credithacker

Credit Cards that don't care about inquiries (Experian Preferred)

Was approved for NFCU CC & CLOC, 3 Chase cards & Wells Fargo CC recently. Was denied Amex SVG, NASA, First Tech CU with reasons stating too many inquiries last 12 months, too many recently opened accounts. Would like to get one more card preferably with over $10k limit then sit on my cards for a bit and let them age. Any recommendations for creditors that don't have a ton of issues with recent inquiries? Preferably that pull Experian as that is my highest score. Thanks in advance!

PS. I hear a lot of inquiries don't matter that much. When I've spoken to recon departments they have specifically told me that it was a major factor in their decision.

They don't matter on your FICO after the first 8 (I think that's the number ) but to many inquiries is the go to reason if they see something they don't like that they can't use as a reason to decline.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

They don't matter on your FICO after the first 8 (I think that's the number ) but to many inquiries is the go to reason if they see something they don't like that they can't use as a reason to decline.

+1

You've got 6 new accounts.

Do you have older accounts too?

What are your scores like?

What are your negatives and when was your most recent late payment?

Anyone who thinks AMEX is INQ or new account sensitive is barking up the wrong tree. If they threw out those reasons, they don't like your profile/income.

Was approved for NFCU CC & CLOC, 3 Chase cards & Wells Fargo CC recently. Was denied Amex SVG, NASA, First Tech CU with reasons stating too many inquiries last 12 months, too many recently opened accounts. Would like to get one more card preferably with over $10k limit then sit on my cards for a bit and let them age. Any recommendations for creditors that don't have a ton of issues with recent inquiries? Preferably that pull Experian as that is my highest score. Thanks in advance!

PS. I hear a lot of inquiries don't matter that much. When I've spoken to recon departments they have specifically told me that it was a major factor in their decision.

they dont matter, they just tell you that to get you off the phone and dont wnat to have to explain the intricacies of their underwriting and why you didnt qualify. Maybe they dont want to show their hand in how their underwriting works so people cant game their system or maybe parts of their underwriting is just plain illegal but either way its not the inquiries. I was approved for a Amex BCP last month 5k limit with something like 23 inquiries on the report they pulled...Ive been a busy bee, buzz buzz lol

Edit: I think citi might be the exception with auto decline at 6 inq. and seemed to hold true as i was auto denied before and auto approved after i dropped below six with not much change in score or profile. Others on here would know more about this than me and my limited experience though.

Edited by FormerAnalyst

Scores low to mid 700's. Over $200k year income. $25k NFCU highest limit a little over a year old and a Wells Fargo card 6/mos old for active accounts. Have big gap since I've closed my older accounts 7 years old. NFCU CLOC & 3 Chase Cards haven't hit my credit yet so trying to get another card before they do as I'm expecting a drop when they report. Lady at First Tech just said "looks like you've been applying for a lot of credit cards so we don't like to see that".

Total Credit Limit $26,000
My Debt $3,051 (12%)
Positive Accounts 5 no lates
Credit History 17 years
Oldest Account 214 months
Average Credit Age 123 months
Revolving Accounts 2 open / 4 closed
Loan Accounts 0 open / 0 closed
Undefined Accounts 0 open / 1 closed
Public Records 0
Inquiry Records 6 recent last 6 months
Collection Accounts 0

Scores low to mid 700's. Over $200k year income. $25k NFCU highest limit a little over a year old and a Wells Fargo card 6/mos old for active accounts. Have big gap since I've closed my older accounts 7 years old. NFCU CLOC & 3 Chase Cards haven't hit my credit yet so trying to get another card before they do as I'm expecting a drop when they report. Lady at First Tech just said "looks like you've been applying for a lot of credit cards so we don't like to see that".

My Debt $3,051 (12%)
Credit History 17 years
Public Records 0
Collection Accounts 0

i will assume that CU manually reviews everything, looks to me like you have a very thin recent file with just two accounts and as you described a big gap. If it were me, id be pulling court records (lexisnexis) looking to see if you filed BK or have previous lawsuits and judgements. Where i worked it didnt matter how old we would decline you, that wasnt legal so we would say you had too many inquiries and a gap in credit. Have you had any problems in the past corresponding with that gap? Maybe they are more conservative and see that gap in just assume the worst until you prove otherwise with a more solid current payment history.

No BK's, lawsuits or judgments and they haven't asked about the gap. Amex was the business SVG card so could have been lack of business history as well. Thinking I'll try with them again and cross my fingers. Thanks for the feedback!

Search for Alliant Share Secured CliffsNotes. Easy, quick, cheap way to boost your thin file.

Thanks I actually just opened an account with them a few days ago to get that going. I was approved with NFCU for an auto loan and I've read they said no need if opening a new auto loan. I know it can't hurt but would you open one of those if you were planning on getting an auto loan soon?

It's not the peekaboos.

It's not the peekaboos.

I agree it's not the inquiries, but NONE of the new accounts have even reported yet.

It's not the peekaboos.

I agree it's not the inquiries, but NONE of the new accounts have even reported yet.

It's not the peekaboos.

what's your point?

It's not the peekaboos.

what's your point?

Turtles.

I have no idea what turtles mean, and it's annoying as hell.

A turtle is a slow-moving reptile, enclosed in a scaly or leathery domed shell into which it can retract its head and thick legs. "Turtles" is the plural form of the word.

It's not the peekaboos.

what's your point?

Turtles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

6+ are scored the same.

OP, the reason codes are just what is spit out by FICO for why your score isn't higher. Those are auto generated and not the reason you got denied.

My Debt $3,051 (12%)
Credit History 17 years
Public Records 0
Collection Accounts 0

Your problem is your thin credit file.

Now is the time to stop applying and let the new accounts report and age.

Edited by mendelssohn

6+ are scored the same.

OP, the reason codes are just what is spit out by FICO for why your score isn't higher. Those are auto generated and not the reason you got denied.

Yep. Applications are denied/approved based on an application score which is derived from your income, how long you've lived at the same place, length and type of employment, whether you are a homeowner, stated assets like a savings/investment account, etc. Issuers vary as to how they factor these or even if they do. CSRs don't see a detailed breakdown as to how a FICO score is adjusted based on these. When you are declined, they just use the FICO reason codes since these are required to be reported to you. This is why "too many inquiries" often are listed.

Edited by cashnocredit