Sign in to follow this  
ICANHASMUNY?

windows 10 updates ? popup windows flashing

ever since Windows latest update, the computer has been flashing some pop up screen which almost instantaneously disappears

or do I have malware?

happens while I'm browsing , opening a new page every website

I think due to the update, it's windows defender running even though my antivirus took it over previously

You think maybe it's 2 AV programs at the same time?

I was reading about how careful we have to be with java updates - said to go to the actual site to update, because they stick other programs in if you use the popup notice to update.

it's just a flash - I can't ever read it it's so quick just there an gone, and no notifications in the panel

Probably a terminal window. I have one whenever my HP scanner background process is running. It checks the network for the scanner presence and seems to be some sort of recovery if a glitch breaks the port connection to the scanner. Pops up every hour or so. Harmless if a bit annoying. I tracked the culprit down using ProcessExplorer which will log all the crap that is running and time stamp it. Then just note the time it occurs and wade through the log list. You can get it at:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx

Great set of tools for tracking down weird stuff.

Oh just dawned on me - that's what my grrrrrrrr post was about. It's a terminal window opening once an hour when some process starts. Lots of complaints to M S, so maybe they fixed it with this last update. When I complained, the only solution was to turn it off or move it to the system rather than the user.