Zanshiro

AnnaSunshine's Credit Repair Thread

Hi,

Just signed up recently after finding the boards through good ol' Google. I'll go find the introduction areas and do my profile style setup in a bit, but my original purpose for coming here is helping my roommate with some credit issues in her rebuilding process. The information I've read here has been immensely enlightening thus far, and I hope to continue to learn and help people with the knowledge. It inspires me to look into seeing about getting perhaps some CLIs for myself also. But I'll make a new topic when I go about that and read up on recommended ways.

So for brief starters, her credit scores are (Per Credit Karma) a 427 on TU, and 454 on EQ. Main derogs are Dept of Ed/Navient with student loans, which she said at one point were reporting deferrals, but somewhere, only the last semester was deferring, the rest started reporting independently. I haven't found anything about those here or how they should be dealt with if there's a way at all? There are several medical issues on her reports as well, which I'm working with her currently to triage. Filed her opt-outs online on June 27th, 2017, so giving that a couple weeks to take before trying to get a lot of wrong and old addresses removed from the CRAs also.

One of her reports (EXP) we had to mail off to receive as they couldn't identify her online. As said, we're at the point of waiting the couple weeks for the "Opt-Out" to take. I've bookmarked WhyChat's HIPPA section in case we have to resolve those that way. Some of the medical bills she thinks are legitimate and some she doesn't recognize at all. So any advice on paths to proceed after the unrecognized and illegitimate address removed, or in general is welcomed.

Thank you all for such a wonderful forum, and in advance for any aid!

Regards,

Zan

Welcome to CB. Have your roommate join the board also. Nothing more empowering than accomplishing on your own.

Welcome to CB!

You want to request all 3 reports via mail directly from the CRAs. These are your only true credit reports. Using free annual reports also gives the CRAs 45 days to complete disputes instead of 30.

Ignore FAKOs from places like CK. They can be off by 100+ points in either direction.

Once you have all 3 real reports, please update here and we can give you some specific advice.

I'll see if I can poke her to do so, but at this point, she does want help with it, such my initial request. I'm aiming to learn a lot about my own score, though I don't see the general area with profiles. Thanks for the welcome, MB, hopefully she'll join us eventually!

Interesting, I apologize, as I didn't see that originally, mendelssohn. Is there a recommended place to order them all at once online, that does get the "True" credit reports? Odd that the one the government gives us free isn't accurate...or maybe not so odd upon further review, hah. <_<

There's not much to do if she isn't willing to put in minimal effort.

Edited by mendelssohn

I'll see if I can poke her to do so, but at this point, she does want help with it, such my initial request. I'm aiming to learn a lot about my own score, though I don't see the general area with profiles. Thanks for the welcome, MB, hopefully she'll join us eventually!

She clearly doesn't care, so don't waste your time. Anything we can do for you?

She's very agoraphobic...such my asking on her behalf, she's doing all the letter writing and things, just doesn't like people interactions. She's willing to do what's needed, though.

If you wanted to focus on mine for now, I just have one that's a not-pristine, though I don't have the "True" credit bureaus either, so that would be Step A for me; I've always just kept an eye on mine through the FACR site and used that for any relevant disputes. I do have a WF card and BOA that give me the free FICO through them, and it's showing 760 currently When I was traveling overseas at one point, there was a glitch with Chase online's auto-pay on my mortgage that caused me to be late, and I did a double payment upon getting back in the US and realizing that it was late. I had talked to Chase about it a few years ago and disputed it, but I think the "Goodwill letter" hopefully will do the trick. It was open many years without any issues/late payments besides that one, but they recently sold off the loan to Carrington MS, so they have no 'skin in the game' so to speak.

My current goal is just lowering my utilization, it's around 40% now and has been going down steadily, around 10% per month, assuming I'm doing decently with commissions for the month (Disclaimer, I work in sales, so I tend to budget out in advance for the year, anticipating slower months Oct-Jan). I guess my main focus would be to increase my CLs, to where making a decent-sized purchase doesn't ding the scores, though I might learn many other things to do along the path!

