Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

How to get a public record removed from your credit report

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

in this instance, however, EQ claims to have verified with L/N and it seems EQ is lying.

Correct...it states right on the dispute results page that they verified with LN both times. I know this is false the first time because I pulled a full LN report and there is no inquiry from them or anybody on or around the time of the dispute. I know this is false the second time because LN is completely frozen/opted out/suppressed/etc and I have the PIN to verify it.

18 hours ago, hegemony said:

in this instance, however, EQ claims to have verified with L/N and it seems EQ is lying.

UNLESS it was done through CourtLink, a LN service.  I have no idea whether use of CL would show on an LN Person report.

OP needs to pony up and file their suit...

1 hour ago, centex said:

UNLESS it was done through CourtLink, a LN service.  I have no idea whether use of CL would show on an LN Person report.

OP needs to pony up and file their suit...

getting a MOV response is essential for litigation in my honest non-attorney, not-a-customer-of-holiday-day-inn-express opinion.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:59 AM, hegemony said:

getting a MOV response is essential for litigation in my honest non-attorney, not-a-customer-of-holiday-day-inn-express opinion.

I received their boiler plate "MOV" today. Basically it looks almost the same as the letter they sent when I disputed originally. Of course they continue to lie and say their MOV is LN even though I don't believe this is possible.

I'm not sure what I would do for next steps. Do I have any recourse to go back to them and say...GOTCHA...you couldn't have verified with LN or is there a more tried and true approach. I should say I have no interest in actually filing a lawsuit. I've heard threatening a suit is not a good idea either. Thoughts?

Threatening litigation can be a good thing when there are legitimate issues.  Back when I was dealing with the identity theft issues, getting into the EFX version of special handling was the best thing that could have happened.  I had someone based in the States who spoke Texan and who returned calls if she was not at her desk when I called.  It was not quite as special as the dedicated AA agent for the Ryan Bingham character in Up In The Air, but is wasn't far off...we were on first name basis in a very short time...

For those that are trying to huff and puff things away...special handling can be the Seventh Level of Hell.