Jump to content

What did you get in the email today?


credit_help
 Share

Recommended Posts


  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 2:13 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Discounts and coupons from CVS. Bought a package of 160 pieces of Halloween candy (Snickers, M&M's, Dove Chocolate, Skittles) originally priced at $24.99 and walked away paying less than $14.00. 

 

The candy is securely locked away so DH won't get into it before the treat or treaters. 👻👍

 

I'm sworn to lay off the Halloween stash until after the porch light goes off.  But, then again, Bev usually anticipates that they'll bus kids into the neighborhood and hugely over stocks.  I usually have a cache that keeps me going until I can refresh after Easter :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 7:40 AM, hdporter said:

 

I'm sworn to lay off the Halloween stash until after the porch light goes off.  But, then again, Bev usually anticipates that they'll bus kids into the neighborhood and hugely over stocks.  I usually have a cache that keeps me going until I can refresh after Easter :)

Same thing occurs here in Cali. After the neighborhood children finish trick or treating accompanied by their parents, then droves of unknown kids hit the houses afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Same thing occurs here in Cali. After the neighborhood children finish trick or treating accompanied by their parents, then droves of unknown kids hit the houses afterwards.

I had a lot of that at the Austin house...once I figured out that they were bringing outsiders around simply because it was a two-comma neighborhood, I pretty much quit giving indicators I was home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halloween was one of the first areas in which my inner ambition shined ... I didn't so much "trick or treat" as lay siege to the city ;).  I remember being 11 and canvassing a 14x6 block section of our city (this was in a town w/ 20k pop.)  And, yes, the ritzier section was a key target.  I was the kid that would knock or ring your bell shortly before 10p because your porch light was still lit.

 

My parents were a scarce factor in much of my life ... if the porches didn't go dark first, I imagine I'd have continued to midnight or one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hdporter said:

Halloween was one of the first areas in which my inner ambition shined ... I didn't so much "trick or treat" as lay siege to the city ;).  I remember being 11 and canvassing a 14x6 block section of our city (this was in a town w/ 20k pop.)  And, yes, the ritzier section was a key target.  I was the kid that would knock or ring your bell shortly before 10p because your porch light was still lit.

 

My parents were a scarce factor in much of my life ... if the porches didn't go dark first, I imagine I'd have continued to midnight or one.

I have a cool Halloween scary pumpkin projection that moves aimed above our xerioscape. I enjoy Halloween and we have some wonderful young new neighbors with children who have moved in.

 

As long as I have candy left I'll keep answering the door but once it's gone, off goes the porch light.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I have a cool Halloween scary pumpkin projection that moves aimed above our xerioscape. I enjoy Halloween and we have some wonderful young new neighbors with children who have moved in.

 

As long as I have candy left I'll keep answering the door but once it's gone, off goes the porch light.

 

Learned a new term today :)  (my search was auto-corrected to "xeriscape")

 

If you can capture a decent pic when the time comes, please post an image ... would LOVE to see it!!  (Shades of the "Great Pumpkin" ;) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hegemony said:

Use your Target Mastercard to make $500 in net eligible purchases outside of Target or Target.com between 10/26/2021 and 12/10/2021, and Target will mail you a $25 coupon in January 2022.

Interesting...don't you already GET 5% to use the Target card on their website?  I know the store card gives it (they have never upgraded me).  This would be a nice double dip if you typically get anything at Target (our kitty litter comes through them due to the 5% and free shipping). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, centex said:

Interesting...don't you already GET 5% to use the Target card on their website?  I know the store card gives it (they have never upgraded me).  This would be a nice double dip if you typically get anything at Target (our kitty litter comes through them due to the 5% and free shipping). 

%5 off at target. dining gets 2% so earn the $25 spending $500 on dining then use the gift card at target. not terrible but it won't make me rich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, hegemony said:

%5 off at target. dining gets 2% so earn the $25 spending $500 on dining then use the gift card at target. not terrible but it won't make me rich.

Won't make you rich, but hell...$25 IS still $25. That's a quarter tank of gas at the outrageous prices y'all have out there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By layen850
      U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
      Approved
      Experian
      Southern California
      Apped 12/20/21-12/27/21
    • By Sweethomemov
      I have been searching High and low trying to find who Pep Boys Commercial Net 30 account report to, but  it seems that i can only find one forum speaking about them. and the information provided on the forum is not very clear so hopefully someone can help provide what i the right answer
       
      Thanks in advance
    • By MarvBear
      REMINDER!
      Account Status 05 (Account transferred)
      to become obsolete for reporting
      Effective April 2022
       
      As noted within Exhibit 4 (Account Status Codes) in the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG®) since 2020, Account Status 05 (Account Transferred) will become obsolete for reporting in April 2022.
       
      Refer to the Transferred category within Exhibit 6 for a list of Special Comment Codes that should be used instead of Account Status 05. Refer to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 46 for guidance on reporting transferred accounts, and to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 47 for guidance on reporting sold accounts.
       
      All guidance that relates to accounts being transferred or sold has previously been updated to advise that the Account Status should be reported as of the time of transfer or sale so no further updates will be made to existing CRRG® FAQs (46 & 47) as a result Account Status 05 being retired.
       
      The Metro 2® Task Force recommends that data furnishers transition away from reporting Account Status 05 as soon as possible.
       
      If there are any questions, please e-mail metro2info@cdiaonline.org.
       
      Thank you,
      CDIA and Metro 2® Task Force
       
      Metro 2® Webinar:
      Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred)
      Dec. 8, 2021 @ 2pm ET
       
      Join us Dec 8, 2021 for the Metro 2® Webinar: Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred). Developed in collaboration with the Metro 2® Format Task Force, which includes experienced representatives from Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and TransUnion, this webinar will discuss how accounts that are transferred internally or to a servicer should be reported, as reflected in the 2021 Credit Reporting Resource Guide®.
       
      The reporting of accurate data is an essential obligation of data furnishers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Account Status 05 will be retired for Credit Reporting in April 2022.
       
      Presented by Pat Dubie, Training Consultant at Consumer Data Industry Association, this webinar will focus on the following discussion topics as they pertain to transferred accounts:
       
      ·     Use of the L1 Segment to identify the Identification Number and/or Account Number Change
      ·     Use of Special Comment Codes to identify the “transferred’ condition
      ·     FAQ #46
       
      Duration: 45 minutes
      Cost: $245 per registration (incl. up to 5 individual participants login)
       
      Your registration includes:
      ·   Access to the scheduled webinar and all handout materials
      ·   An audio re-play file of the event accessible online for up to one year, which can be shared internally with your team
      ·   Free download of the latest version of the Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®)
      ·   The webinar is a single sign-on experience. 
       
      Register Today!
       
      If you can't join us for one of the scheduled webinars, you may register for the on-demand replay of this event. The on-demand replay as well as the handout material will be emailed to you approximately 48 hours after the purchase.
       
      To view CDIA's Metro 2® attendance policy, please click here. 
       
      Legal Disclaimer: CDIA's teleseminars are educational in nature and do not represent legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.
    • By Simon3
      can any one tell me which bureaus does the Wells Fargo Business Platinum card report to
    • By MarvBear
      CARES+Act+Post-Accommodation+Reporting+Guidance.pdf
       
      I have no idea if this will be of assistance to anyone.  It's full of links that are accessible.
       
      Happy reading.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines