How to get a public record removed from your credit report

blake10

A few questions if anyone in the know could please give an answer please. If I missed it I apologize.

1. For LexusNexis how long have you found for the ONLINE OPT-OUT to take affect?

2. LexusNexis how long phone in FREEZE to take affect?

3. Has it caused problems with getting insurance or renewal of policies?

Thanks

A few questions if anyone in the know could please give an answer please. If I missed it I apologize.

1. For LexusNexis how long have you found for the ONLINE OPT-OUT to take affect?

2. LexusNexis how long phone in FREEZE to take affect?

3. Has it caused problems with getting insurance or renewal of policies?

Thanks

freeze takes place immediately whether you call or do it online. Freeze is always permanent unless you unfreeze it. It has not caused me any issues with getting insurance. You can have them thaw just your LN Clue reports if Insurance company needs to see it

There can be some unintended consequences once LN is frozen. Typically verifications will take a little longer. Credit Unions typically have the hardest time with it. If you have a PR reporting your main focus should be getting it removed & not applying for anything anyways.

I would like to know should I freeze or not due to not having anything reporting in Public Records?

There can be some unintended consequences once LN is frozen. Typically verifications will take a little longer. Credit Unions typically have the hardest time with it. If you have a PR reporting your main focus should be getting it removed & not applying for anything anyways.

I would like to know should I freeze or not due to not having anything reporting in Public Records?
have you filed BK?

Do you owe taxes? Do you have a judgement against you?

Did anyone get an application error with Innovis to call in?

why are you calling them?

LOL no I didn't call them. When I did the the online Innovis Freeze it came back with an ERROR MESSAGE and said I need to call in.

GonnaGitit said same her Husband had the same response.

Anyone who has followed the process have any issues???

I have, with TU. I had a tax lien from a SFR (Substitute for Return) that the IRS filed when they didn't receive a couple of mailed tax returns. Although I had filed returns with my new address, they sent the correspondence to an old, old address, so I never received it or knew there was an issue until I called them with a question about something else. Skip to the end, I'm working with them and will have the missing returns refiled within 30 days. The agent said they would automagically withdraw the lien, but I'm going to follow my CB notes with the appropriate forms if needed.

All my bureaus, plus Innovis and LN, have been frozen for a long time.

Sooooo... for the second time, I tried the dispute with TU (the lien was removed from Ex and Eq last year, with no issue), with the correct reason that it was filed in error. They resolved it, saying, "Verified as Accurate." The first time, they verified in about 24 hours.

I thought this time, since it's so close to July 1, they'd delete it. So now, I guess I need to go the MOV route.

What do you think? Thanks!

I have, with TU. I had a tax lien from a SFR (Substitute for Return) that the IRS filed when they didn't receive a couple of mailed tax returns. Although I had filed returns with my new address, they sent the correspondence to an old, old address, so I never received it or knew there was an issue until I called them with a question about something else. Skip to the end, I'm working with them and will have the missing returns refiled within 30 days. The agent said they would automagically withdraw the lien, but I'm going to follow my CB notes with the appropriate forms if needed.

Sooooo... for the second time, I tried the dispute with TU (the lien was removed from Ex and Eq last year, with no issue), with the correct reason that it was filed in error. They resolved it, saying, "Verified as Accurate." The first time, they verified in about 24 hours.

I thought this time, since it's so close to July 1, they'd delete it. So now, I guess I need to go the MOV route.

yes you need them to tell you how they verified it. Be persistent

Thanks, Blake. I will be. They're ticking me off ;)

Do you have a favorite MOV letter? I'm about to search the forum/databases for one. Thanks :)

I think I am missing something. LN site says you need to submit documentation of identity theft or be law enforcement. Is this just not something I cannot do as I do not have that documentation.

online form

https://optout.lexisnexis.com/oo.jsp

reason

I do not want my information publicly available via LexisNexis products

Oh! Thank you!.

Submitted.

Do you have a favorite MOV letter? I'm about to search the forum/databases for one. Thanks :)

Please send me copies of the documents that you have in your files as of this date that you used to verify the accuracy of the accounts listed below.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681g I have the right to demand that you disclose to me all of the documents that you have recorded and retained in your file at the time of this request concerning the accounts that you are reporting in my credit report. Please don’t respond to my request by saying that these accounts have been verified. Send me copies of the documents that you have in your files that were used to verify them.

If you do not have any documentation in your files to verify the accuracy of these disputed accounts then please delete them immediately as required under Section 611(a)(5)(A)(i). By publishing these inaccurate and unverified items on my credit report and distributing them to 3rd parties you are damaging my reputation and credit worthiness.

Under the FCRA 15 U.S.C. § 1681i, all unverified accounts must be promptly deleted. Therefore, if you are unable to provide me with a copy of the verifiable proof that you have on file for each of the accounts listed below within 30 days of receipt of this letter then you must remove these accounts from my credit report.

Please send me copies of the documents that you have in your files as of this date that you used to verify the accuracy of the accounts listed below.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681g I have the right to demand that you disclose to me all of the documents that you have recorded and retained in your file at the time of this request concerning the accounts that you are reporting in my credit report. Please don’t respond to my request by saying that these accounts have been verified. Send me copies of the documents that you have in your files that were used to verify them.

If you do not have any documentation in your files to verify the accuracy of these disputed accounts then please delete them immediately as required under Section 611(a)(5)(A)(i). By publishing these inaccurate and unverified items on my credit report and distributing them to 3rd parties you are damaging my reputation and credit worthiness.

Under the FCRA 15 U.S.C. § 1681i, all unverified accounts must be promptly deleted. Therefore, if you are unable to provide me with a copy of the verifiable proof that you have on file for each of the accounts listed below within 30 days of receipt of this letter then you must remove these accounts from my credit report.

Thank you so much!

Did anyone get an application error with Innovis to call in?

why are you calling them?
LOL no I didn't call them. When I did the the online Innovis Freeze it came back with an ERROR MESSAGE and said I need to call in.

GonnaGitit said same her Husband had the same response.

Received freeze confirmation from Innovis today for mine. Also received letter from Innovis stating hubby's Innovis report was already frozen. So in our case, the online notice from them to call in was because his report was already frozen. Reports for both came same day as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk