Response From North American Credit Services Inc. - For review by WhyChat

The last post in this topic was posted 1820 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I only have this one medical collection and so I have followed the steps from the CRA dispute and then the follow up DV to the collection agency. I will type below the response I received as I am clueless as to how to respond. My honest opinion is that I believe that if they had the information requested, they would not have had a problem sending again even though I do not recall ever getting this information in the first place. The last time I would have disputed this medical account would have been over a year ago so I still don't see the relevance in this reply and the lack of sending what was requested...their response was as follows:

Lukegotswag

Address

RE:

Account #:

Debt #:

Balance: $907

Dear LukeGotSwag,

Our office is in receipt of your letter of dispute and request for verification. However, our records indicate we have previously provided you with the documentation your requested (which i never recall). Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and/or the Fair Credit Reporting Act, there is no duty to provide documentation multiple times or provide verification after the validation period under the FDCPA has expired. As we have preiviously fulfilled our duty to provide you with verification, we will not respond to any such requests in the future.

Sincerely,

JDB Administrator

Phone #

Collection Dept

Wondering where do I go from here as I honestly feel like this response is from someone with a chip on their shoulder...or maybe its just my too deep thinking. Do I have any recourse here? Thanks in advance for any response.

I did not see your original post in this forum.

Did you follow the guides??

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

You say you sent the initial dispute letter to the CRAs?

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

None of the CRAs deleted???

You then sent the medical DV to the CA?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

Did you send the follow up dispute to the CRAs?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

It is pointless to give any credence to a response from a CA unless it was a very recent medical account and the CA responded with full and recent account data. The response you received is standard boilerplate and not to be taken seriously.

What was the date of the medical service?? Is it reporting to all 3 CRAs??

I did not see your original post in this forum.

Sorry about that WhyChat. I did not post anything when I started this process. This was my original post in reference to this.

Did you follow the guides??

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

You say you sent the initial dispute letter to the CRAs?

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

I did send this using the Microsoft Word version where I typed everything in the blue font per instructions. I only sent to Equifax as it was the only bureau this is being reported to.

None of the CRAs deleted???

You then sent the medical DV to the CA?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

I did send the Medical DV to the CA and what I posted above is my response.

Did you send the follow up dispute to the CRAs?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

This Sir is where it appears I dropped the ball. I did not send the follow up dispute...running around so much this way I absolutely forgot to send it off once I seen the DV was received. Looks like if I did, it would have still gotten to them after they apparently composed this reply. Ironically, however, they typed their reply to my DV on the day it was received. I sent it on May 30, 2017 and they received it on June 1, 2017. The date of my reply is June 1, 2017 and I received it in the mail yesterday, June 3, 2017. Looks like they made it priority to reply while still not sending what I requested.

It is pointless to give any credence to a response from a CA unless it was a very recent medical account and the CA responded with full and recent account data. The response you received is standard boilerplate and not to be taken seriously.

This makes me hopeful.

What was the date of the medical service?? Is it reporting to all 3 CRAs??

Data of medical service was sometime early in 2015. It was never reporting to all 3...only Equifax.

2015?? Is this a valid bill?? Did you have insurance?? If so do you have your EOMB from your insurance showing what was billed, what was allowed, what was paid and what if anything was left as patient responsibility?? I doubt very much that this is a valid bill as if it is only reporting to Eq it is probably NOT

Send the follow up dispute to Eq

2015?? Is this a valid bill?? Did you have insurance?? If so do you have your EOMB from your insurance showing what was billed, what was allowed, what was paid and what if anything was left as patient responsibility?? I doubt very much that this is a valid bill as if it is only reporting to Eq it is probably NOT

Send the follow up dispute to Eq

I will fire off the follow up dispute to EQ first thing in the morn. No insurance at the time and I recall going to ER once due to having a scare due to dizziness and rapid heartbeat... only thing that was done was being hooked up to EKG and basic vitals. It may have reported to Transunion in the past before I cleaned it up.. not totally sure, however, I just doubled back around and figured I would take another shot at it a year later, however, I still do not recall them sending me any sort of validation even back then. I can't see me not coming on here and asking what to do next. Please advise further, but in the meantime, I will fire off the follow up to EQ tomorrow.

I can't believe that you had NO insurance coverage for what must have been a VERY expensive ER visit in 2015. Are you SURE you aren't/weren't covered by Medicare/Medicaid or some kind of coverage?? $907 would have been about 20% of the normal charges for the services you said you received.

I can't believe that you had NO insurance coverage for what must have been a VERY expensive ER visit in 2015. Are you SURE you aren't/weren't covered by Medicare/Medicaid or some kind of coverage?? $907 would have been about 20% of the normal charges for the services you said you received.

Thanks WhyChat. That is correct in that I was not covered at that time. Only thing I recall clearer is the wait was definitely longer than the time I was in the back, which I believe was probably less than an hour. smh. Either way I'm hoping the follow up dispute gains me some ground here.

Thanks WhyChat. That is correct in that I was not covered at that time. Only thing I recall clearer is the wait was definitely longer than the time I was in the back, which I believe was probably less than an hour. smh. Either way I'm hoping the follow up dispute gains me some ground here.

Well I certainly hope you have insurance NOW!! It is POSSIBLE that you were automatically entered into some kind of indigent program or that somehow your billing information got mixed up in their billing office. Have you obtained RECENT REAL credit reports??

• 3 weeks later...

Well I certainly hope you have insurance NOW!! It is POSSIBLE that you were automatically entered into some kind of indigent program or that somehow your billing information got mixed up in their billing office. Have you obtained RECENT REAL credit reports??

Recent real reports....Yes. Just grabbed this year's reports from annualcreditreport.com not long ago. So I finally got that follow-up to Equifax fired off. In the event this does not budge after this specific dispute, what would be next on the road map. Under contract for mortgage scheduled to close on August 28 and this is a thorn in my side. I obviously would like it deleted as a whole so as to get the total maximum points from this as opposed to it being a paid collection or any other variation. Thanks in advance for all your advice being offered here.

Make sure you are still opted out. It is when you are getting ready to close on a mortgage that the vulture scam scum JDBs try to poison your reports.

Awesome tip. How do I verify that this is still in place. I know I don't get pre-approval offers from people unless its a company we have accounts with. For instance, we have Capital One cards and always get their mailer about being pre-approved for auto financing. Other than not getting pre-approvals, what is the best way to verify this?

Make sure you are still opted out. It is when you are getting ready to close on a mortgage that the vulture scam scum JDBs try to poison your reports.

Awesome tip. How do I verify that this is still in place. I know I don't get pre-approval offers from people unless its a company we have accounts with. For instance, we have Capital One cards and always get their mailer about being pre-approved for auto financing. Other than not getting pre-approvals, what is the best way to verify this?

Opting out again is the easiest way to make sure. When did you send the follow up dispute to Eq?? 3 days ago?? You should have some kind of response within the next 10 days. If not, check the Eq back door. If it is ONLY reporting to Eq and they still do not delete you have an additional step you can take.

• 2 weeks later...

The last post in this topic was posted 1820 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.