Sign in to follow this  
deanmartini

Hilton & Amex Are Entering Into An Exclusive Credit Card Agreement In 2018

In yesterday's mail I received a card agreement from Citi for my current Hilton card.

I did not request this.

6vscruY.png

Just got the notice in the mail. In the highlighted section, says your citi hilton honors card is being transferred to american express.

Also says below that in some situations your account may not be transferred to american express.

On the last page, if your account is closed or not in good standing as of Jan 2018, then your account will not be transferred.

So, seems that if your account is in good standing and not closed, your going to get a amex hilton card in Jan

I would think limits remain intact, as there would be no reason to change them during the transition, but I will be watching as I don't know how amex will respond once their credit risk dept starts looking at overall exposure.

I have the Citi Hilton Visa now. What happens on transition day if today I get the current entry-level Amex Hilton (for 50,000 Hilton points)? Will I have two of the same card?

I have the Citi Hilton Visa now. What happens on transition day if today I get the current entry-level Amex Hilton (for 50,000 Hilton points)? Will I have two of the same card?

I have the AMEX Surpass, and the Citi Hilton. I asked the exact same question. I was told I would end up with both the Surpass and the regular Amex Hilton. Per Amex.

I received my "New Card Experience Coming Soon" package from Amex Hilton yesterday since I have had the Citi Hilton for 2.5 years. So it looks like I'll be getting my 2nd Amex now..

My current Amex is the Zync card with a $500 limit. Until now, I haven't been able to get another Amex because of the Zync limit. No one discusses it anymore here. FICO's are 700 so too low to get another Amex so far when I've applied the past 4 years.

Still not holding my breath I'll get the new Amex Hilton card in January..

I received my "New Card Experience Coming Soon" package from Amex Hilton yesterday since I have had the Citi Hilton for 2.5 years. So it looks like I'll be getting my 2nd Amex now..

My current Amex is the Zync card with a $500 limit. Until now, I haven't been able to get another Amex because of the Zync limit. No one discusses it anymore here. FICO's are 700 so too low to get another Amex so far when I've applied the past 4 years.

FICOs have nothing to do with why you can't get an AMEX.

In the first mailer that went out, notifying Citi Hilton cardholders that their card is being replaced with an AMEX Hilton, on page 3 in the cardmember agreement in the upper right corner, it says "Account Ending In XXXXX". This the 5 digit AMEX number. Apparently, the card is already setup and just needs to be mailed out.

So long as your in good standing with Citi Hilton, the card will be mailed out soon.

The only question I have but neither Citi or AMEX can give a straight answer on is whether the credit line will remain intact once the transfer is complete. Citi and AMEX probably do not see eye to eye on credit risk management and may adjust credit lines up or down as needed based on the strength of the file and/or payment patterns.

FICOs have nothing to do with why you can't get an AMEX.

+1

I had 8 Amex cards at the same time when my EX 08 was 660.

In the first mailer that went out, notifying Citi Hilton cardholders that their card is being replaced with an AMEX Hilton, on page 3 in the cardmember agreement in the upper right corner, it says "Account Ending In XXXXX". This the 5 digit AMEX number. Apparently, the card is already setup and just needs to be mailed out.

So long as your in good standing with Citi Hilton, the card will be mailed out soon.

The only question I have but neither Citi or AMEX can give a straight answer on is whether the credit line will remain intact once the transfer is complete. Citi and AMEX probably do not see eye to eye on credit risk management and may adjust credit lines up or down as needed based on the strength of the file and/or payment patterns.

I found the 5 digit AMEX number so that is great news! Thank you for this info. The Citi account (and my current Amex account is also my oldest account from 1984) have always been in good standing. I'll monitor what they do with the $7k credit line I currently have with Citi when the new card comes from Amex.

