I was being dinged for something.

Took MONTHS (it first popped up in February and resolved late August) and MANY calls to TU executive office and it finally got fixed! Went from 636 to 710. Initially I thought it was a FICO issue too but they couldn't help. So glad you got it resolved.

arrrgh! everyone is ignoring the fact that under the "factors" for my score is a 'recent late 0 months ago'. While everything else shows my most recent late is over 2.5 years ago.

I don't know why this is hard for folks to grasp. But probably why it's impossible for the CRA to understand what I am telling them.

Wow, I just laughed pretty hard reading this comment in your thread about this problem. I certainly know what you were feeling. At least everyone was civil in your thread :)

I also noticed in your thread that Cashnocredit posted the most relevant information. :good:

What should I look at to correct mine? (Sorry, there are a lot of posts in this thread that has nothing to do with the issue, making it hard to follow).

Ok, so there are 3 stages to this problem.

1. Realize - Determine something is not right. I posted many correlations as to why my TU FICO was not being scored properly.

2. Identify - Determine what specifically is not right.

3. Fix - Take proper actions to rectify the problem.

You have realized that something is not right. Now we need to Identify what is causing the problem. Do you have recent paper reports, especially from your problem bureau? EX is your problem bureau right?

For me, every month on Experian, it says I was recently late 2 months ago (which is wrong). This stated in April of this year. FICO says it’s experian and vice versa. Experian also says dispute inaccurate info, but there is no account to dispute because nothing is late. Just every month in comments, month recent late 2 months.

Yes I have a report after this occurred but not one before it occurred.

Ok, so you have a report mailed to you directly from EX, right? A paper report mailed directly from EX is crucial, that is why I am verifying this.

1. Have you filed a BK?

2. How many open tradelines do you have?

3. Do you have anything in the comment section of your open tradelines? If so, what do they say?

The last post in this topic was posted 1525 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.