Sign in to follow this  
yummysbakery

Lowe's really?

So I swore no new apps but flooring needed replaced in a spare bedroom and I went to Lowe's to look. Today only if you used Lowe's cc you got 10% off instead of the usual 5%. So I apped in the store and was approved for a measly $500. But the cs person stated I could use two forms of payment one being the Lowe's card and still get the 10% off.

So off to the cashier I go. I asked for a number to call to get my limit increased. She had no clue but said she had a number to get a one time authorization for over the limit....OK so here is where it gets interesting! She calls they deny the one time auth which was only $64.00.

BUT she then hands the phone to me and I'm asked if I want my cli increased and if so how much. Asked for my income which I gave her but asked her if she thought my income changed in the last 10 minutes since I originally apped....she laughed and said income is not put in their system until you recon. What?? Really? I requested a 25K cli Bam. Approved! So now I'm wondering if she was right about doing apps online or in store regarding income. What do you think?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It's easy to recon up to $35K with Synchrony.

Yes I believe that too but do you think the auto system doesn't input your income? And that their formula for approval doesn't take that in to consideration and credit limits?

It's easy to recon up to $35K with Synchrony.

Yes I believe that too but do you think the auto system doesn't input your income? And that their formula for approval doesn't take that in to consideration and credit limits?

They probably use one system for credit decisioning and a different system for account servicing.

There may be security or compliance (or other) reasons why they don't populate the servicing system with all of the info obtained when you applied.

There would be no reason for the servicing system to have your credit score either, for example.

I just got this Card with a $1000.00 limit , hit the luv button and went to $ 17,000 . Is this card a useful pry-bar ? Or is it just a good for padding?

I just got this Card with a $1000.00 limit , hit the luv button and went to $ 17,000 . Is this card a useful pry-bar ? Or is it just a good for padding?

Call and ask for $35K.

Store cards aren't pry bars.