Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

renewme

Starting with medical collection

I have 3 chargeoffs DOFD July 2012 that were settled. I think they are reporting a little different on the 3 reports.

I short sold my house DOFD was late 2010 but I did a loan modification plan that reports current status before going delinquent again when I didnt take the new terms that included a huge balloon payment. Scheduled to fall off Sept 2018.

2 accounts with late payments in 2012.

Send the CRAs this:

https://whychat.me/initdispltrsol.html

List ONLY the accounts that are charge-offs or closed delinquent . Are the "2 accounts with late payments in 2012." open now or were they closed?? If closed add them to the dispute letter.

Hello Whychat and others,

I sent the dispute letter but no changes were made to my reports. I received responses mid-late December. I've stalled and haven't moved forward after the three responses. Not sure if I should bother with them right now considering the two situations I'll describe below

Now Credit Karma sent a notice of a new collection on my EQ report Sept 2017 but I haven't received any notice and I have no new medical bills. If you have advice on how to move forward I would appreciate it. I will look through the notes above to remind myself of the process before. My credit report seems 6 months old and wouldn't have the collection on it since it's a new CA and just now reporting. Do I need to request a new report to dispute this addition to my report?

I'm feeling a sense of urgency to get this new collection removed, because my landlord let me know that if I am approved for a mortgage I will be considered to buy the home I live in but will have to move if I'm not able to buy. I appreciate any advice.

I followed the instructions and all of the medical collections that I started with were removed. This is a new one (old one with a new collection agency) that CK just notified me showing up last week. Yesterday, I paid for a EQ report and hopefully will have it soon. Next (after getting the new report with this new CA listed) I will send the medical DV to the CA. Then the CRA dispute. Do I skip the initial dispute to the CRA for this new medical collection?

In November after all of the medical collections were gone, I started looking at old non-medical charge offs and whether any could be removed from my report. I did a initial dispute on those and responses back from CRA with no changes. Those were my last posts on here.

I followed the instructions and all of the medical collections that I started with were removed. This is a new one (old one with a new collection agency) that CK just notified me showing up last week. Yesterday, I paid for a EQ report and hopefully will have it soon. Next (after getting the new report with this new CA listed) I will send the medical DV to the CA. Then the CRA dispute. Do I skip the initial dispute to the CRA for this new medical collection? NO!! you MUST start with the initial dispute, otherwise you have nothing to say in the DV, ( unless you have received some communication from the "new" CA

In November after all of the medical collections were gone, I started looking at old non-medical charge offs and whether any could be removed from my report. I did a initial dispute on those and responses back from CRA with no changes. Those were my last posts on here.

If you are disputing non medical on any CRA reports that you intend to send a new medical dispute to, make sure that you have received a response from that CRA on the non medical dispute and hold off any further activity on the non medical dispute to the CRAs ( you CAN of course send that non medical CA the DV)

https://whychat.me/nottoca.html

In the mail today I received a settlement offer from the collection agency and this was the first letter from them. Does this change the recommended approach?

I haven't received my EQ credit report yet, which is where I believe it is only reported. I'm waiting on it before sending initial DV.

DO NOT RESPOND to the CA. If they had ANY valid claim they wouldn't offer to settle.

I haven't received my EQ credit report yet, which is where I believe it is only reported. I'm waiting on it before sending initial DV.

I assume you meant sending the initial DISPUTE letter not "DV"

Edited by Why Chat

I looked back through my posts on this thread and see that this is the same account that showed up on my report in July but a different CA. The OC had offered a lower amount based on contractual allowance with the insurance company. This new CA sent a bill for the full amount. Since EQ dispute came back verified, I'm assuming move on to letter to CA and follow up to CRA?

I looked back through my posts on this thread and see that this is the same account that showed up on my report in July but a different CA. The OC had offered a lower amount based on contractual allowance with the insurance company. This new CA sent a bill for the full amount. Since EQ dispute came back verified, I'm assuming move on to letter to CA and follow up to CRA?

Yes, is it reporting to all 3 CRAs?? if so you will need 3 medical DVs in the same envelope.

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

Make sure you do NOT use the sentence that refers to an enclosed letter. The "bill" the CA sent is NOT a valid response.

Thank you. Do I use the phrase "recent communication"? This CA is only on my Equifax report.

