Sign in to follow this  
darkhorseCA

NFCU Blip a Blessing in Disguise??

I Applied to NFCU the other week.

But I began to regret it after reading the message boards – according to some posters it's better to apply when your credit is cleaner so they don't hold it against you. The idea being that even if my credit improves, they'll hold my initial call against me (correct?)

Well today I received notice that the copies of IDs I uploaded were too blurry. I have the chance to resubmit but I'm wondering if it's better to wait and apply for membership when my credit is better. That way they won't hold the initial pull against me (as posters have suggested) when I apply for a car loan.

But I began to regret it after reading the message boards – according to some posters it's better to apply when your credit is cleaner so they don't hold it against you. The idea being that even if my credit improves, they'll hold my initial call against me (correct?)

Well today I received notice that the copies of IDs I uploaded were too blurry. I have the chance to resubmit but I'm wondering if it's better to wait and apply for membership when my credit is better. That way they won't hold the initial pull against me (as posters have suggested) when I apply for a car loan.

U are probably thinking of Penfed Navy is pretty lenient.

Navy is very lenient! I Would still apply for membership and start of testing your approval with a CLOC.

Huh? People get $10K CCs and $500 CLOCs. A CLOC is not the way to test NFCU.

They won't hold it against you if your credit isn't that great at the time of membership.

Just wait until your credit is better before you apply for any loan products.

The ONLY time to join/use NFCU is when no one else will give you decent unsecured credit lines.

Once your profile improves, you should move on to a financial institution designed for people who have their #$^% together.

The ONLY time to join/use NFCU is when no one else will give you decent unsecured credit lines.

Once your profile improves, you should move on to a financial institution designed for people who have their #$^% together.

Agreed.

Only reason I'm with Navy is because I IIB'd every other bank and they still hold grudges.

Cap1 and them are the only ones to give me decent line. But now I have prybars so hopefully when I'm forgiven it will work in my favor.

You're thinking of PenFed. NFCU is very bad credit friendly.

Ooops. So it's PenFed I should have held off on?

Is it really ok for me to finish my NFCU app now, rather than wait a few weeks for if you items and repairing to improve my credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooops. So it's PenFed I should have held off on?

Is it really ok for me to finish my NFCU app now, rather than wait a few weeks for if you items and repairing to improve my credit?

It's Ok finish the app with NFCU.

NFCU has another smaller benefit - if you're taking your financed car with you to a US territory, they're one of the only non-manufacturer financial institutions that will allow it. Them, Penfed, First Tech, and BCU. That's it.

Since I'm considering returning to Puerto Rico, this is a big deal for me.

Edited by ElGringo

I told my older brother about NAVY 2 weeks ago. His scores were around the 650s (Don't know the exact numbers) He was approved for a 5000 VISA. That's his highest limit by far. I know they needed documents sent in. Probably pay stubs or something.

Navy is very lenient! I Would still apply for membership and start of testing your approval with a CLOC.

I started out with a $2900 CC and a $15000 CLOC. Go figure.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I told my older brother about NAVY 2 weeks ago. His scores were around the 650s (Don't know the exact numbers) He was approved for a 5000 VISA. That's his highest limit by far. I know they needed documents sent in. Probably pay stubs or something.

I joined NFCU last week with a TU FICO 8 score at 620 and got a $17,900 Visa and didn't have to provide proof of income. (I could, but was instantly approved) YMMV

While obviously everything is YMMV, your situation is definitely outside the norms.

I joined NFCU last week with a TU FICO 8 score at 620 and got a $17,900 Visa and didn't have to provide proof of income. (I could, but was instantly approved) YMMV

Any lates reported on your file?

While obviously everything is YMMV, your situation is definitely outside the norms.
That was my experience as well. $2,300 cc $15,000 CLOC.

Not what I expected. It must be highly profile dependant.

Any lates reported on your file?
2 CO's from 2 CC's multiple lates and a CO from a personal loan. And student loan lates. All scheduled to fall off within the next 12 months though. Perfect on student loans and a car loan from the last 3 years. Scores are in my sig

Just to clarify, did y

just to clarify, were you preapproved with your membership application? You didn't have to apply for these specifically?

Just to clarify, did y

just to clarify, were you preapproved with your membership application? You didn't have to apply for these specifically?
Once approved for membership, I had to apply online for the CC.