Easiest Approval Card's (non secured)

Hanshi

The last post in this topic was posted 2015 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello I need some help please with information on easy or easier to easy Non Secured cards to help build up as my available credit is very low across the board my 4 cards are at 2700.00 with 5% Utilization.

I had a Bk about 7 years ago, my FICO's average around 640 and I have 5 collection accounts which im working on getting taken care of. But they are there.

Have

Kohls

Quicksilver One

Merrick Bank

Thanks

Edited by Hanshi

Why not secured cards?

The right secured card can be a good choice.

Another thing to consider would be a second Capital One, the Platinum card (if your Quicksilver One is at least 6 months old). You can combine them down the road to get the limit higher.

You will want to dump the Merrick when you are eligible for better cards.

How old are your collection accounts and what kind of accounts are they?

That could be an important factor in your decision to get some cards now or to wait for a few months to have much better options.

You could probably get some store cards, but that can be a bad decision for your credit depending on some of these other factors.

That could be an important factor in your decision to get some cards now or to wait for a few months to have much better options.

You could probably get some store cards, but that can be a bad decision for your credit depending on some of these other factors.

I agree with mec and think long term and not burn up your inquiries on toy cards and cards that won't benefit you in a long run (including non secure cards with annual fee).

I'd work on the negatives and lower your utilization and get it cleaned up before applying for better cards. I know it's tempting to just start applying but don't make the same mistake like I did (too many toy cards for one).

Hello I need some help please with information on easy or easier to easy Non Secured cards to help build up as my available credit is very low across the board my 4 cards are at 2700.00 with 5% Utilization.

I had a Bk about 7 years ago, my FICO's average around 640 and I have 5 collection accounts which im working on getting taken care of. But they are there.

Have

Kohls

Quicksilver One

Merrick Bank

Thanks

Hi, I'm in a very similar situation with the same fico, although all my baddies have been settled. I opened a bunch of secured cards last year all with toy limits for the most part, but the secureds I opened where all with banks I actually want long term, I opened Discover, Wells, US Bank, Citi...recently my scores have jumped from 477 last year to 640ish presently, disappointed with the pace of which my secureds have graduated or lack thereof I recently went on a mini app spree for unsecured cards and here are my results.

Overstock Store Card -250

Amazon Store Card-400

Paypal Credit- 250

Jetblue Mastercard- denied

Bank of America Rewards-denied

Hope this helps to provide a snapshot

Edited by mannyj

The collections are from 2014 all cards but are in the process of getting cleaned up, slow process.

The Quicksilver One is 3 years old and I just started using it. Will apply for a CLI just trying to figure out when? I was planning on since I had this for so long and just started paying the annual fee, to put a decent amount on it and pay it off monthly and get CLIs. Then at AF time upgrade it to a regular Quicksilver.

I was thinking of another Capital One but had a charge off with them so don't want a denial. But can do a coin flip.

I agree with quality cards and should of been more clear in my post. But it was 4am and my intention.

I rather stay away from store cards as they will get closed from non use.

Plan B would be a Secured card that will upgrade. But still rather not tie cash up into it.

Im open to any and all advice and appreciate what you have given.

Edited by Hanshi

I would recommend at least one more major credit card. If you go the secured route, look into one that graduates and/or a partially secured card. You can also talk to your bank or a credit union to see what the requirements would be for an unsecured card. Make sure you check the credit pulls database to see what type of accounts people are getting approved for with scores similar to yours.

What are the current limits on each of your accounts? Kohl's goes up to $3,000.00 and you can request CLI every 3 months or so. Capital One every six months and if you haven't gotten one in at least 6 months, I would try for one now. If they say no, continue to use the card and try again in a month or two.

Regarding the collections are you paying in exchange for deletion or some other method? What is the DOD and are any due to drop off soon?

The last post in this topic was posted 2015 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.