Upgrades tonight. ×

Sign in to follow this  
Innocent_Kiss

Comenity/Carsons 30 day Strategy

To get to the point, I was diagnosed with a condition several months back that has made it difficult to keep up with everyday life like paying bills, keeping appointments, etc. BEFORE I was late, I called up Carsons (A BonTon store) and told them my situation. I was transferred to a department that dealt specifically with financial hardships and then was put on a payment plan. This happened in April. The rep asked me if I'd like the payments automatically withdrawn, but with the financial uncertainty I said no to prevent overdrafts to my checking account. The rep said ok, but I would have to call back in May and June to make payments. Everything was fine. In May, the payment hit my account. It definitely threw off my budget for that week but I was grateful they went ahead and took out the payment so that I can stay on track. I figured they'd do the same for June. Maybe the rep made a mistake and set me up for automatic payments anyway, was my thought. Nope, they didn't take the payment in June and a 30 day late hit my account. Yes, I could have called in June but between feeling ill and several doctor's appointments it got lost in the shuffle.

I know I have to dispute with CRA's before going to OC and so I fired off those letters last week. As for strategy, I was thinking:

CRA Dispute

If verified, go to OC

if nothing, BBB complaint

Any feed back?

assuming the account is still open and now in good standing, a good will letter may be in order instead of a dispute. explain to them exactly what you've gone through in detail.