Sign in to follow this  
nolanryan

Discover Apple Pay 10% payout?

Did anyone else get an email?

Thank you for enrolling on September 18, 2015 in our promotional offer of 10% Cashback Bonus® on up to $10,000 in Discover® card purchases made with Discover card in Apple Pay from September 16, 2015 to December 31, 2015. Based on an internal review, we have decided to award you additional Cashback Bonus related to this promotion. It will appear on your statement within the next two billing cycles.

Their guess work resulted in not getting paid out on anything. Maybe I have some cash in the way?

I got the email, as did one of my friends.

Maybe they got sued over changing terms on the GCs and they are trying to (being forced to) go back and credit the GC charges? Purely speculating here. I know my payout was correct based on getting no GC credits after the change in terms (I got paid on the $2k of GCs pre change plus all my other AP purchases).

Edited by CTSoxFan

Did anyone else get an email?

Thank you for enrolling on September 18, 2015 in our promotional offer of 10% Cashback Bonus® on up to $10,000 in Discover® card purchases made with Discover card in Apple Pay from September 16, 2015 to December 31, 2015. Based on an internal review, we have decided to award you additional Cashback Bonus related to this promotion. It will appear on your statement within the next two billing cycles.

I got an identical e-mail.

Thank you for choosing Discover and enjoy your Cashback Bonus.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

I find it curious they reference the sign-up date of 9/18/15 since I signed up after this date, (this date was the date of the changes in the T&C's referring to GC's not being eligible).
I wouldn't be surprised if everybody who only got $50 for a single GC purchased after the T&C change on 9/18 gets cashback for all their MS*, (minus organic spend paid).

I got the email as well. I made nearly 11k in total Apple Pay purchases according to my records, but only $485 of the 10% promo paid out (some were GC purchases before the change to the T&C, then I switched it up and most was organic with some merchant GC's sprinkled in.)

So, it could be worth $515 to me if they have to pony up the whole amount... that would be a fine day indeed :grin:

Edit: I just realized that this initially paid out during the 1 year of double cash back, so I got more than that out of it. So that would actually be worth $1,030 had it paid out during double cash back... maybe we see that, even if not initially.

Edited by mrage

I can't remember what I ran through it. I tried to find the original thread with no luck. I know I posted in there.

Correction. I just went and looked at my statements. I maxed out the $10k and wasnt paid any bonus $$$. So maybe I have the other $900 bucks coming. That would be sweet.

Surprised there isn't more buzz on this. I have $970 bucks coming that wasn't expected.

Guess everyone else was paid out originally or doesn't like free money ?

I'm too dense to know how to properly receive legitimately earned rewards.

I'm too dense to know how to properly receive legitimately earned rewards.

you;re a nutter.

Surprised there isn't more buzz on this. I have $970 bucks coming that wasn't expected.

Have you actually seen it on your account that you will receive that money? I got the email, and I'm hoping that's what it is about, but I'll get excited when I see it show up in my cash rewards online.

Have you actually seen it on your account that you will receive that money? I got the email, and I'm hoping that's what it is about, but I'll get excited when I see it show up in my cash rewards online.

Okay, I get it now. Read the comments at the link below.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/additional-details-regarding-discover-apple-pay-2015-e-mail/

I am going to have to call myself. I think I would be in line for an additional $1,000 or more if they are doubling the GC purchases. Be a hell of a belated birthday present.

ETA - I did a chat with Disco and they said I will be getting an additional $1,600 cash back! Of course being Disco and their "quirkiness", I won't be counting it until I have it in hand, but needless to say it is a good Sunday AM for me. Glad I went the full $10K on the GC purchases even after the change.

While I am happy about this development, doesn't change the fact they handled the promo horribly and still will only be used for 5% categories/DD purchases.

Edited by CTSoxFan

I am going to have to call myself. I think I would be in line for an additional $1,000 or more if they are doubling the GC purchases. Be a hell of a belated birthday present.

ETA - I did a chat with Disco and they said I will be getting an additional $1,600 cash back! Of course being Disco and their "quirkiness", I won't be counting it until I have it in hand, but needless to say it is a good Sunday AM for me. Glad I went the full $10K on the GC purchases even after the change.

While I am happy about this development, doesn't change the fact they handled the promo horribly and still will only be used for 5% categories/DD purchases.

Yeah we will see. But at this point I'm sure it will be paid out. It would be hard to back pedal after sending out that email.

so it just takes the threat of a lawsuit for subprime discovery to properly credit CB promos...

so it just takes the threat of a lawsuit for subprime discovery to properly credit CB promos...

Did you read somewhere there was a lawsuit? As I stated in my post I was purely speculating...

To be fair, they did properly credit the promo (I got exactly what I was entitled to under the modified terms). The shady part was changing the terms 2 days in to not cover GCs.

The Jury's in for me.

Account closed yesterday and I got paid the additional 10% for every GC purchased @ Walgreens and originally denied the additional 10%, already got the standard 1%, (dog years old account so no doubling).

I'll never understand the hate, (or love), I see posted here about ANY CC. :blink:

Statement cut. I spent 10K during the 10% promotion and I have now received payment for all of it.

Did you read somewhere there was a lawsuit? As I stated in my post I was purely speculating...

It certainly isn't altruism. Somebody sued or took them to arbitration.

^^^A+

Agree, thus my initial speculation. Was just wondering if anyone had read of confirmation...

My statement cuts in about a week. I really hope that the CB is there. Will be instant redemption to bank account so they can't change their mind.

Discover just credited $1300 to my cashback account :D

Card hasn't been used in 60 days, so I have no clue where that extra cash came from.

I'm going to get an additional $900 something credited. This promotion was too good to be true. I'm glad it finally worked out 100%.