BOA Hates Me, But I Don't Know Why??

The last post in this topic was posted 1443 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Of course BofA allows PCs. You can change it to a 321 cash rewards of a ttavel rewards, both of which give you relationship bonueses.

How long does a BofA card have to be opened before a PC?

That was my point about whether or not it would be allowed...yet.
I don't know what the minimum amount of time would be before BofA would allow you to PC a no AF card. But it's irrelevant since the OP opened their current BofA card in 2015 so even if it was a 1 year window due to the CARD Act or something that time has long since passed.
I called BOA again. Got transferred to a young-sounding guy who attempted to "man-splain" to me that BOA does not now, nor have they ever, done product changes. According to him, their policy is that everyone has to APPLY for every card they want. After politely arguing with him for a minute, I said :stop: "Thank you, never mind; I'll just call back and speak to someone else." :beee: So I did. I spoke to Valerie, who had no problem and no questions whatsoever in changing my card to a travel rewards card. :) Obviously I won't get the 20k bonus points, but I do earn 1.5 points plus 10% and got rid of a useless card so I'm happy with that.
Considering you have a Citi DC with a $10K limit, a 1.5% card with a 10% kicker is also worthless except the BofA TR has no FTF. Citi's warranty extension is better as well as their price rewind feature.

But congrats on your PC! :D

Ummm...... ok.... I get the feeling that my Citi DC is a better option even tho I'm looking for travel rewards? Why is that? And please keep in mind that while I AM fairly intelligent, I am also absolutely horrible at math and anything that even vaguely has to do with it. Soooo, enlighten me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$10,000 spend

Citi DC = $200 cash back

BofA TR = $150 cash back ONLY when redeemed against travel charges placed on the TR. If you have Preferred Relationship or whatever BofA calls it, you can get 25%, 50% or a 75% bonus on that card which obviously changes things.

So, apparently Valerie doesn't know her flowers from a hole in the ground, because I got a letter from BOA yesterday saying Sorry, no TR card for you........ so I'm done with them as far as a cc goes..... Much better banks with better rewards out there...... not that I'll be apping any of them anytime soon. I need to cool my heels for a while....

I tried to play with hubby's credit a little bit since I cleaned his up also; his scores are mid 700's too, so I apped for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for him and he got an instant approval for 15k....... he got perturbed with me because he doesn't like to have more than 2 cards and he has a Chase Amazon Rewards already and is an AU on my Lowe's. :sorry: He made me promise not to get him any more cards. :cry2: He doesn't understand nor care about rewards, unfortunately.

So, apparently Valerie doesn't know her flowers from a hole in the ground, because I got a letter from BOA yesterday saying Sorry, no TR card for you........ so I'm done with them as far as a cc goes..... Much better banks with better rewards out there...... not that I'll be apping any of them anytime soon. I need to cool my heels for a while....

I tried to play with hubby's credit a little bit since I cleaned his up also; his scores are mid 700's too, so I apped for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for him and he got an instant approval for 15k....... he got perturbed with me because he doesn't like to have more than 2 cards and he has a Chase Amazon Rewards already and is an AU on my Lowe's. :sorry: He made me promise not to get him any more cards. :cry2: He doesn't understand nor care about rewards, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that.

Did the letter give any insight as to why they can't PC your card?

just said too many inquiries, and credit history not long enough. oh, well!

Ok. Thanks for the data.

I was just curious if it was a case of BOA stopping PCs completely or if there was another reason.

Seems they check credit on PCs. I wonder why?

I used to joke that Bank of America would do an inquiry when I looked at the phone intending to call them for a CLI.

They're pull happy.

Didn't stop me from doing anything, though, since I'm not afraid of a little peekaboo.

OH!!! And I forgot!!! They also gave me the one reason that I *NEVER* thought I would EVER hear:

Drum Roll, Please:

TOO MUCH AVAILABLE CREDIT!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

That just means they couldn't find any other coherent reason. :)

• 2 weeks later...

OH!!! And I forgot!!! They also gave me the one reason that I *NEVER* thought I would EVER hear:

Drum Roll, Please:

The latest in the "BOA is Bonkers" saga... my pay day is the 15th and the 30th. Obviously sometimes we get paid a day or two early. So I was checking my account to see if a deposit has been made to my checking and lo and behold, this is what I see:

97fc3de793b5c2cee8521599592aea0a.jpg

I can only shake my head. I have no clue if I really have a travel rewards card or not. All I have in my possession is a regular BankAmerica card. And I was already at the point where I just really don't care, because I have better cards anyway.

Drum Roll, Please:

The latest in the "BOA is Bonkers" saga... my pay day is the 15th and the 30th. Obviously sometimes we get paid a day or two early. So I was checking my account to see if a deposit has been made to my checking and lo and behold, this is what I see:97fc3de793b5c2cee8521599592aea0a.jpg

I can only shake my head. I have no clue if I really have a travel rewards card or not. All I have in my possession is a regular BankAmerica card. And I was already at the point where I just really don't care, because I have better cards anyway.

They PC'd you?

Drum Roll, Please:

The latest in the "BOA is Bonkers" saga... my pay day is the 15th and the 30th. Obviously sometimes we get paid a day or two early. So I was checking my account to see if a deposit has been made to my checking and lo and behold, this is what I see:97fc3de793b5c2cee8521599592aea0a.jpg

They PC'd you?

apparently so?? I mean, that's what it says on my list of accounts, but........ they already gave it to me in one hand and took it away with the other, so I'm afraid to guess. :rofl:

The last post in this topic was posted 1443 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.