Financial CHOICE Act Would Harm Servicemembers

hegemony

The last post in this topic was posted 2059 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Great article, Hege!

I'm well aware of USA Discounters and also our CB-favorite Navy Federal and their scumbag tactics. Like them, there are numerous others who prey on servicemembers knowing they can be an easy touch.

Even though DoD regulations generally prevent commanders from getting involved in subordinates' credit issues, the CFPB puts teeth in those otherwise wimpy regulations. Although I'm no great fan of the CFPB because, I feel, they are too lax, gutting them would be a huge mistake. Very huge.

Great article, Hege!

I'm well aware of USA Discounters and also our CB-favorite Navy Federal and their scumbag tactics. Like them, there are numerous others who prey on servicemembers knowing they can be an easy touch.

Even though DoD regulations generally prevent commanders from getting involved in subordinates' credit issues, the CFPB puts teeth in those otherwise wimpy regulations. Although I'm no great fan of the CFPB because, I feel, they are too lax, gutting them would be a huge mistake. Very huge.

+1,000 my friend.

Great article, Hege!

+1,000 my friend.

Let's hope that logic and common sense will prevail.

Should it not, it is up to the states to get their act together and fill the void.

Disgusting. Totally effing disgusting.

And then we have the several millions of dollars in legal bribes.

The email I sent my rep and senators would violate CB's TOS.

Well done.

I've done the same. Good thing profanity in e-mail is not illegal. :)

Disgusting. Totally effing disgusting.

And then we have the several millions of dollars in legal bribes.

The email I sent my rep and senators would violate CB's TOS.

Well done.

I've done the same. Good thing profanity in e-mail is not illegal. :)

:wave:

Until the electorate wake up and demand publicly funded elections, we the people will continue to pay for our own enslavery to special interests via legislation that benefits no one but the entity/ies who bankrolled its enactment.

And if anyone thinks they are not currently paying for privately funded elections via bad legislation and policies that give campaign donors 5000% return on their bribes, *ahem investments, hit me up with a PM. I've got a bridge in UT with your name on it for the right price...

The last post in this topic was posted 2059 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.