Multiple BOA offers

jimmyconway

The last post in this topic was posted 2051 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I recently received a PRESCREENED & OPT-OUT NOTICE Bank of America for a credit card and was approved. 3 weeks Later, I received the same notice with a different Personal Secure Code. Should I apply for another one? Or, will it get declined because I already have the same exact credit card product? Thank you.

Jimmy.

Mailing lists are prepared weeks in advance, and the response rate is very low for direct mail... so they assume that they will have to mail you an offer multiple times before you act.

That doesn't answer your question, though.

What is the benefit to you for having two of the same card?

Have to be careful with BOA. Say you have a 10k limit with card 1. Depending on how comfy they feel, and the amount of exposure with you they're willing to accept - they may approve for the second card for 5k - but take 3k from the 10k card to do it.

Some have recommended applying for the second card over the phone, to possibly prevent that - and I did try that - but the CSR made no mention of stealing 1400 from my first card to give me 7k on the 2nd card. I found out a day later on the website.

I would second cv91915's question - why get a second card of the same product? It would make sense for Cap1, but not for BOA, I don't think. Wait a year, they may very well double your limit on the first card.

Don't get a card just because it's low hanging fruit.

The last post in this topic was posted 2051 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.