Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Where to find TRUE credit score?

The last post in this topic was posted 1233 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Where to find a true credit score, can you receive when you requestion FREE Annual Credit Report?

Do you have to pay for this true score?

When Mortgage companies run your tri-score are these TRUE scores?

There are multiple true FICO scores.

Free sources: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=519290

CCT will give you all 3 FICO 8 scores.

MF 3B will give you FICO 8 as well as older scoring models including mortgage FICOs.

Ok so it appears I need to open an account or join one of these credit unions.. I am the process of trying to purchase a home and clean up any other suggestions to find these TRUE scores?

MF 3B will give you FICO 8 as well as older scoring models including mortgage FICOs.

Ok so it appears I need to open an account or join one of these credit unions.. I am the process of trying to purchase a home and clean up any other suggestions to find these TRUE scores?

I already told you CCT or MF.

Buy a MF 3B if you are looking for mortgage scores.

I've hawked my credit scores and reports for the past 3 years, weekly at least, and MyFico scores never matched what I would receive from the financial institutions when being denied or gaining credit. The financial institutions scores are ALWAYS lower than any I could find online or on paper. Its a shady racket.

I would say order your scores from the credit reporting agencies directly and go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've hawked my credit scores and reports for the past 3 years, weekly at least, and MyFico scores never matched what I would receive from the financial institutions when being denied or gaining credit. The financial institutions scores are ALWAYS lower than any I could find online or on paper. Its a shady racket.

I would say order your scores from the credit reporting agencies directly and go from there.

This is not accurate.

You need to get your FICO scores and CRA's do not give a mortgage FICO if it's even a FICO .

As Mendelssohn pointed out your mortgage scores are included in your 3B from MF.

As far as a "TRUE" score I'm not sure what you mean. There is no one "true" score.

Definitely do not order them from the CRAs.

That's a good way to end up with FAKOs.

Nope. Neither TU and EQ give FICO scores and you pay a whole lot for nothing useful. Experian will give you FICO 08 which isn't helpful for a mortgage.

There are a TON of FICO scores and a lending institution can use any version they wish. Sure, there are commonly used versions...but that doesn't stop a bank from using something different...including non-FICO scores.

I already told you CCT or MF.

Buy a MF 3B if you are looking for mortgage scores.

I know you did but quite frankly I don't know what a CCT or an MF stands for so I am lost..

No to all of the above.

No to all of the above.

NO

No to all of the above.

NO

Sorry, but everything you posted there is incorrect.

You can get the FICO scores used by lenders. You need to know which scoring models they use and where to get them. If you ask which FICO lenders use on CB, someone will tell you. We also have a master free FICO thread that lists the sources for specific scoring models.

If you buy scores directly from the CRAs, you will end up with part or all FAKOs.

Edited by mendelssohn

To clarify the acronyms he means MyFico and CreditCheckTotal

On a related note, isn't CCT an arm of experian? Do we know for certain it's not experian giving us fakos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a related note, isn't CCT an arm of experian? Do we know for certain it's not experian giving us fakos?

Yes, we know.

Yes, we know.

While we're on the topic - one thing about CCT - will it give me updated scores on demand or is it just every month?

Yes, we know.
While we're on the topic - one thing about CCT - will it give me updated scores on demand or is it just every month?

EX Updates every day TU,EQ once a month.

Edited by bigpoppa09

Yes, we know.

CCT gives your FICO 08 EX score and "report" daily.

It allows you to pull the other 2 once per month for no additional cost.

I have used CCT for a good while now and I prefer it over MF.

I recently subscribed to MF and it seems totally random as to when it updates the scores. It has things that will trigger it to update but those triggers are not the cause of the score change.

It took 3 days after CCT for MF to update my EX.

MF is more expensive as well but you do get a lot of the different FICO scoring models not just FICO 08

IMO CCT > MF

When Mortgage companies run your tri-score are these TRUE scores?

Don't fixate on "true". As stated above, there are many "true" scores that aren't going to match what your mortgage lender will pull for you. The relevance of a score to a given creditor and product is what matters. You need to know which model & CRA a creditor will pull and then go pull that specific score if available. For mortgage scores, myFICO is probably your best bet.

I've hawked my credit scores and reports for the past 3 years, weekly at least, and MyFico scores never matched what I would receive from the financial institutions when being denied or gaining credit.

There are 2 possible explanations for that. One is that the scoring model used by the creditor wasn't the same as the scoring model you were getting from myFICO. If the models were the same it's also possible that the data in the report changed between the time that the scores were generated. You always need to be aware of both the model and the CRA used to generate a score and you cannot assume that scores generated by different models and/or generated based on different CRA's and/or differences in report data should result in the same number.

Its a shady racket.

Ignorance of how something works doesn't make it a racket. There's plenty of info out there on how all this works including prior threads here and other resources. We're certainly willing to help if you're willing to learn.