(Big thank you to PsychDoc also, that was a lot of churning through in the transcripts and great reads by many...I probably should just make a thank you thread to cover everyone, but his is my active focus!)

Also, Happy Fourth of July, I'm headed out to eat with the fam, so I'll be back later tonight!

Edited by Zanshiro

https://www.transunion.com/ppc-credit-report-495-free-- This is the one I was looking at possibly picking up based off the recommendations, versus the free annual reports. I am (boldly) assuming that would give me the three "real" bureau reports and scores that are being requested.

I haven't had adverse actions or whatnot, so is mailing them still effective if not? On a side note, I'll create a thread for me with a stronger writeup, cards, ages, limits, etc and see where to go from there.

Edited by Zanshiro

Her reports were ordered by phone on the night of 7/6/2017, and rollover into 7/7/2017, so the auto phone recording lady said from 5-10 business days. Should be right in line with the opt-out timing to be fully 'taken' so we can triage and delete lots of bad addresses all at the same time. Will update more when they arrive.

So updating here, and hello as well. I am said roommate, and yes, I do seek help, such I am trying to get things back in order for my kids' sakes primarily. It is overwhelming, so please bear with me as I don't have much experience with things like this. I am disabled, currently having a SSDI case in process, but it is not labeled 'complete and permanent' that the student loans were written off. The others were medical lines, some of which I recall, some of which I have no idea what they are. I did get my credit reports from the big three in the mail, and I can post the updates in a bit after lunch. Thank you in advance.

Okay. Here goes. I put some of the numbers in the CC spreadsheet just to make it simpler to read i hope. I have one credit card account (AU) in good standing with no missed payments for 10 months. I have never made any payments on the student loans, as I became disabled shortly after. They were kept in deferred status a while, but then started all coming due. I know about every six months they used to send a message asking about deferral status but I haven't been seeing them, and went into a depression and gave up trying to contact them or see what even could be done. Which, ultimately brought me here now. This one is just the Equifax report, but it's the cleanest of the three. I'll make notes on which show across the board, but this one only had three collections listed at the top below the Chase card. I'll try to have the rest up tonight.

Issuer Credit Current Available Credit Limit Balance Credit Utilized Overall totals: $40,033 $33,833 $6,200 84.5% Chase Slate (Good standing) $6,500 $300 $6,200 4.6% Medical Business Bureau $128 $128 $0 100.0% Medical Business Bureau $455 $455 $0 100.0% Commonwealth Financial Sys $462 $462 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $4,468 $4,468 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $3,645 $3,645 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $5,149 $5,149 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $4,268 $4,268 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $4,255 $4,255 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $6,448 $6,448 $0 100.0% DoE/Navient $4,255 $4,255 $0 100.0%

Hmm, that formatting didn't stand. Seems I have more to learn about it, maybe I can use an image format instead. I'll set up all the rest on one large excel and screenshot it.

This has been my journey thus far:

EQ 432 / EX 440 / TU 415 - 10/15/2016
EQ 518 / EX 532 / TU 537 - 7/16/2017

byEmtjd.png

Edited by AnnaSunshine

Glad to see you posting here and also being active in this process. That is the only way to really learn. :good:

So updating here, and hello as well. I am said roommate, and yes, I do seek help, such I am trying to get things back in order for my kids' sakes primarily. It is overwhelming, so please bear with me as I don't have much experience with things like this. I am disabled, currently having a SSDI case in process, but it is not labeled 'complete and permanent' that the student loans were written off. The others were medical lines, some of which I recall, some of which I have no idea what they are. I did get my credit reports from the big three in the mail, and I can post the updates in a bit after lunch. Thank you in advance.

Just wondering if you have applied to have your SLs discharged? The determination doesn't have to be made based on your SSDI award letter. You can gave your Dr. complete a section if the application.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/disability-discharge#show-disability

I looked at that, but my physician didn't want to declare the T&PD as it looks like the third one would be the only way I could qualify. I will revisit it with them again, however. Thank you. That would be an amazing relief. I printed out the paper application and set up a visit for next week at the earliest possible.