What did you get in the email today?

credit_help

Another AMEX Platinum Card upgrade offer. 10x points on certain purchases, 75,000 points if a spend $5k in the first six months, etc. 

Is AMEX hurting for Platinum Card holders? They sure want me to sign on for one, but I don't fly any longer and have very little interest in doing it again. $550 annually is way too large a fee for the benefits available that I'll not use.

9 hours ago, insolent1 said:

Another AMEX Platinum Card upgrade offer. 10x points on certain purchases, 75,000 points if a spend $5k in the first six months, etc. 

Is AMEX hurting for Platinum Card holders? They sure want me to sign on for one, but I don't fly any longer and have very little interest in doing it again. $550 annually is way too large a fee for the benefits available that I'll not use.

Their recent strategy is clearly to get people to upgrade to cards with annual fees, and for people with AF cards, to upgrade those to higher AFs.

Most of the other issuers rely on earning 25.99% APR from people who are still making payments on the night they splurged on Mix & Match Fajitas™ at Chili's® in January of 2017.

11 hours ago, insolent1 said:

Why not just upgrade for the year, take the 75k points plus whatever bonus points you can earn then downgrade after year 1.  The 75k points alone outweighs the AF, not to mention the incidental credits they offer.  Seems like a no-brainer unless you're holding out for a 100k offer...

8 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Why not just upgrade for the year, take the 75k points plus whatever bonus points you can earn then downgrade after year 1.  The 75k points alone outweighs the AF, not to mention the incidental credits they offer.  Seems like a no-brainer unless you're holding out for a 100k offer...

That's a great strategy, but I am saving cash for a new home construction scheduled for next year. That $5K is going to offset some upgrades to the house.

Penn Fedd Kredit Younyun sent me an email about entering to win $10,000 by either opening a checking account :rofl: or visiting a web site and entering my contact info.

I chose the latter.

Not Found

The requested URL /fbsweeps/sweeps/PenFed10kGiveaway was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Penn Fedd Kredit Younyun sent me an email about entering to win $10,000 by either opening a checking account :rofl: or visiting a web site and entering my contact info.

I chose the latter.

Not Found

The requested URL /fbsweeps/sweeps/PenFed10kGiveaway was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 

I got the same thing and I'm a "member".   🙄

WalletHub is congratulating me for paying off 61% of one of my loans.

Except it isn't a loan, it's a lease. 

But even if it was a loan, at this point in the 36-month cycle that's how much anyone would have paid off simply by making the contractually-required payments. 

And even if it was a loan, who with prime credit pays 5.43% APR for a 36-month term?

Also, the lease payment is only $849.  :lol: 

2aq7zyJ.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Note that I only have one of the three products mentioned in the subject lines.

This also qualifies as a COMPUTER GLITCH, albeit it a recurring one, so I'm going to cross-post this in the appropriate thread.

5MTqF8D.png  

Here's a Bed Bath & Beyond hack.

Sign into your account, put an item in your cart and then close your browser.

A few days later you'll get a "price drop" notification via email.  Yesterday it was 3%.

Today, same email...  but 4%.

Apparently this is my "last chance," which would seem more urgent if I hadn't already purchased a different item elsewhere.

bxWmp5h.jpg 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By layen850
      U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Card
      Approved
      Experian
      Southern California
      Apped 12/20/21-12/27/21
    • By Sweethomemov
      I have been searching High and low trying to find who Pep Boys Commercial Net 30 account report to, but  it seems that i can only find one forum speaking about them. and the information provided on the forum is not very clear so hopefully someone can help provide what i the right answer

Thanks in advance
    • By MarvBear
      REMINDER!
      Account Status 05 (Account transferred)
      to become obsolete for reporting
      Effective April 2022

As noted within Exhibit 4 (Account Status Codes) in the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG®) since 2020, Account Status 05 (Account Transferred) will become obsolete for reporting in April 2022.

Refer to the Transferred category within Exhibit 6 for a list of Special Comment Codes that should be used instead of Account Status 05. Refer to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 46 for guidance on reporting transferred accounts, and to Frequently Asked Question & Answer 47 for guidance on reporting sold accounts.

All guidance that relates to accounts being transferred or sold has previously been updated to advise that the Account Status should be reported as of the time of transfer or sale so no further updates will be made to existing CRRG® FAQs (46 & 47) as a result Account Status 05 being retired.

The Metro 2® Task Force recommends that data furnishers transition away from reporting Account Status 05 as soon as possible.

If there are any questions, please e-mail metro2info@cdiaonline.org.

Thank you,
      CDIA and Metro 2® Task Force

Metro 2® Webinar:
      Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred)
      Dec. 8, 2021 @ 2pm ET

Join us Dec 8, 2021 for the Metro 2® Webinar: Retirement of Account Status 05 (Transferred). Developed in collaboration with the Metro 2® Format Task Force, which includes experienced representatives from Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and TransUnion, this webinar will discuss how accounts that are transferred internally or to a servicer should be reported, as reflected in the 2021 Credit Reporting Resource Guide®.

The reporting of accurate data is an essential obligation of data furnishers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Account Status 05 will be retired for Credit Reporting in April 2022.

Presented by Pat Dubie, Training Consultant at Consumer Data Industry Association, this webinar will focus on the following discussion topics as they pertain to transferred accounts:

·     Use of the L1 Segment to identify the Identification Number and/or Account Number Change
      ·     Use of Special Comment Codes to identify the “transferred’ condition
      ·     FAQ #46

Duration: 45 minutes
      Cost: $245 per registration (incl. up to 5 individual participants login)

Your registration includes:
      ·   Access to the scheduled webinar and all handout materials
      ·   An audio re-play file of the event accessible online for up to one year, which can be shared internally with your team
      ·   Free download of the latest version of the Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®)
      ·   The webinar is a single sign-on experience. 

Register Today!

If you can't join us for one of the scheduled webinars, you may register for the on-demand replay of this event. The on-demand replay as well as the handout material will be emailed to you approximately 48 hours after the purchase.

To view CDIA's Metro 2® attendance policy, please click here. 

Legal Disclaimer: CDIA's teleseminars are educational in nature and do not represent legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.
    • By Simon3
      can any one tell me which bureaus does the Wells Fargo Business Platinum card report to
    • By MarvBear
      CARES+Act+Post-Accommodation+Reporting+Guidance.pdf

I have no idea if this will be of assistance to anyone.  It's full of links that are accessible.

Happy reading.

Important Information

Guidelines