Sign in to follow this  
Koalleon

Cap1 Cli

I paid my cap1 in full last week and asked for a cli and was declined due to high credit use. So I called the backdoor number and they said it's nothing they can do. They told me to just wait a couple of months and try again. But they did upgrade my platinum to a QS with no fees. Was disappointed with cap1. Paid off a 10500 auto loan off with them in February and just paid my platinum in full. So should I just keep it at a zero balance and ask for another one in 3 months ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fair question, but the anecdotal evidence suggests that if you don't "use" the limit you have, they'll think you have a large enough limit. At least, that's what I gather from what I've read.

It seems to me, the most sure fire way to get an increased Credit Limit is to get a second card and combine them. But, given that their CLI's are soft pulls, may as well ask for one in a couple of months and see.

I already have a QS but that ones has the annual 39 fee. I asked to see if he could just upgrade the platinum to a venture instead of QS but he said the only offers they had right now was the QS. So now I have 2 QS one at 1300 and the other at 2350. So I was wondering should I just combine them to the QS that has no fees ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koalleon, Is their a big difference in the APRs of the two QS cards? I know they offer them QS at 13.99, 18.99 and 23.99% APR.

I want to thank you for them number you provided me. I called it today, which was the first time I have ever gotten a increase from Crap1. I paid off the $1 that was left on the card last month and then hit the automated cli button today and they gave me a nice $250 limit bump. I had tried everything from running insane amounts of cash through it and paying three payments a month to keeping it at $1 to $0. I wonder if it had something to do with a SCRA dispute I had with them in 2012 over a long closed account. I ended up getting an apology from the corporate office and 0% interest rate for life on this card. I would have closed this account but its my longest open revolving account and the 0% interest rate is a plus.