Sign in to follow this  
Cherylbelinda

I'm calling behind and I want to get up

Hi everyone a couple of years ago I joined this for forum and it's been a godsend to me. My first question was about getting a mortgage approved with bad credit and I got my mortgage.

I've been in my house a year now. I screwed up by doing the shopping cart trick and wound up with a bunch of Comenity cards.

For two years I've held everything together until last year when I went into the hospital with trouble breathing and come to find out I had bilateral pulmonary embolism. Blood clots in both of my lungs. Doctor say they usually don't find out that the clots are there until they do the autopsy so God really blessed me on that.

Well right now I was having problems making my mortgage payments I never was late by 30 days but I wound up paying my mortgage on the last day of every month. While that was going on I submitted paperwork for a loan modification and the modification starts August 1st.

I miss my June payment and I missed my July payment. Additionally when I bought this house I also became the owner of the two lots next to it and did not know that they belong to me until I got hit with a big property tax bill for those lots and it took me off balance for everything I needed to do for this month.

I paid the property tax, I paid my utilities, and I paid a few credit cards. I had to let the other bills get behind and now I just feel bad the anxiety is just making me sick to my stomach. With the new mortgage I can make it. My mortgage has been reduced by $200 and that helps a great deal. The modification is for August, September and October and beginning November the 1st it will be final.

I would just like to ask you guys what do you think I should do? just do the best that I can as far as the other bills go? the only one that's reported me to delinquent is the mortgage company but I was told that would be expected during the modification process.

As far as my other accounts, I'm not 30 days behind I'm only late at this point. I guess I just need some encouragement to tell me that I can get out of this and everything will be all right. I'm going to work my hardest to overcome this now I just need some information and encouragement to get back on my feet. God bless any of you who have some positive responses for me thank you.

Hi Cheryl, been there done that! I guess my first question is go you have a really strong budget? Do you know how much you spend on everything every month? I mean food, gas etc. Knowledge is power and I think that is one if not the biggest key to getting finances under control and having a plan and knowing what you need to do. There are some good tools out there like YNAB that help with this, it's about $50 a year. Also free ones.

I don't know how someone can buy extra lots and not know it :-), but could you sell one of those to get extra cash?

Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone a couple of years ago I joined this for forum and it's been a godsend to me. My first question was about getting a mortgage approved with bad credit and I got my mortgage.

I've been in my house a year now. I screwed up by doing the shopping cart trick and wound up with a bunch of Comenity cards.

For two years I've held everything together until last year when I went into the hospital with trouble breathing and come to find out I had bilateral pulmonary embolism. Blood clots in both of my lungs. Doctor say they usually don't find out that the clots are there until they do the autopsy so God really blessed me on that.

Well right now I was having problems making my mortgage payments I never was late by 30 days but I wound up paying my mortgage on the last day of every month. While that was going on I submitted paperwork for a loan modification and the modification starts August 1st.

I miss my June payment and I missed my July payment. Additionally when I bought this house I also became the owner of the two lots next to it and did not know that they belong to me until I got hit with a big property tax bill for those lots and it took me off balance for everything I needed to do for this month.

I paid the property tax, I paid my utilities, and I paid a few credit cards. I had to let the other bills get behind and now I just feel bad the anxiety is just making me sick to my stomach. With the new mortgage I can make it. My mortgage has been reduced by $200 and that helps a great deal. The modification is for August, September and October and beginning November the 1st it will be final.

I would just like to ask you guys what do you think I should do? just do the best that I can as far as the other bills go? the only one that's reported me to delinquent is the mortgage company but I was told that would be expected during the modification process.

As far as my other accounts, I'm not 30 days behind I'm only late at this point. I guess I just need some encouragement to tell me that I can get out of this and everything will be all right. I'm going to work my hardest to overcome this now I just need some information and encouragement to get back on my feet. God bless any of you who have some positive responses for me thank you.

You CAN do it! I've been there, and coming out the other side myself (I hope). Work on a budget that's less than what you make each month. For the moment, get rid of Internet (unless you need it for your job), cable tv, eating out, anything that's a luxury. If you're already doing these two things, and still floundering, prioritize. Pay what you can. You need a roof over your head, food, and probably a car to get to work. Focus on those 3. What you have left over, pay towards your utilities. If you have any left over, pay towards the rest of your bills. Try to get the balance on the commenity cards down to 0, then SD them. These are the steps I had to take when my life got turned upside down. I'm on better footing now, than I was before my stuff happened. It sounds like you're already on the right course. Just keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most loan modifications require you to make several trial payments. That should be your #1 priority because if you miss those payments the bank will cancel the deal.

Can you list off you credit card balances, limits, and interest rates? Maybe there is room to reduce those bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey y'all,

it is with great regret, tears and anger that i come to you all again for advice.

i was approved for the loan modification. mortgage went from 900 to 700. made first payment aug 1. two more to go,

now, remember the lots i told yall about? well when i bought the house the realtor told me that the place came with two lots *(really just a bunch of bushes). i assumed that was all included in my property taxes. well it wasn't and the investors who owned the house had done a quit claim of the property to me, but they did not change it to my name so i got no tax notices or anything. i guess the tax office came after them and then everything was turned over to me. the tax office did find fault with them for not changing the name and turning the paperwork over to me.

now. i have managed to get late on four accounts and its like i have stolen a child. i have never been late and never skipped a payment. all of a sudden i get calls all day from spoofed numbers (synchrony bank cards) i talk, chat and make arrangements all day and still they keep calling.)

i have been struggling to make the payments on those cards every month even going into overdraft to pay them. i'm tired of the hustle.

tempted to file chapter 7. any thoughts or comments?

one more issue

i signed up for the credit protection debt cancellation program from them and filed a claim for my second bout of blood clots and they denied the claim even with information from the doctor and everything.

i know, i know. i am a real goof ball.

hey y'all,

it is with great regret, tears and anger that i come to you all again for advice.

i was approved for the loan modification. mortgage went from 900 to 700. made first payment aug 1. two more to go,

now, remember the lots i told yall about? well when i bought the house the realtor told me that the place came with two lots *(really just a bunch of bushes). i assumed that was all included in my property taxes. well it wasn't and the investors who owned the house had done a quit claim of the property to me, but they did not change it to my name so i got no tax notices or anything. i guess the tax office came after them and then everything was turned over to me. the tax office did find fault with them for not changing the name and turning the paperwork over to me.

now. i have managed to get late on four accounts and its like i have stolen a child. i have never been late and never skipped a payment. all of a sudden i get calls all day from spoofed numbers (synchrony bank cards) i talk, chat and make arrangements all day and still they keep calling.)

i have been struggling to make the payments on those cards every month even going into overdraft to pay them. i'm tired of the hustle.

tempted to file chapter 7. any thoughts or comments?

one more issue

i signed up for the credit protection debt cancellation program from them and filed a claim for my second bout of blood clots and they denied the claim even with information from the doctor and everything.

i know, i know. i am a real goof ball.

When the title company closed your purchase transaction they should have filed the necessary documents at the courthouse to transfer ownership of the lots and the house to you, if they were included in the purchase agreement.

They didn't then. It's all done now. I got big packet weeks ago about the lovely bushes and trees that I have to pay tax on and maintain so my subdivision and code enforcement will smile upon me.

They didn't then. It's all done now. I got big packet weeks ago about the lovely bushes and trees that I have to pay tax on and maintain so my subdivision and code enforcement will smile upon me.

Something isn't adding up. I think you are making some assumptions about how some of this happened.