Whats the deal with SageStream LLC ?

The last post in this topic was posted 1349 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

First off, I did a search of this forum and didn't find anything which I find odd. Point me to the thread if there already is one.

About a month or so ago, I purchased a car and this is one of the reports that was pulled. Never heard of them. Worth the time to send a written request for a copy of my report? (they ask for a lot of personal info that I would rather not have traveling around in the mail in a nice convenient package.) I have credit monitoring service for the three main bureau's and solid scores 750-775 and the letter I received from one finance company that denied my loan request says I have a 398 with SageStream LLC.

First off, I did a search of this forum and didn't find anything which I find odd. Point me to the thread if there already is one.

About a month or so ago, I purchased a car and this is one of the reports that was pulled. Never heard of them. Worth the time to send a written request for a copy of my report? (they ask for a lot of personal info that I would rather not have traveling around in the mail in a nice convenient package.) I have credit monitoring service for the three main bureau's and solid scores 750-775 and the letter I received from one finance company that denied my loan request says I have a 398 with SageStream LLC.

They keep track of applications, similar to ARS. You can freeze both Sagestream and ARS but keep in mind sometimes freezing these 3rd parties can restrict/prevent you from getting a loan approved.

What finance company did you apply with for a loan?

If any site's search feature isn't turning up hits for you then try a site restricted Google search. Here's an example relevant to this thread:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ida+sagestream&oq=ida+sagestream&aqs=chrome..69i57.2438j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=sagestream+site:creditboards.com

Also note that SageStream was IDA.

Worth the time to send a written request for a copy of my report?

Your call to make just as worth is on any subject. If you use creditors that pull them it may be worth it to you to pull and/or freeze -- same as with any of the other creditors. I'm not aware of having any creditors that use them but I went ahead and froze reports with a number of the secondary reporting agencies anyway. See also:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201604_cfpb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

says I have a 398 with SageStream LLC.

IIRC SageStream's score is Credit Optics and ranges from 1 to 999.

Edited by takeshi

I'm not familiar with the company, just a place the dealership ran me through. Looks like it was "Ally Financial". Was denied with them but approved through HomeTrust Bank. That was May of this year.

Takeshi- that's good to know about site restricted google search, never heard of that. Sounds handy.

I'm not familiar with the company, just a place the dealership ran me through. Looks like it was "Ally Financial". Was denied with them but approved through HomeTrust Bank. That was May of this year.

Takeshi- that's good to know about site restricted google search, never heard of that. Sounds handy.

Yikes you let a dealership "shop" the loan for you. The scores you mentioned in your first post...what credit monitoring service do you have?

Yeah, I know that's a bad thing. Long story but the short of it is. I had a bad experience with my credit 15 years ago when I was 18yo and never used it again. Paid cash for everything my whole life. I had no bad or good credit. "No score at all". Years of having a good job and good income, I just paid cash for anything I needed. I started out a few months back with a secured credit card so I was pushing my luck on even getting approved. The manager is friends with my gf so I had faith in him. He just hit me with the two pulls. One from Ally with the deny and the HomeTrust approval. (4.35% I might add which I feel pretty good about with good credit numbers but only a few months history) I bought a $21,000 truck and paid $10,000 cash down is about the only reason I got approved. Could easily pay the truck off by the end of the year but trying to build credit in case I need it one day.

I use "credit check total" pretty close numbers across the three. 746, 750, 741. Denial from Ally showed a 775 pulled from Experian. They pulled Experian and SageStream.

Yeah, I know that's a bad thing. Long story but the short of it is. I had a bad experience with my credit 15 years ago when I was 18yo and never used it again. Paid cash for everything my whole life. I had no bad or good credit. "No score at all". Years of having a good job and good income, I just paid cash for anything I needed

DR would be so proud of you

FYI - I recently requested a copy of my SageStream CR and they sent it (which only included data from Ally Financial and NSTN, whoever that is) and also included a copy of my Innovis CR. I called and asked if Innovis had been acquired by SageStream or vice versa and the explanation I got was "we use their data, otherwise we are unaffiliated with them."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The last post in this topic was posted 1349 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.