I could pay the contractual allowance to the OC if it will take care of this coming back. I've been preapproved for a mortgage and they told me this needs to be paid. I have about 6 weeks to 2 months to take care of it. This is just over 3 yrs old and still in sol. Does being in the mortgage approval process affect this process?

Thank you. Do I use the phrase "recent communication"? This CA is only on my Equifax report. NO, use the phrase ""This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report"

I could pay the contractual allowance to the OC if it will take care of this coming back. I've been preapproved for a mortgage and they told me this needs to be paid. I have about 6 weeks to 2 months to take care of it. This is just over 3 yrs old and still in sol. Does being in the mortgage approval process affect this process?

If you had been opted out BEFORE you started the mortgage process you may not have had your reports poisoned by a JDB

Worse comes to worse-- if this doesn't get it off your Eq report in time for your closing you can pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a" and provide your closing agent with a copy of the money order ( front only)

Edited by Why Chat

This is only on EQ. I sent the letter to the CA and the follow up to EQ. In yesterdays mailing received a response from CA with a copy of an invoice from 2015.

The letter said, "Attached is an itemized statement that you requested regarding the above identified debt that has been placed in our office for collection by the current creditor" The current creditor listed looks like another CA.

The letter goes on to say "the enclosed bill shows zero because the account was charged off as delinquent. This does Not mean there is Not a balance due, or that you have a zero balance."

The invoice shows charges with the next column showing payments/adjustments for the same amount as charges. The amount you owe column shows $0.00

I'm not sure what to do with this. I think it's still reporting on my credit report.

Edited by renewme

I followed your instructions and to my relief it was removed from EQ in April.   Now beginning in June it was posted again to all 3 CRA with a new account number and a amount closer to the original bill (adjusted by OC). I believe this the same one because it has same OC listed and they just changed the amount and account number.  Do I start over like this is a new one?

I'm needing to complete as soon as possible to close on a mortgage next month.  I'm just not sure if starting over is the way to go.  Thank you for your guidance. 

Did you get a letter of deletion from Eq.?? If so, send them this;

https://whychat.me/ltrcraredisp.html

In accordance with the requirements of the FCRA as shown below,I am hereby requesting your complete compliance with any and all of the provisions.

Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material.
This account under a different CA name (insert previous name) was properly disputed and deleted with your letter of ( give date of letter)

It has been re-inserted by (name of new CA )

Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

Please furnish me with copies of any and all such certification.

If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

I received no such notification,this is a serious violation of the FCRA, and I reserve the right to pursue further action.

Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

Please furnish me with the required statements and data

(C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph and a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

Please furnish me with a full description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy of the information.

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

In accordance with the above requirements of the FCRA, please furnish me with all requested material within 15 days

(sign as above in first example)

Edited by Why Chat

I followed your instructions and to my relief it was removed from EQ in April.   Now beginning in June it was posted again to all 3 CRA with a new account number and a amount closer to the original bill (adjusted by OC). I believe this the same one because it has same OC listed and they just changed the amount and account number.  Do I start over like this is a new one?

I'm needing to complete as soon as possible to close on a mortgage next month.  I'm just not sure if starting over is the way to go.  Thank you for your guidance. 

Thank you Whychat.  I sent in the letter 8 days ago and waiting for a response from EQ.  This is the same CA reposting the account with a slightly different account number and amount. 

Do I hold off from sending anything to the other 2 CRA until I hear from EQ

This was the same CA that changed the amount and account number.  I sent the letter about reinserting the account.  I received a response from EQ that the account has been updated.  It updated status, "Unpaid".  What do I do now?   I need to clear it up for a mortgage. 

I didn't have a chance to research when the other reports had this account last on them to send out letters to the other CRA.  

OK, you are going to have to follow my previous instructions in order to get this resolved;

Worse comes to worse-- if this doesn't get it off your Eq report in time for your closing you can pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a" and provide your closing agent with a copy of the money order ( front only)

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

Make sure you follow ALL the instructions.

In addition you need to file a complaint against the CA with the CFPB

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Make sure you stress that this unknown medical account was properly disputed (give date) and correctly deleted from Eq. in (give date) and was illegally re-inserted on all 3 CRAs without any notice to you or documentation that the account was valid in response to your letter to them of (give date) requesting validation.