What did you get in the email today?

credit_help

9 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Centex thank you so much.

I should add that I did NOT go to the Court's website to review the history of your particular case being followed, but if I saw that sort of an entry on a local database, that would be my first guess as to what had occurred. 

Chase keeps pelting me with a $200 bonus for opening a new checking account, to the email associated with my current checking account, with fine print indicating the offer is not open to current checking customers.

Presumably that means me? Who is this solicitation for? I could easily get it and collect the SUB there with little effort but ... I don't think I can?

On 5/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, cv91915 said:

We’re writing to let you know that effective today, the rate on our Marcus high-yield Online Savings Account has been adjusted down to 1.30% from 1.55% APY.

We understand that this isn’t welcome news. During this unprecedented time, please know that the rate on our Marcus Online Savings Account remains highly competitive with an APY that’s still 4X the national average. You can rest assured that we continue our commitment to providing value and helping your money grow.

Well that's weak sauce.

I found this via search as I know Marcus has been discussed here in length.  I'm looking into an additional HYSA, but perhaps the current climate is just best to sit in place and not chase a quarter point for the trouble (and likely drop in rate anyhow).  Interesting though that they still say 1.6% for new accounts...

3 minutes ago, Big Bear said:

Well that's weak sauce.

I found this via search as I know Marcus has been discussed here in length.  I'm looking into an additional HYSA, but perhaps the current climate is just best to sit in place and not chase a quarter point for the trouble (and likely drop in rate anyhow).  Interesting though that they still say 1.6% for new accounts...

I opened an account at Live Oak Bank a couple of years ago, and they're consistently the best APY of my liquid savings accounts (1.55% right now).  They've also been consistently slower to lower rates in response to market conditions than other banks I use.

I am constantly annoyed by a couple of specific, minor things (they 2FA me constantly from the same device, browser and IP, for example), but it's not enough to close my highest-yielding liquid account.

58 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I opened an account at Live Oak Bank a couple of years ago, and they're consistently the best APY of my liquid savings accounts (1.55% right now).  They've also been consistently slower to lower rates in response to market conditions than other banks I use.

I am constantly annoyed by a couple of specific, minor things (they 2FA me constantly from the same device, browser and IP, for example), but it's not enough to close my highest-yielding liquid account.

:lol:

As if on cue...  

o1DZHQq.png

email from HOA that

Since CIT’s banking unit acquired Mutual of Omaha Bank in January, they have been working to transition our experience to the CIT brand. We’re excited to share that over the next several weeks, you’ll begin to see those changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.

www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com

I'm putting both of my Ooma bills on the FU for two months, which will yield $30 back on ~$20 in total purchases.

Special Offer: Earn 3,000 bonus points

Get 3,000 bonus points when you activate this offer and pay four bills with your Chase Freedom Unlimited® card from July 1 - September 30, 2020 in select categories:*

KNueMz5.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 12:49 PM, NorCalR1 said:

I have a couple N95 masks and will be flying out to LA soon. Hope I don't run sit near any passengers that once we have left the gate, take their masks off. I do expect the flight to be full. 

A question may be a profound vital important to you...

Sooner or later you will get thirsty, by not taking off the face mask,  how do you drink during prolonged flights without being exposed to other passengers? Do you have a strategy to ensure your safety?

On 6/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, Kat58 said:

Barclaycard Ring MC

nb9oXxH.jpg?1

Hey Kat!  :D

This proves that you can make full use of Barclays on the Flagship Ring Card. On this basis, you are a distinguished customer. Congrats!

I hope Barclays will extend the olive branch to many old customers who owe money and welcome them to restore their good reputation. In some people's view, the blackballing trend of dissatisfaction will be similar to the treatment of credit unions. Unless your past debts have been paid off, there will be no exceptions, but wait, what if Barclays hire Mr. Fairbank as CEO then what?

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

A question may be a profound vital important to you...

Sooner or later you will get thirsty, by not taking off the face mask,  how do you drink during prolonged flights without being exposed to other passengers? Do you have a strategy to ensure your safety?

Provocateur.