Sign in to follow this  
Lightoptik

My Start

Thanks Rakurai I will look into Alliant. And congrats on the Chase Freedom Unlimited ! I want the chase cards so bad .

You'll get there :) just hold off on those apps for about 2 years and stick with CB, you'll have a profile like the high rollers here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proof that discover is subprime.I Had the Discovery secured card for just shy of 7 months.2 days before i was to "graduate" they closed my account .My account was closed .When i went to make a purchase my card was declined.When i got home i called and they said i closed my account.Despite not being able to produce a recording of me closing my account ,or any proof.I called the EO's office and they said once a account is closed it's final. Granted the card helped me get a little better CL.But there U.S based customer did little or nothing to fix their mistake.

DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC

PO BOX 15316

WILMINGTON, DE 19850

Current Closed

Account Name DISCOVER FIN SVCS LLC

Account # 601100XXXXXX

Account Type Bank Credit Cards

Balance $0.00

Past Due $0.00

Date Opened 5/1/2016

Account Status Closed

Mo. Payment $0.00

Payment Status Paid satisfactorily

High Balance $88.00

Limit $1,500.00

Terms Revolving

Comments

2015 2016 2017

Month FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC JAN

Experian OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

PCongratulations! Thank you for being a great customer

Access My Account

Account number ending in 7076

Congratulations! Thank you for being a great customer

Good news !

We're returning your security deposit and increasing your credit line.

Because you've shown responsible account management, you're getting your security deposit back. You should receive the check in the mail

in 5-7 business days.

Moreover, we are pleased to inform you that we have increased your credit line following your responsible account management.

Congratulations and thank you for being a great cardmember!

Your new credit limit is: $1,500.00 of which $50.00 is available as cash.

Everything else remains the same with your Discover it® chrome card. You keep the same account number and the same rewards.

If you have any questions, you can reach our U.S. based service team any time at 1-800-347-3085.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

Add discover@service.discover.com to your address book to ensure delivery of these e-mails. See ways to help identify Discover e-mails by visiting our email

security page.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This e-mail was sent to: for account number ending with 7076.

You are receiving this e-mail because you are a Discover Cardmember.

Please do not reply to this email as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.

DISCOVER and other trademarks, logos and service marks used in this e-mail are the trademarks of Discover Financial Services or their respective third-party

owners.

Discover Products Inc., P.O. Box 30943, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943

© Discover Bank, Member FDIC

SCD-102222

3. Congenital Liars, Part II. Rather than provide the proper reasoning demanded by the ECOA and FCRA, Discovery lies and throws around the "insufficient experience" without rhyme or reason. Then we have a certain DB come along with a hare-brained story he invented about it being a glitch. Obviously he shares Discovery genetics as it relates to integrity.

Hey i might be a wireless router,but i'm not a liar

And in the end they screwed me out of a lot of my rewards .The rewards weren't calculated right. I figured this card was a way out of toy card hell . I put almost all of my spend for almost the whole 7 months hoping to get a good starting limit and would have only got $ 1500.00 had i not got cancelled.In 2 months with Amex i went to $ 1400.00 .Thanks for the reply . I would have put all of my spend on Discovery but you'd be surprised even in the U.S.A how many places don't take Discovery !

Do you need help picking a card to replace it?

I will in about a year or more.All of my accounts are super new.And i got all of them right around the same time.I want the Chase cards and i need time to get those.I'm in the wait and CLI stage.Hope you have a great evening!

Do you need help picking a card to replace it?

I will in about a year or more.All of my accounts are super new.And i got all of them right around the same time.I want the Chase cards and i need time to get those.I'm in the wait and CLI stage.Hope you have a great evening!

If Chase is your goal, definitely wait.

I logged into my closed Discovery account and this is what i saw :I'm surprised it is still accessible, and when did i ever freeze or initiate a Fraud alert? They aren't just sub prime they are Stupid.

Your account is now frozen. You can unfreeze whenever you like. If your card has been lost or stolen, please report it immediately.

· Activity & Payments

· Rewards

· Manage

· Inbox

· Help

· Search

· Accounts

· Log Out

ACCOUNT CENTER

Please Call Us to Update Your Account

You've previously initiated a credit bureau fraud alert on this account. If you'd like to make an update to your account,
please call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) from the phone number you submitted to that credit bureau.

Home

I logged into my closed Discovery account and this is what i saw :I'm surprised it is still accessible, and when did i ever freeze or initiate a Fraud alert? They aren't just sub prime they are Stupid.

Your account is now frozen. You can unfreeze whenever you like. If your card has been lost or stolen, please report it immediately.

· Activity & Payments

· Rewards

· Manage

· Inbox

· Help

· Search

· Accounts

· Log Out

ACCOUNT CENTER

Please Call Us to Update Your Account

You've previously initiated a credit bureau fraud alert on this account. If you'd like to make an update to your account,

please call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) from the phone number you submitted to that credit bureau.

Home

wow. subprime are they come

Can you list the dates your current accounts were opened?

I think you are off to a good start.

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

$1,400.00

3/1/2017

Amex Gold Delta Skymiles

$1,000.00

5/1/2017

Citi Double Cash

$2,000.00

5/1/2017

Credit Union Visa

$300.00

3/1/2017

Home Depot

$3,000.00

6/1/2017

Trek

$1,500.00

5/1/2017

Lowes

$17,000.00

5/1/2017

Wal-Mart Mastercard

$2,000.00

5/1/2017

I got rid of most but not all of the crap cards . I had a secured Discover and a Crap1 secured and a BOA secured that were about a year old that i closed .(maybe i shouldn't have ) I also had the usual newbie mistake Victoria's secret and Fingerslut .Thanks for looking at my post!

Can you explain this? It doesn't make sense.

When was your Discover closed?

Edited by Kat58

Discover closed the secured Discover card . I closed The Bank of America And Capitol One Secured .The Capitol One was never going to graduate .And BOA was almost due for the annual fee that they wouldn't waive.At this point i had better cards. They closed my Discover card 2 days short of graduating .I was declined when i went to make a purchase,when i got home i called and they said the account was closed and i would get a letter in 7 to 10 days.A couple of days after that i got the Congratulations you graduated email .I like your posts Ms. Kat but face it Discover isn't perfect and they sometimes make big mistakes. I got tired of trying to get them to re-open my account.By this time i had the citi double and the amex .So i gave up with Discovery.I put a lot of spend through that card and they never did get the categories right.Discover never gave me a reason and all's i got was the refund check( it was the correct amount).The account has been closed since late December and i can still access the account.Your the Discover expert explain this to me? I make a good but not great living, I pay all of my cards on time before i need to.I don't MS , so why would they close my account? I have one baddie on my CR for $22.00 that is medical that i won't pay unless they do pay for delete.Otherwise just a thin credit file.I had a $ 4000.00 medical (that has dropped off my report and the CA that held the 4,000 medical is the same one that holds the $22.00 one) but Discover knew this when they gave me the card . Please explain Discover to me.Read the posts above with the account closed from my CCT report and then the graduation email.If anyone has a rightful reason to be mad at discover it is me.

I seem to remember when i first started lurking on the boards that you or someone was always telling people to start with a secured Discover . I came over from MFF and started to get semi - serious about fixing my credit.I do remember you were always kind and polite to people.I am glad Discover is good to you .I understand Credit card companies are a business.And i would have accepted that the medical was their reason for closing my card . I have seen so many glitch threads in regards to their secured cards that nothing about them surprises me anymore.Huge companies make huge mistakes and a lot of the time unless they get bad press, they don't fix their mistakes.I hope you have a good rest of your evening and thanks for reading some of my posts.