Blakes quest for 1 million in credit lines

State is on my list as is UNFCU. I did apply once at State a couple of years ago when they were one of the first with chipped cards and no FTF. Things didn't go well. I unfroze EX and when I applied they couldn't pull EX because they need 7 business days between the day you unfreeze and the day they can pull. Seems they go through an intermediary and they don't get realtime updates from EX.

I did hear they don't like to see much available credit on your credit reports. My strategy is to just get membership and maybe a secured card. Nurse that for 1/2 year and then app the credit card. I'll do that early next year when I am in DC and go into a branch.

Right now I'm going to start nursing Wells Fargo and FNBO (affectionately called my "Hege Card"). I might app another Chase or two to continue combining limits. Other than that, just keep my eyes open and try not to app anything else.

With 820 FICO's, and 440k in CL's, I app'd UNFCU last summer. Rejected, reconned, had a chat with an UW who reminded my of my 4th grade math teacher - she made it abundantly clear that I was wasting her time by applying for credit that I obviuosly did not need (and by "abundantly clear", that is to say that she used those exact words :) )

Edited by JeffeVerde

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's busy dealing with the BK.

I'd pay money for an update 👍

My middle name is Schadenfreude

State is on my list as is UNFCU. I did apply once at State a couple of years ago when they were one of the first with chipped cards and no FTF. Things didn't go well. I unfroze EX and when I applied they couldn't pull EX because they need 7 business days between the day you unfreeze and the day they can pull. Seems they go through an intermediary and they don't get realtime updates from EX.

I did hear they don't like to see much available credit on your credit reports. My strategy is to just get membership and maybe a secured card. Nurse that for 1/2 year and then app the credit card. I'll do that early next year when I am in DC and go into a branch.

Right now I'm going to start nursing Wells Fargo and FNBO (affectionately called my "Hege Card"). I might app another Chase or two to continue combining limits. Other than that, just keep my eyes open and try not to app anything else.

With 820 FICO's, and 440k in CL's, I app'd UNFCU last summer. Rejected, reconned, had a chat with an UW who reminded my of my 4th grade math teacher - she made it abundantly clear that I was wasting her time by applying for credit that I obviuosly did not need (and by "abundantly clear", that is to say that she used those exact words :) )

wow that's crazy. Never heard that before.

And that's probably why I have put UNFCU off for so long now.

If someday I find myself bored out of my tree and in the mood to go postal, I'll join and then use a little trick I used with PenFed. It might just work on UNFCU, too.

When you don't need credit is usually when it's easy to get. Is this CU good for rebuilders then?

When you don't need credit is usually when it's easy to get. Is this CU good for rebuilders then?

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=522549&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1
  • 3 weeks later...

Applied to the Capital One Venture today and was approved for a nice $30k....I have the QS already which has a 10k line...I would like to combine. Does anyone know how long I should wait to combine? I was at least going to get the bonus first for sure

Edited by blake10

Applied to the Capital One Venture today and was approved for a nice $30k....I have the QS already which has a 10k line...I would like to combine. Does anyone know how long I should wait to combine? I was at least going to get the bonus first for sure

:huh:

PNC raised my Biz Credit Line to $25,000....Business lines are so much quicker to grow for sure

Nice! Congrats! What states do they lend in?

southeast for sure. They have a pretty large footprint #10 largest bank

How come you don't have a personal card with PNC?

i am waiting to get their 4% gas card. That is on my next app spree

Has this app spree ended? :dntknw:

yup. Ha ha

Apparently not.

To freeze or not to freeze??? That is the question. Now that I am in the garden and not applying for anything for rest of the year should I freeze my reports? Being a business owner my credit gets looked at a lot from merchants , other businesses etc.. if my reports are froze can they still do a soft pull. Are there any consequences by freezing?

It looks like someone has wandered from the garden.

181 days.
thank you

No more sprees but if I feel I will get a high limit on a card I am gonna go for it

Cap One saw me running 100k through them over 5 months and PIF

Why haven't you tried to get a CLI on your Navy Biz CC?

I just don't use that card at all. I need to use it some to get CLI right?