Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Can a CA report a debt as a "paid collection" to the CRA if the OC was paid before the original debt was listed on your credit report?

The last post in this topic was posted 1248 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi Guys & Gals!

This is somewhat of a complex question that I am curious about, I hope this makes sense.

Can the collection agency report a debt as a "paid collection" on your credit report if you paid the debt off with OC before it was ever listed on your credit report?

Lets say I paid my OC the full balance of my past due account before it even hits my credit report but that account was already sent to a collection agency. So once the OC notifies the CA that the debt is paid in full can the collection agency still report my payment as a "paid collection" on my credit report if the debt was never listed on my credit report in the first place.

Thanks!

I actually had a similar issue. Mine was already with a CA and I paid the OC. I had to contact the OC a few times before the CA deleted it but they did delete it.

I believe that's one of the first rules in credit repair, pay the OC if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Guys & Gals!

This is somewhat of a complex question that I am curious about, I hope this makes sense.

Can the collection agency report a debt as a "paid collection" on your credit report if you paid the debt off with OC before it was ever listed on your credit report?

Lets say I paid my OC the full balance of my past due account before it even hits my credit report but that account was already sent to a collection agency. So once the OC notifies the CA that the debt is paid in full can the collection agency still report my payment as a "paid collection" on my credit report if the debt was never listed on my credit report in the first place.

Thanks!

No, they can't.

Read this thread: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=538754

The last post in this topic was posted 1248 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.