Definitely do not do this for reasons already stated above. Most creditors use one of the FICO models in credit decisions. FICO is not a product of the CRA's though in some cases it is possible to get a FICO from a CRA. The CRA's are responsible for maintaining your reports. Again, you need to play close attention to the specific model and not assume that all scoring models should produce the same results.

Edited by takeshi

Thanks guys I am glad I asked I had no idea. I stated why I wanted to know i.e.; trying to get a mortgage. I want to know how close I possibly am as some require 620 scores. I'm just so lost what to do anymore...

I been trying to get these things removed from my credit and they are not budging I have done all the methods here. I don't know if I should settle and pay -- if I do I set the clock back on it being on my report. I am so frustrated, to say the least I have hired credit repair after repair and I can't waste any more money..

Thanks guys I am glad I asked I had no idea. I stated why I wanted to know i.e.; trying to get a mortgage. I want to know how close I possibly am as some require 620 scores. I'm just so lost what to do anymore...

I been trying to get these things removed from my credit and they are not budging I have done all the methods here. I don't know if I should settle and pay -- if I do I set the clock back on it being on my report. I am so frustrated, to say the least I have hired credit repair after repair and I can't waste any more money..

First on "credit scores" and applying for a mortgage -- Fair Isaac is the creator of the FICO scoring model, and the vast majority of lenders use some flavor of FICO in their lending decisioning. FICO is a proprietary algorithm, and Fair Isaac charges a fee to use their scoring model -- but anyone can pull a number out of the air and call it a "credit score", and many web sites offer a "credit score" (notice that they don't call it a "FICO score") as an enticement to get you to sign up for the site. These non-FICO credit scores are commonly referred to as "credit skores" or "FAKO's" (fake FICO's). If a "credit score" is not explicitly labeled as a FICO score, it's a FAKO.

Fair Isaac makes several versions of the FICO model, tuned for different markets -- credit cards, auto loans, mortgages, etc -- and your scores can vary significantly between models (e.g. my girlfriend's "regular" FICO scores are about 50 points lower than mine -- but her automotive FICO scores are higher than mine because she's had several car loans while I've had none). So when applying for credit, it's important to know which specific scoring model, and which credit bureau the lender will be looking at. For mortgages, the score that the vast majority of lenders use is available to consumers thru myFICO.com, as part of their 3-Bureau credit score and report.

Along with there being differences in the actual content of your credit reports, each of the CRA's (credit reporting agencies) uses a different FICO model (you commonly see them referred to as FICO-4, FICO-II(2), and Beacon). If your scores are borderline, this can be important. Many lenders look at all three scores and base their decision and rate on your middle score. But some lenders always use a specific CRA/score. That's why it's important to know your score for all three reports.

On your remaining derogatories - you might end up with some items that you'll simply have to wait out. But if you start a thread with the specifics of each item, we might be able to suggest something you haven't tried.

Edited by JeffeVerde

First on "credit scores" and applying for a mortgage -- Fair Isaac is the creator of the FICO scoring model, and the vast majority of lenders use some flavor of FICO in their lending decisioning. FICO is a proprietary algorithm, and Fair Isaac charges a fee to use their scoring model -- but anyone can pull a number out of the air and call it a "credit score", and many web sites offer a "credit score" (notice that they don't call it a "FICO score") as an enticement to get you to sign up for the site. These non-FICO credit scores are commonly referred to as "credit skores" or "FAKO's" (fake FICO's). If a "credit score" is not explicitly labeled as a FICO score, it's a FAKO.

Fair Isaac makes several versions of the FICO model, tuned for different markets -- credit cards, auto loans, mortgages, etc -- and your scores can vary significantly between models (e.g. my girlfriend's "regular" FICO scores are about 50 points lower than mine -- but her automotive FICO scores are higher than mine because she's had several car loans while I've had none). So when applying for credit, it's important to know which specific scoring model, and which credit bureau the lender will be looking at. For mortgages, the score that the vast majority of lenders use is available to consumers thru myFICO.com, as part of their 3-Bureau credit score and report.

Along with there being differences in the actual content of your credit reports, each of the CRA's (credit reporting agencies) uses a different FICO model (you commonly see them referred to as FICO-4, FICO-II(2), and Beacon). If your scores are borderline, this can be important. Many lenders look at all three scores and base their decision and rate on your middle score. But some lenders always use a specific CRA/score. That's why it's important to know your score for all three reports.

On your remaining derogatories - you might end up with some items that you'll simply have to wait out. But if you start a thread with the specifics of each item, we might be able to suggest something you haven't tried.

Thanks Jeff I am going to do that I am beyond frustrated here.. I pulled the CCT and its not close where I need to be...

For clarification, if you are looking at a MF 3B report for these scores, look for FICO 2 (EX 98), FICO 4 (TU 04) and FICO 5 (EQ 04).

For clarification, if you are looking at a MF 3B report for these scores, look for FICO 2 (EX 98), FICO 4 (TU 04) and FICO 5 (EQ 04).

I did not go with MF I went with creditchecktotal and my scores are EX 517 TU 577 EQ 552 it says FICO score 8?

The last post in this topic was posted 1233 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.