Sign in to follow this  
OmniCamaro

I'm on the NFCU train and I ain't getting off.

After 3 years of stringent tightening of spending and accounting I finally got an awesome credit line with NFCU (GoRewards).

I've been with them for about 16 months with a secured card ($1600). Used pretty much the full amount every month (that took some effort) and paid it off before every statement date. That along with my tiny cap one card, 2 auto loans, and a mortgage I'm in the 630-650 range now.

I take back anything I've ever stated negatively about them! Just applied for a CLOC, I figured why not, we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! I'm almost in (I called) and I'm hesitant to app because my scores are mid 700s (EX), high 600s (EQ) and high 500s (TU). It seems every pre-qual I've submitted with a soft pull pulled TU. It can't be coincidence that the most damaged CR by one CA is the one that looks like it's most frequently pulled in my state. OTOH, a good limit would pull my scores up :(

But I love these posts, they're so hopeful!

After 3 years of stringent tightening of spending and accounting I finally got an awesome credit line with NFCU (GoRewards).

I've been with them for about 16 months with a secured card ($1600). Used pretty much the full amount every month (that took some effort) and paid it off before every statement date. That along with my tiny cap one card, 2 auto loans, and a mortgage I'm in the 630-650 range now.

I take back anything I've ever stated negatively about them! Just applied for a CLOC, I figured why not, we'll see how that goes.

20+

Definitely not vague or anything.

Approved limit must be super top secret info.

Congrats! I'm almost in (I called) and I'm hesitant to app because my scores are mid 700s (EX), high 600s (EQ) and high 500s (TU). It seems every pre-qual I've submitted with a soft pull pulled TU. It can't be coincidence that the most damaged CR by one CA is the one that looks like it's most frequently pulled in my state. OTOH, a good limit would pull my scores up :(

Yes they used TU for me and it's also my worst. TU must have some terrible scoring algorithms. I paid my mortgage and my TU score dropped 5 points! There's no explaining that one while telling the truth.

I was quite floored, almost literally. Keep at it with them and also send messages to have on file. The messages may make the difference with scores that aren't optimal.

Yes they used TU for me and it's also my worst. TU must have some terrible scoring algorithms. I paid my mortgage and my TU score dropped 5 points! There's no explaining that one while telling the truth.

I was quite floored, almost literally. Keep at it with them and also send messages to have on file. The messages may make the difference with scores that aren't optimal.

My TU FAKO and my other FAKO on CK dropped a combined 46 points this morning. I was reading old threads and the Jack Attack guy said that happens if you fight LVNV. Will this change bastids to salamanders? :D

ETA: I've considered freezing my TU until this is resolved but IDK if that's the right move. It's just a ridiculous single zombie $600 debt that is completely tanking my TU. :(

Why don't you freeze TU and see what happens? Worst case you unfreeze it and try again. TU runs a credit monitoring site that lets you freeze and unfreeze for free: www.trueidentity.com

Why don't you freeze TU and see what happens? Worst case you unfreeze it and try again. TU runs a credit monitoring site that lets you freeze and unfreeze for free: www.trueidentity.com

I'm going to call them Monday about this DV I received, and I think then I will do that- thank you <3