I got the official email from Amex yesterday about my Surpass:

It is our pleasure to share with you some exciting news about upcoming enhancements to your Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express.
As we celebrate our decades-long relationship with Hilton and as the new exclusive issuer of Hilton Honors Cards, we are excited to announce an expansion of our Card benefits. These changes will provide more ways for you to enjoy your Card benefits, whether you are at home or traveling abroad. With this continued partnership, we look forward to delivering exceptional experiences, services and value to our Hilton Honors Card Members.
Beginning January 18, 2018, your Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express will become the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card and will include the following new benefits:
76612_17-AMX-0199_HCo_noFX.png
No Foreign Transaction Fees
Use your Card on your purchases when traveling abroad without the worry of foreign transactions fees.1
76612_17-AMX-0199_HCo_FreeNight.png
Weekend Night Rewards from Hilton Honors
Get one-step closer to your next getaway and earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
76612_17-AMX-0199_HCo_Lounge.png
Priority Pass Select Membership with 10 Free Visits
Wherever your travels take you, enjoy access to 1000+ airport lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Select membership. In addition, you now receive 10 free lounge visits each year, after which you pay $27 per person per visit. You will not need to take any action to receive this benefit, and, can start enjoying the 10 complimentary visits beginning January 18, 2018 by using your existing Priority Pass membership card.
You can begin enjoying your new Hilton Honors Ascend Card benefits on January 18, 2018. Your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card will have a new annual fee of $95 and your annual fee will not change until your annual renewal date on or after February 2, 2018.
Wherever you go, you will continue to be backed by the service and security of American Express and the hospitality of Hilton Honors. Be on the lookout for more information on all your new benefits in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued Card Membership.

I am considering doing a PC to the Aspire. The $250 airline credit and $250 Hilton resort statement credit make the AF worth it IMO. Diamond status is certainly not worth what it once was, but that is something to consider and something that I might be able to use to leverage elite status in other programs.

The reasons I would PC are that I am already at the max (5 cards) number of revolvers and my Surpass is also D* to 1992.

BTW, I don't expect to hear anyone saying that Amex is on the decline and referring to Costco and Jet Blue after what they pulled off with Hilton and Marriott/SPG. :rofl:

BTW, I don't expect to hear anyone saying that Amex is on the decline and referring to Costco and Jet Blue after what they pulled off with Hilton and Marriott/SPG. :rofl:

Yeah, well, they just pulled the plug on the Plenti card too. :lol:

Yeah, well, they just pulled the plug on the Plenti card too. :lol:

:yahoo:

Sounds like they stopped chasing Millenials, and are going back to their current and upcoming silver fox generations.

Good.

I'm more than a little surprised by the news I received via USPS today, since I already had:

$49,500 SPG

$35,000 Platinum POT line, plus NPSL line of ?

$17,500 Blue Sky

$15,000 BCE

$15,000 EveryDay

This puts me at total exposure with Amex at $213,000 plus ?.

AmRLadO.jpg

Cash advance limit is $900. :lol:

nice!!! I only wished I had hit citi for more CLI on mine before the account moving.

I will be watching for your post after you attempt to combine limits, hopefully successfully.

nice!!! I only wished I had hit citi for more CLI on mine before the account moving.

I will be watching for your post after you attempt to combine limits, hopefully successfully.

my BCP (opened in 1993 :lol: ) is 56k and citi hilton 28k IIRC. My other limits with amex are much lower as my last 4506-t effort went into a space-time wormhole.

Woah. CV, was that your limit that you had with Citi?

With the 4506 bs as of late I'm hoping my full line carries over and is able to be reallocated. (I may nix the card and chase a SUB on the Ascend card once we have more details).

Woah. CV, was that your limit that you had with Citi?

With the 4506 bs as of late I'm hoping my full line carries over and is able to be reallocated. (I may nix the card and chase a SUB on the Ascend card once we have more details).

Yes.

I am wondering if 13 statements will have to pass before this limit is portable.

Not counting the POT line on the Platinum I will have $178,000 across five revolving Amices. I'd like to get one up to $99,500 (I think this is the max unless you are tophie).

The only reason I've kept the Citi card open is because it's my highest single-card limit, and I'm looking forward to harvesting this within the Amex product line... and also opening up some new Citi cards (are there any I want?) since my exposure with them will be going to $0.

o2nKXVB.png

I have as well been looking to see if CITI has any cards i want. Hilton was my only Citi card so my portfolio is $0 as well. Nothing on their card portfolio jumps out at me.

I have as well been looking to see if CITI has any cards i want. Hilton was my only Citi card so my portfolio is $0 as well. Nothing on their card portfolio jumps out at me.

It's been a couple of years since I had a TY Premier. No SUB listed on Citi's site, so that ain't gonna work...