How to get a public record removed from your credit report

blake10

The last post in this topic was posted 844 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm running into a wall with EX.

I got the address deleted that was tied to the BK.

I froze and opted out of LN and the other half dozen data miners.

I disputed with EX and it came back as verified.

I sent them an MOV.

Their response was that they had a 3rd. party certify to them that the BK was correct but did not supply any information who the 3rd. party was.

They told me to refer to my credit report for the furnisher or public records office name. That would be the courthouse.

I sent a follow up letter a few weeks ago stating that I spoke with the clerk of courts and they DO NOT report to any CRA so you need to tell me how you verified this information or remove it.

I told them that they were in violation and they had 15 days to respond or I was filing a formal complaint with the CFPB and I would start to initiate a civil complaint against them.

I am waiting for their response. I sent everything CMRR.

My TU & EQ are completely clean :grin:

I will be interested to see your results because I am going to do the same thing soon.

Keep us posted.

I'm running into a wall with EX.

I got the address deleted that was tied to the BK.

I froze and opted out of LN and the other half dozen data miners.

I disputed with EX and it came back as verified.

I sent them an MOV.

Their response was that they had a 3rd. party certify to them that the BK was correct but did not supply any information who the 3rd. party was.

They told me to refer to my credit report for the furnisher or public records office name. That would be the courthouse.

I sent a follow up letter a few weeks ago stating that I spoke with the clerk of courts and they DO NOT report to any CRA so you need to tell me how you verified this information or remove it.

I told them that they were in violation and they had 15 days to respond or I was filing a formal complaint with the CFPB and I would start to initiate a civil complaint against them.

I am waiting for their response. I sent everything CMRR.

My TU & EQ are completely clean :grin:

I will be interested to see your results because I am going to do the same thing soon.

Keep us posted.

I just received my response yesterday.

The BK remains with the same vanilla response.

"The company that reported the information has certified to Experian that the information is accurate. This item was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute."

They are in clear violation of FCRA 611(a)(6)(B(iii) that states:

“A description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available.”

None of that was done after 2 request for MOV.

I'm just glad I sent everything CMRR and I have a paper trial of their ignorance.

Now I am on my way to file a CFPB complaint against them. I will keep everyone posted.

Edited by steelers1

it sounds like you might have jumped in before really knowing enough about what to do and why you do it.

opt out + freeze is vital because they each cover different products.

LN has lots of products they provide to different companies.

you call them up and request a security freeze over the phone. they mail you a PIN.

opt out requires a police report for ID theft or some other extenuating circumstance.

you need to first know what you actually did, and then work on doing the other.

I just got off the phone with LN , a representative placed a security freeze on my LN , she gave me a case id number and said that I should receive a pin in the mail that I could use to unfreeze , I also was told that I have opt out as well , what’s next....thanks

I am in the same situation. i filled out the online form to get opt out and received an email saying that it got approved. I also called in to freeze the report and they said they'll do it. I requested they send me a pin and instead i received a letter saying thank you for contacting them re opt out program and send them any documents pertaining to id theft etc. its been weeks and still haven't received the pin. they have a case number whenever i am on the phone with them. i disputed the bk with all 3 cra and all came back verified. at this point how can i confirm that LN is frozen?

here is the email i got from them:

Dear ____:

Thank you for your interest in LexisNexis® information suppression program. Your request to have information suppressed from LexisNexis public records products has been approved and the suppression is in process.

Please note that your information will remain in the following products and services: restricted public records products which are available to law enforcement entities; products regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act; third party data available through real time gateways; news; and legal documents.

This suppression request does not expire, and LexisNexis will attempt to suppress all of the information available based on the information you provided in your request. Due to the variations in personal information contained in public records, or insufficient or inaccurate information provided in a request, it is possible that personal information about you may be reintroduced to LexisNexis products in the future. If you become aware that your personal information is available through LexisNexis public records products in the future, please notify the LexisNexis Privacy Hotline at once and the issue will be investigated so that we may take appropriate action.

Should you have any questions regarding this confirmation notice, please contact the LexisNexis Privacy Hotline at 1-800-831-2578.

Regards,

Privacy Manager

Cubu , I called the 800 number on the 1st thread from blake10 and I asked for a freeze and the representative told me it was frozen , she gave me a case Id number for the freeze and told me that I’ll be receiving a pin to unfreeze whenever I need to

Cubu , I called the 800 number on the 1st thread from blake10 and I asked for a freeze and the representative told me it was frozen , she gave me a case Id number for the freeze and told me that I’ll be receiving a pin to unfreeze whenever I need to

have you received your pin yet? the rep told me the same and i still haven't received my pin yet. it has been more than 3 weeks.

Results came back from EX verified, I harassed asked ever question I could pertaining to how you verified in 2 days , she said from someone , I asked who hundreds of time and I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes , she came back and said LN , I said how can you verify with them when my information is froze , and I said the courthouse doesn’t give that information out to anyone including CRA , she asked who did I talk with there and I said that I wasn’t giving that information out to you , she placed me on hold again for 10 minutes , told me that I’ll place a dispute back on and I told her that I needed her name and her department, so when the next time this comes back in 2 days again I can reflect back to you and then I said I’m going to sue for not giving me the information that I need pertaining to who verified this PR, she placed me on hold again for about 5 minutes and said I completed the dispute and that I’ll hear something in 30 days or less , our conversation lasted over an hour with me complaining and asking how this account was verified and reading word for word the criteria of unverifiable accounts from the FCRA , she hesitated a lot during our conversation .....let’s see what happens now

I said how can you verify with them when my information is froze

first of all, you just said you didn't have it frozen before. you just did it yesterday and you haven't even gotten the PIN yet.

I said I’m going to sue for not giving me the information that I need pertaining to who verified this PR

dude, that was the worst thing you could ever do. besides the fact that you know how they verified since you didn't even have LN frozen properly! you never, ever, ever tell EX you're going to sue them unless you actually are.

welcome to special handling!

let’s see what happens now

I can tell you what will happen now. you have just guaranteed that the BK will be stuck to your report for every single one of the 3650 days.

Results came back from EX verified, I harassed asked ever question I could pertaining to how you verified in 2 days , she said from someone , I asked who hundreds of time and I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes , she came back and said LN , I said how can you verify with them when my information is froze , and I said the courthouse doesn’t give that information out to anyone including CRA , she asked who did I talk with there and I said that I wasn’t giving that information out to you , she placed me on hold again for 10 minutes , told me that I’ll place a dispute back on and I told her that I needed her name and her department, so when the next time this comes back in 2 days again I can reflect back to you and then I said I’m going to sue for not giving me the information that I need pertaining to who verified this PR, she placed me on hold again for about 5 minutes and said I completed the dispute and that I’ll hear something in 30 days or less , our conversation lasted over an hour with me complaining and asking how this account was verified and reading word for word the criteria of unverifiable accounts from the FCRA , she hesitated a lot during our conversation .....let’s see what happens now

This is all kinds of bad!

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

The last post in this topic was posted 844 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.