Sign in to follow this  
vezhiux

Chase 5/24

I think I've seen a tread where this question was already answered, but I can't find it.
I'm over 5/24 and only have 1 chase United card. Ready to apply for a few more cards this year, and Chase would be nice since they are one of my higher limit card, and I use it a lot.
Which of their "partner cards" is guarantee not to fall under 5/24 rule? I simply don't want to waste a HP.
Thanks

Chase doesn’t seem to impose this restriction on its IHG, Hyatt, British Airways, Fairmont, Ritz-Carlton, or Amazon cards.

I can't find the thread I recall on here but this is from a recent article.

Edited by Agrajag

Check your offers once you login to your Chase account. The 5/24 rule doesn't apply if they've pre-approved your for an offer with a specific interest rate. I'm over 20/24 and I just got approved for the Sapphire and the Slate. I closed the unlimited and redistributed the limit between my current Freedom and the new Sapphire.

Check your offers once you login to your Chase account. The 5/24 rule doesn't apply if they've pre-approved your for an offer with a specific interest rate. I'm over 20/24 and I just got approved for the Sapphire and the Slate. I closed the unlimited and redistributed the limit between my current Freedom and the new Sapphire.

Welcome to CB! :wave:

Sadly nothing on my offer list.

One more question.
My util = 2% at the moment with 3 different cards reporting balances. 3k, 1k and 50$. I'm paying off balances every month but keep forgetting that Penfed and USbank reports on 1st of the month. So thats how I have few unexpected balances. Does chase or any other bank may decline an app because "too many accounts with balances" (I remember I use to get some declines like these in the past) or these days it should be no problem?

One more question.

My util = 2% at the moment with 3 different cards reporting balances. 3k, 1k and 50$. I'm paying off balances every month but keep forgetting that Penfed and USbank reports on 1st of the month. So thats how I have few unexpected balances. Does chase or any other bank may decline an app because "too many accounts with balances" (I remember I use to get some declines like these in the past) or these days it should be no problem?

Some banks like to see more reporting than others. It will improve your FICOs a little bit to have lower balances but that doesn't necessarily mean you will be approved. What are your FICOs?

One more question.

Some banks like to see more reporting than others. It will improve your FICOs a little bit to have lower balances but that doesn't necessarily mean you will be approved. What are your FICOs?

FICO's ranging from 760 to 780's. Spending average 15k/month right now. All PIF before statement cuts.

One more question.

FICO's ranging from 760 to 780's. Spending average 15k/month right now. All PIF before statement cuts.

I don't think paying those smallish balances will have an impact one way or the other on your apps.

Amazon, Hyatt and Marriott, to name a few.

I've read before that someone app'ed for Marryott and was rejected because of 5/24. And some other people were also approved. So i don't know if its worth it to try.

From DoC:

What Cards Does This Affect?

Chase has a lot of credit cards, this 5/24 rule applies to the following cards:

• Chase Freedom
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Slate
  • Chase Ink Cash
  • Chase Ink Plus
  • Chase Ink Preferred
  • Chase Southwest Plus personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier business card
  • Chase Marriott Premier personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Club Card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer business card
What Cards Aren’t Affected?

The following cards don’t have this rule applied to them:

• Chase IHG
  • Chase Hyatt
  • Chase British Airways
  • Chase Disney
  • Chase Fairmont
  • Chase Marriott Premier business card
  • Chase Ritz-Carlton
  • Chase Amazon
  • Chase AARP
Edited by semistatic

Hi! I did a few searches and I believe I found my answer here. Is 5/24 still in full effect for Chase SW Rapid Rewards? This thread is fairly recent and it sounds like it still is.

TIA

To the best of my knowledge, WN cards are currently all affected by the 5/24 rule.

If you find out different, please let me know :D

To the best of my knowledge, WN cards are currently all affected by the 5/24 rule.

If you find out different, please let me know :D

Will do. I will probably GP it. I switched companies and now work for SW and want to have some points as back up.

Will Chase retroactively close an account that was approved, but a few new accounts pop up after the approval that will put you over 5/24?

No but it appears from info collected here you must avoid doing things that would prompt Chase to put you on a watch list like seeking new credit cards from Chase.

Update as of December 2018:

What Cards Does This Affect?

Chase has a lot of credit cards, this 5/24 rule applies to the following cards:

All of them

The following cards don’t have this rule applied to them:

None of them

________________________________________________________________________________________

And the monkey-see-monkey-do effect has taken hold throughout the industry.